Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich loot stealing will be bad no matter what.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

12 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

If they steal rare mods (primed mods, rivens, condition overloads). and/or rare resources, I won't engage it. Sorry, but no amount of rewards can entice me to take a risk of losing a max rank primed mod or a rare high roll riven that costs 1000+ plat.

they are not going to steal items that you allready own. just from the loot table.

51 minutes ago, enemystand said:

Imagine the Kuva lich stealing your endo from arbitrations, we will need to recycle all that stalker's hate mail and resend them to the lich "your actions have consequences"

To be honest, your operator trash talking your Lich sounds amazing. Hopefully DE does that. 

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

Go get psychosocial counseling. Hating actual people over a videogame is not healthy. 

hating the game company for doing something that the player is not comfortable with is nothing special to threat over. 

there are far better reasons for going to get a psychologists help that don't involve hating a game company that did something to bother with their gameplay.

6 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

hating the game company for doing something that the player is not comfortable with is nothing special to threat over. 

there are far better reasons for going to get a psychologists help that don't involve hating a game company that did something to bother with their gameplay.

I'd still think it would br helpful. If your overall state of mind, train of thought, priorities and approach to life allow you to hate people over a videogame, you may want to get a professional opinion on self-destructive and disproportionate anger. Who knows just many aspects of your life are being affected. 

29 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd still think it would br helpful. If your overall state of mind, train of thought, priorities and approach to life allow you to hate people over a videogame, you may want to get a professional opinion on self-destructive and disproportionate anger. Who knows just many aspects of your life are being affected. 

i don't see way it is a problem because as soon as you get ride of one thing to hate then another thing takes up the hate. you can't fully get rid of anger and what not, only soften the effects. now if the person was to the point where their full blown furious at them i would suggest i would be afraid of what that person is thinking. but a mild hate is nothing to worry about. just talking to friends and family will more then often settle that mild hate. besides people use the word hate casually nowadays. how can anyone truly determine if someone needs therapy just by one word alone.

Edited by maddragonmaster

This makes me think, there's a VERY simple way to beat any kuva lich.

Not to play.

DE says they intend us to hate our kuva lich?
I'm just not interested in feeling hate, that's a very unrewarding emotion I not seek or want any contact with in entertainment.
Seriously, I'm a very stressed out person, and so far this sounds like a very stressful system meant to make me feel hate?
Stress is not fun.
Hate is VERY NOT fun.
Do NOT try to make me feel hate.
I will chose not to play instead.

Edited by enizer

2 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

But we can voice our concerns in hopes DE will hear us and fix any possible issues, or hear us and take our concerns into consideration as feedback.

by all means freely voice your concerns im just in the camp of i need to play with it first or have more then a single screenshot and a vague description of a game mechanics to make a like it or hate it opinion and i feel people are jumping the gun rather harshly. Mostly around the fact of reb saying you get most of it back what's a kuva lich going to do with a mod? It's most likely the only thing we would not get everything back on would be crafting resources and if it was a 80-90% return on those for finally dealing with the lich i don't think we would have a problem with it. Now i'm mostly recalling the amount the lich stole from memory but it looks like maybe 10-20% of the credits and resources if someone wants to correct that feel free that's going to hurt but as i said before not break the bank on your own hoard (that might be pretty sizeable since war within must be done to even access the lich) and you will probably get all the mods back as i cant think of a use a lich would have with them other to annoy you Crafting materials have a use to strengthen themselves and their followers.

TL:DR Feels like a over reaction to the sheer concept of losing a portion of your crafting materials and mods and most likely going to get most crafting materials back as a lich can use them and all mods back since i can logically think of a thing a lich can do with Pressure point or condition overload

7 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

armchair psychiatrist 🙄

I'm actually looking forward to having at least 1 thing in the game that can make me feel a bit scared. Removal of an aversive feeling (tension/anxiety) can have a higher reinforcing value than obtaining something. On top of that, while the feeling of earning something is largely influenced by RNG and drop tables, the removal of the aversive feeling is completely in my hands as I go seek sweet vengeance to get my stuff back.

Overall, I'm very excited about the developers introducing additional ways to get players emotionally involved. The idea that I can have this new and unique enemy to bully until I have to pay the price of my own arrogance, lose valued items, start a system wide search, defeat it once more, then realize I have a bond with it and convert it to my cause, sounds like an experience much richer than farming a new boss/game mode until I luck out on drop tables.

6 hours ago, seprent said:

by all means freely voice your concerns im just in the camp of i need to play with it first or have more then a single screenshot and a vague description of a game mechanics to make a like it or hate it opinion and i feel people are jumping the gun rather harshly. Mostly around the fact of reb saying you get most of it back what's a kuva lich going to do with a mod? It's most likely the only thing we would not get everything back on would be crafting resources and if it was a 80-90% return on those for finally dealing with the lich i don't think we would have a problem with it. Now i'm mostly recalling the amount the lich stole from memory but it looks like maybe 10-20% of the credits and resources if someone wants to correct that feel free that's going to hurt but as i said before not break the bank on your own hoard (that might be pretty sizeable since war within must be done to even access the lich) and you will probably get all the mods back as i cant think of a use a lich would have with them other to annoy you Crafting materials have a use to strengthen themselves and their followers.

TL:DR Feels like a over reaction to the sheer concept of losing a portion of your crafting materials and mods and most likely going to get most crafting materials back as a lich can use them and all mods back since i can logically think of a thing a lich can do with Pressure point or condition overload

I understand, and I'm usually in your shoes in situations like these. I think the difference between us isn't wanting to voice concerns early or wanting to experience it first, but rather the way we think and experience things in general. I have a pretty good idea on how things will be, and it seems like you like to make judgements after experiencing things yourself. That's an Intuitive vs Sensing difference in Jugian Psychology. I also just want to make it clear that my predictions are almost always correct, so come back here when people are annoyed by the loot-stealing system. Having your hard-earned rewards stolen is never a good thing. And bring forced to play certain content to prevent that is extra gas to the flame.

Also, to clarify things, when the lich has influence in a node, the entire planet is affected by the loot-stealing factor. At least that's what we've been told.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

If a kuva lich is occupying a node you want to play, it doesn't matter. You can still run the normal mission. It's just like selecting syndicate node or normal node. Or invasion node/normal node. So you won't be interrupted if you're after something specific. It was shown on Prime Time or the Devstream (can't remember which).

On 2019-10-26 at 8:05 AM, DoomFruit said:

Can he also have that Smoking Body ephemera which you've been waiting for months to get? If not that, then how about that one single time when Adaptation dropped from an arbitration. You don't need that, right? Or what about that gold-rarity titania prime chassis.

I have both unfortunately. 

Also I doubt he will be able to take Loot from Relics rewards \ mission rewards. More than likely it will be limited to specific things. 

Tangentially relevant thought:

what if converted kuva liches didn’t just turn up to fight for you but instead could  “block” item thefts?

A kind of backup role that would give them some needed utility. 

Its not like were in need of help with the fighting side of things after all.

also: i would love to see any converted liches part of a dojo npc pool.

hell, we could do with some generic ones to make the places look alive.

(of course, would need a toggle on rooms to set for npc spawning or not so there’s no impedance to decoration rooms... I’m getting off track.)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Wolfchild07:

If a kuva lich is occupying a node you want to play, it doesn't matter. You can still run the normal mission. It's just like selecting syndicate node or normal node. Or invasion node/normal node. So you won't be interrupted if you're after something specific. It was shown on Prime Time or the Devstream (can't remember which).

This is right. Many people here complain over something without knowing how this system works.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb enemystand:

Imagine the Kuva lich stealing your endo from arbitrations, we will need to recycle all that stalker's hate mail and resend them to the lich "your actions have consequences"

This can't happen because the kuva lich missions are separate missions like fissure missions or nightmare missions so if the arbitration is on a node that is occupied by the lich you have the option to either play arbitration or the lich mission. Also if the lich missions are classified like other assassinations then the stalker can't spawn.

9 hours ago, Wolfchild07 said:

This.

People are upset at the thought of losing reward in a mission that is specifically designed like that.

Simple : don't run the mission.

They don't intend to force you into playing it after all.

Again, this thread is nothing but people losing their mind at unreleased content without knowing ANY of the important details.

Calm down. Wait for it to comes. If it's broken, complains afterward. I actually doubt the Lich will even steal gold mods anyway.

14 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Also, to clarify things, when the lich has influence in a node, the entire planet is affected by the loot-stealing factor. At least that's what we've been told.

we've been shown the map of a lich's influence before he takes over nodes over time so say he is on a node on earth as long as the node is not in the as steve called it "blood pool" your out of his influence and thus the tax is not put on you but it will spread over to cover more nodes and if left unchecked you could on paper have a single lich take the whole system 

53 minutes ago, seprent said:

we've been shown the map of a lich's influence before he takes over nodes over time so say he is on a node on earth as long as the node is not in the as steve called it "blood pool" your out of his influence and thus the tax is not put on you but it will spread over to cover more nodes and if left unchecked you could on paper have a single lich take the whole system 

Thank you for that clarification. As the Lich's influence is detrimental to what I thought prior, it doesn't change the issue at hand. We'll see exactly how it plays out once the update is released.