Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

1 minute ago, belanya said:

When did i say randmness is an issue?

You don't care about the random weapons because there is already a hundred that can crush anything so why don't we try finding out another aspect for sustainable content that you will care about?

5 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

The fact there no "live events" *LOOK AT DESTINY 2!!* is sad.

Do you get the life events in destiny 2 for free? Heard the event requires you to finish shadowkeep campaign, means pay up or no event for you

il y a 1 minute, 844448 a dit :

You don't care about the random weapons because there is already a hundred that can crush anything so why don't we try finding out another aspect for sustainable content that you will care about?

So the point is i dont care about new weapons/frames. Its not about rng. Its just i dont care, there are already plenty of very potent weapons and all frames are strong. So what those new weapons ll add? What ll be the point to get them? Eventually a very juicy +1 overkill on top of the +500 we already have?

DE is just fleeing forward. Till now it proved to be a successfull strategy...

So yeah, thas what i said in my first post.... Next time, maybe, consider reading what people are saying instead of tilting on one word and coming with some classic meaningless """debate"""

I have left aside WF since I got 30 in NW and trying out destiny 2, will tryout offline no grinding games when I feel the grind burn comes.

I started in March and At the moment just have left to kill lefantis to have eris and all the char, will take my time with that.

Again, why are we even talking about this with a mainline projected to arrive by the end of the month, and after we just finished nightwave? THERE IS NO DROUGHT. Y'all who keep making these forum posts about lack of content can't go 3 weeks without an update, apparently, since that's how long it's been since Nora's last transmission aired. Is there any other videogame that provides story updates once a month?? Unironically, I'd like you to show me such a game, because I'm kinda caught up on a bunch of my books and stuff and would love a solid drip feed of story content. We'll get an intermission, I'm sure, at latest, at the end of the month with the mainline. Hold your horses and stop expecting a major cinematic quest update once a month, and stop moving the goalposts.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I wonder why DE have recently accreted so many new resources and grinds lately?

Might it have something to do with Lootframes and automated gameplay making pre-existing resource grinds trivial or straight-up completed before they're even introduced due to the even larger amounts of hyperinflation?

Nothing is designed in isolation.

Perhaps DE should stop spoiling the players and start adding things that need more than 50k in resources? I don't mind if they add a weapon or equipment that costs you 500k alloy plates for example, even more so those new players, rushers, and exp leeches can't complete the grind right away?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Looks like Lifeof Rio's zealots are out in force again.

gotta get lotion.

PD for all white knights there, you're hurting the game, and yes DE could do better than what they actually do.

Edited by prodi1600

2 hours ago, (PS4)FastestKnight said:

Sure, let's see today's (Tuesday) numbers at the moment.

67fd045ff8faf37bd3ceb8c10d58f998.png

Meh, I guess people went back to the Warframe car. Let's see how it...

7f73bb5399dad164d9a93780daa28c38.png

oh

Anyways, I see lots of "Destiny" stuff around but I wonder why no one has mentioned Untitled Goose Game as one of the main reasons of the WF debacle. 

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The goose stole the comments.

ax709MY_460swp.webp

8 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

Should there be concerns? What would cause a dip in numbers like this, as they've seen a 38% drop from their last peak in players and the average number of players is the lowest since September 2017?

Source, Steam Charts:

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

What sustains the lifespan of Warframe moving forward in the life cycle of development?

Everything in warframe is very shallow. I think deadline to warframe is coming very fast...because all updates are just temporary.

And others games like grim dawn, diablo 3(new sets coming for all classes), killing floor 2(receiving good updates), Path of exile and many others offers much more than warframe in replay/grinding/fun.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, belanya said:

So the point is i dont care about new weapons/frames. Its not about rng. Its just i dont care, there are already plenty of very potent weapons and all frames are strong. So what those new weapons ll add? What ll be the point to get them? Eventually a very juicy +1 overkill on top of the +500 we already have?

DE is just fleeing forward. Till now it proved to be a successfull strategy...

So yeah, thas what i said in my first post.... Next time, maybe, consider reading what people are saying instead of tilting on one word and coming with some classic meaningless """debate"""

If you don't care about it, why don't you add what else that can be considered as sustainable content? Perhaps you can start reading the whole comment instead of nitpicking and ignoring the rest?

What is the aspect of sustainable content you will care about?

46 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Everything in warframe is very shallow. I think deadline to warframe is coming very fast...because all updates are just temporary.

And others games like grim dawn, diablo 3(new sets coming for all classes), killing floor 2(receiving good updates), Path of exile and many others offers much more than warframe in replay/grinding/fun.

LOL! The games you mention have been around a while. They are not going to steal WF players. This game is its own breed. It's about the action. It's the 3rd person zipping around that those games don't have. True there are a limited number of things to do and you can grow tired of repeating them. Show me a grinding game where that doesn't happen. But Warframe offers its own kind of gameplay that is not available commonly.

Tried playing Destiny 2 and it just felt so slow.

52 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Given this is pretty much how Warframe has always been, how are those games going to kill Warframe? Why is your timeline for the totally real death of Warframe more accurate than literally every other time Warframe has been proclaimed dead/dying/whatever?

edit:

i don’t know what to say. Night wave is just a boring grocery list that isn’t compelling in the least and S2 isn’t what  they promised. It’s painful. The rest of what DE put into this game recently is just micro transactions of skins a guitar and a droid to clean ur ship and a game mode with laughable rewards (Kuva Disruption). I’m waiting to see what the future brings but now I’m doing it as a pessimist. So many amazing things could go on in this game. That’s the worst part. 

Edited by hendrix923
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, cmacq said:

LOL! The games you mention have been around a while. They are not going to steal WF players. This game is its own breed. It's about the action. It's the 3rd person zipping around that those games don't have. True there are a limited number of things to do and you can grow tired of repeating them. Show me a grinding game where that doesn't happen. But Warframe offers its own kind of gameplay that is not available commonly.

Tried playing Destiny 2 and it just felt so slow.

Agreed, I think most the issues pushing players away from Warframe are systemic to the game itself and less about other games detracting from it. It is speculation on my part but I don't see how locked clan content in Empyrean is a sustaining model when there are trends from historical data on releases like Fortuna and PE supporting a pretty intensive fall off over time. There's a whole boatload of questions to what type of fall off is being recorded (was it new players interested but lost, did returning players ripe through the content and leave, etc)

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

It's just part of a normal cycle, the numbers will probably  go back up once we get a major update , its always been like this 

The only issue I take with this is the player base numbers on steam charts never see a noticeable increase in likely any metric upon a major update in Warframe. plains of eidolon, fortuna didn't and that was with DE actively advertising the game around that time.  

I can't see anything but the same happening when Railjack is literally locked inside of clans. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

There are other games that've released recently, and for WF Railjack and New War are on the horizon. So no this isn't a cause for concern, people are playing other games until there's new content.

Railjacks been on "the horizon" for the past year and half and we've been moving quickly as infested do when Frost cast's his ultimate. 

There's still a orb fight to go in Fortuna and last I heard DE has no clue what to do with it. 

11 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Players whine

Fixed. Whine is a players-base's ground state.

Want to see a game in decline, go look at Mechwarrior Online ~ it was going down even before PGI took it out back and shot any hopes for it with the great epic store backstab for MW5.

Edited by AzureTerra

18 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Fixed. Whine is a players-base's ground state.

Want to see a game in decline, go look at MWO ~ it was going down even before PGI took it out back and shot any hopes for it with the great epic store backstab for MW5.

I assume you're referring to the MechWarrior games.

Remember, not everyone knows the same acronyms you do.

6 hours ago, Mikaer88 said:

Perhaps DE will finally release Empyrean once these numbers hit rock bottom.

Yea DE will release the fist phase, where you need to grind resources to build some sh**t in dojo. Too little, too late.

10 minutes ago, Viges said:

Yea DE will release the fist phase, where you need to grind resources to build some sh**t in dojo. Too little, too late.

And God forbid, it flops. 2 years of development and players are done after a month. Oh God, please no.

DE made the biggest marketing push I have ever seen them do with Fortuna. They viewbotted their whole player base, and paid bunch of huge streamers like Shrould to play the game. 

Despite that the game didn't grow. On the contrary, it is on a downward spiral. This indicates that there are problems in making new players stick to the game, and problems retaining old players. People have been talking about these issues for years and at some point DE had to man up and tackle them. Instead of doing that they made things worse and worse.  You reap what you sow. 

I'm hoping Railjack shakes things up, but I have a bad feeling that no lessons were learned. 

• Like 1