Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the things you discovered way too late in the game?

unagi_tsukino

Found out not too long ago that pressing Y (on PC) automatically uses a Cipher on whatever hack you're in (if it isn't a Sortie or whatever preventing its use), so you don't have to even bother mousing over the USE CIPHER button.

Edited by Angrytiger

2 hours ago, Derpetrator said:

You can shoot the Kuva clouds with the amp instead of void dashing into them at MR 27

I...did not know that. So MR23 for that one. 

MR20 or so when I learned that unused mod capacity translates to extra starting energy. Woulda been useful when all I had was crappy mods. 

2 hours ago, Derpetrator said:

For me:

You can shoot the Kuva clouds with the amp instead of void dashing into them at MR 27

I guess this is one that I learned late in the game then. I ONLY ever bothered to run kuva siphons and tinkering with rivens at MR 27. I really thought amps is the only way to deal with kuva clouds and void dashing is strictly for the ads.

8 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

I guess this is one that I learned late in the game then. I ONLY ever bothered to run kuva siphons and tinkering with rivens at MR 27. I really thought amps is the only way to deal with kuva clouds and void dashing is strictly for the ads.

To be fair, there is a bug that breaks the siphon sometimes when using amps. Dashing doesn’t have this problem. So it’s safer to dash since amps will randomly make the siphon unable to finish.

2 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I saw that too last quest we had for it. Was this added because I tried everything when they 1st came out only dash worked....

It was added quite a while ago but like I whoozled earlier initially it was really buggy so even after it was added people would actively not use it cause probably 1/3 of the time it would just hang the mission. 

Seems like they have all the strangeness worked out atm and it's part of the reason that my favorite Amp uses the alt fire tracking laser. 

23 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

To be fair, there is a bug that breaks the siphon sometimes when using amps. Dashing doesn’t have this problem. So it’s safer to dash since amps will randomly make the siphon unable to finish.

I'll remember this then, but I never encountered it so far.

I am using the Juttni/Rahn/Phad amp for kuva. It bounces off walls until it hits a target. Usually it hits something on the direction I aim it with. In this case where the siphon is pointing at. Always works and never misses even when I still can't see the kuva cloud yet

At MR27, i discovered that Radiation and Cold (vs Alloy) and Corrosive (vs Ferrite) not only have a damage boost against the right armor, but also IGNORE a flat percentage of armor, same % as their damage boost.

I certainly didn't know about MR linked to bullet jumping.

I recently found out about argon crystal decay.

But the biggest thing; is that I'd be doing the exact same content now as when I started. Had I known, I likely wouldn't have invested as much. I think 6 years is a long enough time to expect a different loop for higher level players. 

4 hours ago, Annnoth said:

Not that long ago but still noteworthy. You can equip all 4 dragon keys. I played with my friends since it was introduced, they were busy and took a break from the game recentoy and never got the corrupted mods cause it was a pain.

I avoided most challenges to do them or painstakingly did them with 1 key. 

It was because that change was made in an addendum to a fix involving the gear wheel which i didnt care about so I never read that note.

I have egg on my face.

Thats like 8 months old only. To be fair

3 hours ago, Angrytiger said:

Found out not too long ago that pressing Y (on PC) automatically uses a Cipher on whatever hack you're in (if it isn't a Sortie or whatever preventing its use), so you don't have to even bother mousing over the USE CIPHER button.

This just now, my mouse cursor is often slow to appear and hard to find so that's a nice QOL tip tyvm.

Also recently found I can rank up syndicates from my orbiter instead of relays.

6 hours ago, ScurvyDan said:

That Frost's bubble can be removed by hitting it with his #1, MR25.

And I didn't get a hang of bullet jumping until like MR18...

You’re the kind of person I hate because of frosts bubble in fact your playing frost makes me kinda hate you since you know can’t shoot through it (sorry bad experiences speaking)

At MR... 18-21 somewhere in there, I found out that Rolling reduces all forms of damage by 75% no matter the source. As a Career Volt player for the last... Geez it's been a long time, 5 years? I never ran health only Capacitance for infinite shields, a mutalist osprey fly by was a death sentence for me for so long then I found out that you can roll like a madman for the 8 seconds that Toxin proc remains, surviving basically every time.

Before this I would take a big Toxin proc and just watch my health rapidly tick away in 100 health chunks, three ticks later, dead. This discovery was amazing and changed my entire gameplay and how I react to incoming damage. This has since been circumvented by the vastly superior Kiddo escape as my Operator is much tankier than I am at 625 health and decent armor. Can't take Toxin proc damage on warframe, or any damage when you're in kiddo form. Wait out a toxin proc or massive enemy aggro.

Feel a bit spoiled with the kiddo escape maneuver, honestly...

Edited by Cloudyvisage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sabremouse said:

my mouse cursor is often slow to appear and hard to find so that's a nice QOL tip tyvm.

Haha yeah, this was precisely why it was so mindblowing to me, too. Especially given Corpus tilesets (what with their shades of grey/light pallette) with the light blue puzzle with while lines.... I'd spend the first second or two trying to figure out where the hell my cursor even was.