Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Chains of Harrow Quest is too scary

(PSN)CrazyBeaTzu

35 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I'm just gonna mute my tv and play some comforting music while I play. Can't wait for this crap to be over. 

Try deadspace or amnesia 😉 tell me how scary it is then.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 4

Better not watch The Dark Knight trilogy then, or any of the Harry Potter movies. Those really scare me. That fear gas stuff really works, 10 out of 10, would recommend.

In all seriousness though, DE could have chosen a better sound than the "rap tap tap," it sounds a little forced.

1 minute ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

Better not watch The Dark Knight trilogy then, or any of the Harry Potter movies. Those really scare me. That fear gas stuff really works, 10 out of 10, would recommend.

In all seriousness though, DE could have chosen a better sound than the "rap tap tap," it sounds a little forced.

This rap tap tap was so cringy it was making me chuckle, actually

• Like 1

... I found the quest amusing...

... No, I'm twisted that way. "Scary" apparently boosts my adrenaline levels... the OP should probably play the first FEAR game and both its expansions in a pitch black room with a proper 7.1 speaker system... I found those enticing to repeat the unique sections, especially the facility's self-destruction at the end... oh, or Condemned: Criminal Origins... That's fun too, under the same environmental conditions...

Edited by Uhkretor

2 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

I absolutely despise horror games, but Chains of Harrow didn't really affect me even slightly.

And I think it's because I'm already super used to how Warframe works, it reuses levels which I'm familiar with, but also most notably it doesn't have any cheap jumpscares.

Well, for me it was the cringy and anti climatic rap tap tap

Edited by Envy123
  • Like 1

pfft weak, horror games are quite fun, the adrenaline, the jump scares, when you complete one you feel like you have become stronger mentally, horror games can help you to become even more resilient to stressful situations.

chains of harrow its pretty tame in horror, and the story behind becomes quite touching and really sad at the end ;A;

Harrows quest nails the ambiance initially but well outstays it's welcome by nth installment of chase the (insert emotion) if anything by the end of the quest it was mind numbingly boring. Hardly what I would call scary, tho the initial spoopy atmosphere was nice.

• Like 2