Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring stamina back!

Soupf8

uhhh, no thanks.

28 minutes ago, SpaceRomeo said:

I completely agree! I feel like a more complex parkour system is what this game needs

so like, what it already has? having one of the most complex Player Movement systems that exists in the entire Industry?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I wouldn't mind Stamina being a mission modifier. Like on sorties or nightmare node. You cant appreciate what you have tell its taken away... again.

Handicapping players isn't fun. The only mode that deserves stamina is Conclave imo. I'm glad it was removed 4 years ago to be honest. It was clunky and ruined the flow of the game.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

I wouldn't mind Stamina being a mission modifier. Like on sorties or nightmare node. You cant appreciate what you have tell its taken away... again.

This is the most I can accept.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

so like, what it already has? having one of the most complex Player Movement systems that exists in the entire Industry?

One of the most complex? No. To a large degree, it's 'point and jump' with a line of bouncing off walls. 

One of the best in its field? Undoubtedly yes. It's simple, but it's elegantly simple. It's not so much a 'parkour' system as it is a platformer's movement system with some restrictions removed. And, somewhat unsurprisingly, games all about movement have some pretty damn good movement.

Actually, I sort of miss the days of Stamina. People only thinking in singular ways, but the old stamina system actually made it where more people could to Conclave, given that you couldn't just haphazardly move around. You had to plan your movements. I don't think the old system would work, but if you layer it on top of a new modding system where you could have the ability to mod for utility it could be nice. But we're in the minority, so its never going to happen, cause you know, blah blah blah power fantasy blah blah blah.

1 minute ago, PR1D3 said:

Actually, I sort of miss the days of Stamina. People only thinking in singular ways, but the old stamina system actually made it where more people could to Conclave, given that you couldn't just haphazardly move around. You had to plan your movements. I don't think the old system would work, but if you layer it on top of a new modding system where you could have the ability to mod for utility it could be nice. But we're in the minority, so its never going to happen, cause you know, blah blah blah power fantasy blah blah blah.

I like the this part: "you couldn't just haphazardly move around. You had to plan your movements." Now honestly, I posted this for fun, but now I'm kinda thinkin' about how players tend to only build for ONE thing. Abilities. IMO we need some player progression. Maybe add a system where you can upgrade your warframes or weapons so that their mod capacity is increased, you have 12 mod slots, but there are three section that only accept certain mods. for example, one section would be for ability related mods, the next section could be for like defensive stuff like armor shields and recharge rates or health regen or shield regen. and the last section could be a utility section. 

the way I see it, it adds player progression, it keeps power creep away, it allows players to explore and have more experiences devising builds and seeing what complex things they can come up with. currently all i ever hear about from youtubers and members of the community is "look at this op spore build" or "man i got this exhaulted blade down man look at meeeee" so like if you could make space for players to build on more than just abilities, i think the game can feel a little bigger, and it'll give veterans shish to do. its a super win and i am just in awe that DE is adding exilus mods to weapons. they are taking the right steps, but i think they need to implement more steps. and i don't know how well i've expressed my idea, but i think the game definitely needs it. and i'm not referring to stamina. that was a joke. but i do want a revision or quick rest. that WAS my favorite mod. YUH!

44 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

One of the most complex? No. To a large degree, it's 'point and jump' with a line of bouncing off walls. 

Parkour has a lot of complexity to it. Players can still walk to the end of a Mission if they want, or just use one of their tools, but that's their problem and they get to the end of that Mission slower because of it.
if they don't want to develop their Skills to perform better that's their problem. but it doesn't mean that the deep tools aren't offered there.

Parkour lets Players 'flow like water' through Terrain with practice - no matter what shape of the Terrain, you can still move through at full speed.

if you're actually looking for depth and want to need to utilize it (not just can optionally to perform better), start playing Conclave. that's the segment of the game where Parkour Skill is needed to excel.

reminds me of a time that a fried invited me and some other friends to try out his Parkour Room that he had just about finished. after they decided they were done trying it a few times, i started practicing the shapes of the Terrain. they thought i was terrible and being almost unable to get through the course. then after 5-10 minutes of gauging those angles and distances, i completed the course 50% faster than they did, in one attempt.
i didn't even try practicing the entire thing after that, my work there was done, i had proved my point(since they were questioning the things i was saying in the conversation about Parkour that we inevitably had because we were focused on performing it at the time).
and i'm far from the highest Skilled Player at using Parkour. i'm fairly good, but i'm certainly not the best. 

Edited by taiiat