Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

I would love if Equinox's Augments be looked at. Most notably her 1 and 4. Duality works like Wukong's 1. I personally don't mind this but it still needs some tweaking. If Duality clone had the same aggression as Wu Clone that would be great. Plus taking care of a weird issue where it will spawn with only 1 shot in its gun. Can it come in with a full clip so it wont waste the first 2-3 seconds reloading.

Her 4 augment should be in the base frame in my opinion. Creating a large pool of stored points is pointless in night form, but with the augment you can store then swap. You should be encouraged more to swap forms but I would bet more people stay in day more than anything else.

4 hours ago, OmegaVitae said:

any internal talk on making Energy Transfer innate and applying the transferable charge effect to Equinox's 3 as well? she's really lacking fluidity when you have to either treat her like 2 seperate frames, or sacrifice a mod slot on a frame whose buildspace is already very tight.

^^^This. My sentiments exactly.

Augments that give a boost to the abilities they are for are a welcomed change.

Looking more into Conclave Augments for main game would be great too. Granted not all of them would be good but a handful are actually really, really good. We got Mesa's Waltz, there are other good ones we could use.

Good effort, but there are so many individual problems with the augment system that the whole thing probably needs a reimagining (and has probably needed it from the start).  At this point it feels like this should all be folded into a combo upgrades/skills tree + customization menu than mods.

could you make the tesla augment multiply the damage of connected teslas? 

also make the chroma effigy augment an exalted companion instead of a moveable turret (or turn into the effigy)

also also it would be SOOOOOOO awesome if titanic rumbler instead turned atlas into a gigantic rumbler 

hace 2 horas, DeeDeetheSpy dijo:

Sounds good, Makes Ash more useful for AOEying

Do you realise that's what the ability already does? Essentially this takes away an already existing feature of the ability (clone attacks counting for the melee counter) and you now need to slot an augment for it.

And it does jacksquat for AoE because Slowstorm cannot AoE because it attacks 2 targets per 1.5s and this won't help. It's actually a straight nerf to the ability.

Titania's Beguiling Lantern is useless as is but is a potentially very interesting augment.  Titania is currently a pure exalted dps warframe with a small amount of utility due to her other augment.  Beguiling Lantern could potentially open up an entirely new and thematically appropriate playstyle for Titania.  But the problem with it is that meleeing enemies in the range of the lantern target will send the lantern into orbit away from the enemies that were cced and giving you a damage buff thus making it useless.  And no, the return function it currently has does absolutely nothing as the lantern just yo-yo's back and forth across its origin point and doesn't stay still long enough to be useful.

To improve this augment we could have the lantern tether itself to Titania so she just drags it along behind her in addition to providing the current melee damage buff.  That would keep the effect within melee range and promote this weird melee Titania build that the augment seems to be pushing.  And bonus!  It would be thematically on point because the idea of a pixie dragging around a person it turned into a glowing lantern while carving dumbfounded enemies is pretty comical.  Like the enemies are just staring thinking "what the hell..." and don't move out of sheer shock while this pixie is just cackling happily.

Sounds great and all, but I can count the augments I use regularly on one hand with fingers to spare, and I don't see any thing here to change that. Short of removing the point cost from augments and adding a dedicated augments slot, these are all left in the same space as all the exilus mods were before they had a dedicated slot. Of course, you devalued them again by adding the drift mods, but that's a whole other can of worms.

hace 5 horas, [DE]Bear dijo:

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration
  • The Clones already raise the combo counter so moving that feature from "baseline" to "augment" is a direct nerf
  • The Augment already extends the combo counter duration and it's arse because it only works on "base" combo counter, meaning it gives 3s at max rank with default duration.

Wanna know what would be a good Update to this augment?

• Marking Reticle widens and number of clones increases as more enemies are marked (think of it like a reverse peacemaker)
  • Blade Storm's damage is increased by 5% for every mark spent, stacking until the ability ends, then resetting to 0. (this effectively creates a cycle where Blade Storm scales higher the more enemies are marked at once)

Or, you know, rework the damn frame already because BS s*cks so hard it tears a rift in the space-time continuum creating a pocket-universe made out of buffalo-bat hybrid guano!

I'm sorry for the "flowery" language, but this is ridiculous, the frame has endured nerf after nerf since U19, with some little QoL bandaids to massive design flaws. And it's not like we haven't provided ideas that would make the frame (and by addition, it's augments) better!

Here's two samples:

My goodness! How can DE hate the frame so much?!

Just because pool of life isn't used doesnt mean it or the ability well of life are bad. After all we still have players building trin for lowered duration for general play. 

Honestly, you should let us have an option to burn our augmentations permanently into our frames at a cost of course. 

That way we can use 2 3 or 4 without totally destroying our builds.  

I.e.  nekros nova trin 

5 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

I'm sorry, but this is one of those augments that should have waited until a rework. Target Fixation just doesn't work due to how Tailwind works. Zephyr simply does not have enough control with Tailwind to even consider dealing damage with the ability without landing.

5 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

I would actually like this "Hold to release a wave" as a base function of the frames' kits as a damage/status option within a small-medium range, while the augment is there to buff ally damage.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:
3 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

It seems like they're just releasing these in waves

Could you clarify this? I see nothing in the OP to suggest that they're releasing these in waves.

The closest there comes to a mention of this lies here:

"For now, this Workshop only covers Augments that we felt we could improve fairly without major overhauls of the base ability as well."

Due to the fact that Cloudwalker was just overhauled it's not applicable to this statement, as it no longer requires a major overhaul, therefore isn't likely to be featured in potentially upcoming Workshops.

The post literally said they'll be looking at augments for abilities that don't need any major overhauls..

Like you said, wukong just got a major overhaul. Why would they look at his augments right now, if they're looking at  augments for "overhauled/reworked" abilities later? 

It would be more efficient to wait to lump all those reworked abilities together and knock them out at once.  (Or they're ignoring wukong, since they just did his rework)

6 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

These used to give buffs to not just weapons but abilities too right? That would be an interesting consideration to allow them to do that again.

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

Hopefully the damage would atleast be comparable to 2 regular rumblers, but the extra speed is also decent.

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

There's no saving either this or the base ability, not without doing something about the fact that it destroys drops either way. 

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

Just adding a proc chance would be better than either of those 2 changes.

Swazdo-lah, offworlder!

As we re-look at systems within the game, there is one aspect that we haven’t touched in a while, and those are the Augments. As new Augments and new gameplay systems make their way into the game, the older Augments need some attention, and so the team has been assessing what we have and how they can possibly change.

It should be noted that some Augments are tied to abilities that see very little use (such as Pool of Life), however, these will be looked at later on when those same abilities are considered for a rework. For now, this Workshop only covers Augments that we felt we could improve fairly without major overhauls of the base ability as well. They are 'Augments', after all! 

This Dev Workshop is to go over the various Augments we are looking at and our considered changes to each one. So, without further ado, let's take a look at what is under the microscope! Keep in mind, all changes here are impacted by other Mods, this is just the proposed changes to the Augment’s themselves! 

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

• Increase damage and status chance when triggered

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

• No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
  • Increase damage conversion %

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Please be aware that during this process, tweaks and changes will be made to these alterations provided. We are always open to your feedback, so if you have any thoughts on the proposed changes above, we would love to hear your comments in this forum thread! Please make sure to keep your feedback constructive and concise, so we can better compile your thoughts!

Remember that mesa's first ability augment is still bugged for hitscan weapons and thus not providing the bonus status chance on the bullet charged.

5 hours ago, Asdryu said:

speaking of spray and pray (if that's what you guys are going for(🤞I hope so🤞)) can't this also be part of the ability without the augment? or is that "giving two slices of cake"?

9 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

The post literally said they'll be looking at augments for abilities that don't need any major overhauls..

Yes, they, in this workshop, have looked at augments for abilities that don't need any major overhauls. That is what they have already done, this is the list of augments for abilities that don't need major overhauls.

Cloudwalker doesn't need a major overhaul, it is not on this list, therefore I shall comment upon it's absence.

lots of nice stuff to see.

I echo some thoughts on certain things being quality of life changes that shouldn't be part of augments but rather the ability themselves, like recasting or energy drain for moving etc.

But even that stuff aside it's still nice changes and i'm interested now in the 1 augments for the frames like saryn and oberon and such, augments i would have never considered because i wasn't sure they would be easy to use or even worthwhile, but as an aoe buff they sound nice.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes, they, in this workshop, have looked at augments for abilities that don't need any major overhauls. That is what they have already done, this is the list of augments for abilities that don't need major overhauls.

Cloudwalker doesn't need a major overhaul, it is not on this list, therefore I shall comment upon it's absence.

Hey, I was just saying that they're probably waiting to take a look at him along with other "rework" warframes. Then again it's possible that they purposefully didn't change any augments, since they literally just reworked him as you've said. It might've been omitted on purpose, not out of oversight or negligence. 

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

But it still was in the list of warframes to be "overhauled" for 2019, and they literally just took a look at him

You're not making any sense, what has that got to do with anything?

This thread is about poor augments for "good" abilities, yes? You get that, right?

Enveloping Cloud is a poor augment for a "good" ability as well. So if they were planning tweaks for it they would have included it in this list. Yes?

Since it isn't in this list I have to assume they aren't planning tweaks for it, and thus will express my feedback that it does need tweaks and absolutely should be included.

Archived