The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Exilus slots for weapons. what do you think?

Sevenus.

4 hours ago, Walkampf said:

In the end, there will be one best-in-slot mod for each weapon.

So despite having an additional mod slot, there will still be only one META-build.

It's a band aid fix to make less appealing mods find space in abuild.

The correct way for DE whould be to nerf madatory mods.

But DE rarely does any nerfing, since a very vocal part of the Warframe community is pretty serious about their E-pen!s.

There will always be an optimal build. There's nothing to fix! Nothing is broken here. Yes, nerf mandatory mods... still one optimal build.

Look, people wanting diversity with a mod system was never realistic. You know how diversity is accomplished? Literally every single mod has to contribute equally to any possible build. In other words, in such a fantasy system, each mod does basically nothing or are synonyms of the other mods.

Adding an exilus slot is power creep. It's that simple. This is not even a bandaid or a fix to a problem (that doesn't exist!).

Edited by nslay
slots --> mods
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

How would you classify reloading while holstered then?

As long as the set effect and the mod effect do not increase DPS directly or indirectly, it should be fine for Exilus.

I didn't name specific mods but according to me that too is an indirect DPS rise (especially with the current state of melee auto transition) as it technically affects magazine or reload speed depending on the weapons mechanics.

Again adds to my main argument , hard to classify many of the mods and there are maybe 2 set mods that don't affect DPS directly.

Unless it is DE attempting to make their Aero , Motus , Proton sets relevant and making them possible to be put on the the exilus slot.

In which case i will be running motus setup on every single shotgun i have.

I do not like weapon Exilus slot.

1. Obvious cash grap.
  2. There is the issue with capacity and whether you can afford one more mod.
  3. If you can afford one more mod, reload speed or ammo mutation seem like the obvious choices from the currently known pool.
  4. This is blatant power creep. We already have a "utility slot" for Frames and it did not reach initially stated goal - space for underused mods. Now history is repeating itself, as if nobody at DE learned anything.

There is no "space problem", but a "mod problem". Fix mods and you will create an environment of choice and build diversity, which in return will enhance gaming experience. Damage mods offer way too much power and should be brought down, while utility should become important, if necessary with clear drawbacks on the weapon's side or incorporate "corrupted mod" design, with a boon and a curse, further into the game.

• Like 4

It all depends what mods they settle on as exilus mods.

Reload speed and mag size I can see even if they bring slightly higher dps. Fire Rate would be a big no-no because on some weapons it is as big or a bigger dps increase than multishot. Same goes for range and projectile speed mods, both have very different effect on seperate weapons. On some they are a straight dps increase, on others they do practically nothing. Punch Through should also stay away from the exilus spot since it is a dps increase if you build for crowd fights, so you trade single target for better aoe.

So in the end mods that fit would be.

Reload Speed, Mag Size, Ammo Cap, Ammo Mutie, +Zoom, Suppression, Holster, Recoil, Accuracy, Cautious Shot, Trigger delays, certain conclave mods and some augments in general.

• Like 1

I'm kinda torn, on the one hand I'm like YAY! 

on the other hand the realization that the people whining that the game is too easy, that absoloutly refuse to consider using anything except DPS mods on their weapons..... have one less reason to ever consider using anything that isn't a strait up DPS mod on their gear..... and the cycle of bellyaching continues. 

• Like 1

I think it might be nice for some of my builds that are strapped for mod space due to “mandatory” mods. I tend to look for Riven rolls that include QoL aspects for this reason but depending on what mods are allowed in the Exilus slot, I may be free to look for rolls that focus more on damage capabilities instead.

No one has the space for mods on their primaries nowadays anyways. All this theory crafting about BiS exilus mods. You gonna give up your riven or primed cryo rounds to fit an exilus mod in? Not likely. You gonna pay 20p for an adapter to give you the extra slot? Probably.

I can dig up old posts of mine from years ago which suggested that very same idea.

One of the best game design decisions DE has made in a while. Nothing negative about it, we had it a long time coming. I'm very excited for that.

edit : 

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Da1m1en 06660 said:

an augment slot for our warframes that doesn’t require a new type of forma or some such other nonsense thing

I'm pretty sure  that will be implemented in the future as well.

Edited by White_Matter

2 hours ago, nslay said:

There will always be an optimal build. There's nothing to fix! Nothing is broken here. Yes, nerf mandatory mods... still one optimal build.

Look, people wanting diversity with a mod system was never realistic. You know how diversity is accomplished? Literally every single mod has to contribute equally to any possible build. In other words, in such a fantasy system, each mod does basically nothing or are synonyms of the other mods.

Adding an exilus slot is power creep. It's that simple. This is not even a bandaid or a fix to a problem (that doesn't exist!).

Honestly I think you're both right.

DE has simply misunderstood the problem or deciding to go in a new direction because of something they only know. Power creep is going to grow even more as some additions that would have limited the build are now removed. You want a silent weapon but don't want to lose your /damage/reload/status/critical chance? Say no more, we got you. I like to take a pragmatic approach to things and this is basically one more slot for utility clearing one for the build that will be used to increase the efficiency of the weapon even more.

The frightening thing is [DE]Rebecca going on an interview to admit that, yes, there is a problem with difficulty in warframe as we are able to oneshot anything at a certain level (her words). What's the solution to this? Let's increase our overall damage even more, YAY!

Another problem with this is the obvious meta that comes with weapons classes. Now that we're able to silence everything what roles do stealthy weapons have? Why bring a bow when you can have a battacor/rubico/tigris that can hit like a train and now be silent as a side? Now they don't even need to sacrifice anything and be mechanically better while the bows (and other stealthy weapons) will never be able to approach the damage of the meta using an exilus slot. I'm strongly disappointed by this decision.

edit

here's the link with Rebecca's words (14:55)

Edited by Olphalarepth

3 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

not inherent with the thread topic but: tf is that build  

It's garbage, anyone who knows how to use the boar prime effectively knows you want 235% status chance on it to make it a status machine and that fire rate on it just exacerbates the reload problem with the weapon since it has a 2.4s reload.  

Hyped for exilus mods on weapons so we can actually use some mods that never get used.  People don't seem to get that with 8 mod slots, there is always an optimal mod config for a given mission so a lot of utility mods just sit in your inventory like hush or ammo mutations.  Ammo mutations don't inherently increase DPS, but they are certainly nice to have on some weapons to make them useable at all.  

Just now, (XB1)COA Altair said:

It's garbage, anyone who knows how to use the boar prime effectively knows you want 235% status chance on it to make it a status machine and that fire rate on it just exacerbates the reload problem with the weapon since it has a 2.4s reload.  

Hyped for exilus mods on weapons so we can actually use some mods that never get used.  People don't seem to get that with 8 mod slots, there is always an optimal mod config for a given mission so a lot of utility mods just sit in your inventory like hush or ammo mutations.  Ammo mutations don't inherently increase DPS, but they are certainly nice to have on some weapons to make them useable at all.  

maybe twin kohmak with arcane pistoleer and ammo mutation will stop  from running out of ammo 

maybe 

(hell no im not running carrier ever again now that pets have fetch)

DE tries to add mod diversity with Warframe abilities. Chroma, Gauss, Harrow, Volt change the builds for some or all weapons. So Boar Prime with Gauss is different than Boar Prime and some other frame.

EDIT: You can add a laugh face all you want. You don't use Serration with Chroma. You don't use reload or fire rate mods with Gauss. If you do use such mods with these frames, you do not actually understand these frames.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

Exilus slot should have an innate universal polarity included otherwise it will be another ignored stuff. That 'lock and load' new mod costs 13 points to fit, it will break all builds done in years. Unless this slot has no drain, im not excited with this.

i will probably use it to add silent mods on the weapons for ivara, if they create a utility mod that change weapons from semi to auto i will use them with weapons for wisp, gauss or harrow will probably enjoy that on the akbolto or twin rogga but the twin rogga need more ammo too.

i don't think they will add something broken in the exilus if we consider the actual mods for exilus in the waframes for example "Synth Reflex" and "Streamline Form" are exilus mods that increase the holster speed, but "Vigorous Swap" is not a exilus mod because not only add a utility like holster speed also add damage.

Edited by enemystand