Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is lowkey a single player game

Primarch-Dumat

title. since the game has so many constant host migrations its pretty much a mission to play with a squad. i've had at least 6 migrations today most of them cost me either credit in index or experience in hydron or few eidolons. seriously.. what a waste of time and effort trying to play in a squad. especially as a new player when you're trying to learn the stuff and suddenly you get migrated and can't rejoin. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ExtraSeven said:

since the game has so many constant host migrations its pretty much a mission to play with a squad

If they keep failing you might be the problem. Either your internet or hardware may not be up to scratch. I don’t have a problem with them as mine are always successful.

• I also have had one host migration this month. So you must be playing with people that like to migrate, or have problematic specs.

I do agree that Warframe is pretty much a single player game though. There is virtually no content that requires multiple people.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ExtraSeven said:

especially as a new player when you're trying to learn the stuff

you learn nothing useful, or ephemeral knowledge that evaporates almost immediately, by running in squads.

Knowledge is permanently fixed in your head by going solo... You also never lose stuff that way.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

I was gonna agree with you but not for the reason of host migration... Mostly because Warframe really doesn't have any benefits to playing as a squad out of some arbitrary scaling like more enemies with more players. I mean, it's good, you aren't forced to play with people to complete content, but I do think it could be balanced out better.

honestly? i only play with other people for bosses / arbitrations / eidolons / kuva other than that all content can be done on solo mode XD

especially since DE thinks is good idea to force me to be host when i know i cant host cuz i don't have any decent upload speed

Edited by Toppien

I've had 3 total host migrations today and not one of them failed. I've even had host migrations where simply no one left the game, someone else just became host. That sounds more like your internet being completely unable to maintain a stable connection to the server in order to host or reconnect.

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

honestly? i only play with other people for bosses / arbitrations / eidolons / kuva other than that all content can be done on solo mode XD

^^ I'm the same with that and agree at the same time. Although i tend to Capture Eidolons both Solo and in a Squad.

Edited by GPrime96

2 hours ago, ExtraSeven said:

title. since the game has so many constant host migrations its pretty much a mission to play with a squad. i've had at least 6 migrations today most of them cost me either credit in index or experience in hydron or few eidolons. seriously.. what a waste of time and effort trying to play in a squad. especially as a new player when you're trying to learn the stuff and suddenly you get migrated and can't rejoin. 

Could be your connection or thiers, could be your play style or a teammate's play style, could be your frame or someone else's. All mixed with bad luck. 

Yup, players will quit just before you rewards come with the intention of denying others. Because someone using a frame or playing in a way that host doesn't like. 

Happens to me as well if I use frame like Limbo/Loki. Even tho I solo objective and get more kills.

That's not normal. I've had maybe 5 bad host migrations during my 14 months in this game, at least that I've noticed, and I mostly play pugs.

I think bad host migrations happen mostly when the host suddenly crash, force shutdown, or lose connection, so the there's no chance to transfer some of the progress to the new host. Always keep an eye on your ping if you're in for a long run. If the host is unstable, just extract or exit and re-roll squad. 

But yea, I mostly do pugs with a singleplayer mentality. I don't mind teamplay when it happens, but people are mostly running around like chickens and not communicating, so I'm always prepared to just handle myself or carry the team if needed. Main reason to run pugs imo is for the scaling with more enemies, more loot, and more xp. If DE ever release that difficulty slider I'll probably mostly just go solo 😄 

For a new player I do suggest you play solo as much as possible through the starchart, unless you really need help or do farming. Take your time to learn and loot, which is very rewarding in the long run. People in pugs will just rush through the levels, and you will have no idea of what's going on and wont have time to collect resources. I've sen MR22 players who have no idea of how to lower the water in Earth Spy mission for example. You don't want to end up like that guy.

• Like 3

Warframe is at its best when played in a group. Ideally, this will be a dedicated group of friends. 

PuGs are a bit of a crapshoot. I still prefer to have others around rather than be constantly solo. It's still a better experience even with That Guy getting on your last nerve (he's gone quickly enough and there's always another mission). 

There are plenty of situations where I'd rather go solo, but mostly those are where you can't afford to have That Guy screw up a mission. You know when this is the case and you proceed accordingly. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Toppien said:

especially since DE thinks is good idea to force me to be host when i know i cant host cuz i don't have any decent upload speed

Yea. Outside of trilodon runs or long arby runs I do everything solo. My connection is quite terrible, and for some reason I always get chosen to be host when the host changes so I give up and play solo. 

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Warframe is at its best when played in a group. Ideally, this will be a dedicated group of friends. 

PuGs are a bit of a crapshoot. I still prefer to have others around rather than be constantly solo. It's still a better experience even with That Guy getting on your last nerve (he's gone quickly enough and there's always another mission). 

There are plenty of situations where I'd rather go solo, but mostly those are where you can't afford to have That Guy screw up a mission. You know when this is the case and you proceed accordingly. 

Agree to disagree, with the advent of balance abandonment alongside excessive power creep this game has become its worst when played with others. Teamplay may have been a pro in the past, but this game doesn't have room for teams in its current power structure of one man map clearing armies, where single players have the capacity (an easily accessible capacity at that) to burn out entire rooms in seconds leaving squat for all following behind them to involve themselves with. It's a be the carry or be carried balance scheme, and that's hardly I'd say a strong co-operative play state. Grouping is only ideal in Warframe right now if your aim is to afk/be less involved in play, otherwise you get just as much play if not more solo, and I want to assume that isn't the baseline of best you are aiming for. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Agree to disagree, with the advent of balance abandonment alongside excessive power creep this game has become its worst when played with others. 

We're not going to agree; you're just wrong. 

The game still is at its best with teamwork. That matters less as you become more powerful, but it doesn't change. Of course, you'll reach a point where most of the game is trivial. Congrats. You've won. 

Now what you do after this point is up to you. I still play because I still prefer to work with others (or at least attempt to). I can do it myself and often do, but a good team is still a pleasure to play with, even if we're just facerolling everything. 

The game has always been loosey-goosey on balance and difficulty. You either accept that and have some fun, or find something else to do if you can't deal with it. 

• Like 1