Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Grendel & Masseter Feedback

[DE]Danielle

I my honest opinion the Grendel missions are the worst thing DE has ever done in this game. People might thing this is good because its "challenge" but this isnt how you make challenge, this mod complitly neglects all the players work and progress done over hundreds of hours that the player had to do to even get this mission and forces you to an unfair situation that creates only frustration, becouse unlike what many may say, it doesnt make you think how you face the situation and opens up your arsenal, instead it limits your options forcing you to play with a necessary build in other to do it. This makes the player feel cheated and that all the effort done to get the frames and weapons formed, to get the best mods , and to even level the focus tree was all for nothing.
You might be thinking that im just mad because i cant do it and i need to get good, but i waited until i finished the 3 missions solo to make this feedback, i used Hildryn with Ignis and zakti with the broken scepter for some sustain (its is also doable with Nidus or Garuda but Hildryn if by far the best option).
I hope this was a one time thing and that DE learns that this isnt how to make hard content, this is just the easy way out for the problem with power creep that has been a problem for years but only now people are ranting about it. If DE truly wants to make the game harder just nerf some mods and get rid of mandatory and bandage mods to make the builds feel more open. Also bring warframe quest back.
Dont get me wrong, i love DE and only want to see warframe get better and i dont see this being a good thing in the long term for the game.

P.S. Im dyslexic and english isnt my main language, so sorry for the mistakes.

Grendel: The great and terrible eater of worlds. He's the unholy combination of terrifying, ridiculous, and...strangely effective. Though, he's not the best frame out there as he has some minor problems with scaling. He scales well, just not at the level of godly. I'm perfectly fine with Grendel as is, but consider this post not as a complaint, but more of a 'wishlist' of improvements to his kit. I'll be giving my reasons for them as well to prevent confusion.

1. Feast is very energy consuming. At base, it takes 1.5 energy per second to keep an enemy in your belly, and adds another 1.5 per additional enemy you suck up. Thus, it can be difficult for Grendel to keep his lunch, so to speak. If you lose all your energy, Grendel will barf out every enemy that was in his gut. Unless you're using rage or hunter adrenaline (As you probably should), it will be very difficult to keep a steady energy supply. Not to mention that keeping enemies in your gut is key to keeping certain targets out of the fight, like Eximus, nullifiers, or noxes in particular.
Solution 1: Remove energy drain, but limit enemy cap  to 20.
Solution 2: Reduce energy drain from 1.5 to 1 per enemy.
WHY: 
If you remove the energy drain, but limit enemy caps, it prevents Grendel from overfeeding. It will in turn give his expulsion part of Feast more use, as it can expel enemies that have their armor stripped, and make use of its innate toxin effect. (I also think it should do a giant gas proc in front of him for burps but that isn't important. Toilet humor ha ha ha.) You can always kill enemies with Pulverize to prevent your enemy cap from hitting max by simply killing them with jumps. In addition, having no energy drain would allow Grendel to more consistently use his gluttony passive for increased armor. As for Solution 2, It would simply be a quality of life change to make keeping enemies easier, but still keeping the enjoyment of sucking up the entire map.

2-A. Visibility and functionality of Nourish. Nourish is a great ability for buffing your team and healing yourself. The first problem with it lies with how visible your available buffs are. If you want to use a buff, you must cycle through them to highlight the one you want to use. If you don't have the correct enemy for the buff, it won't show that buff. Here's the problem: Sometimes you forget what you ate for breakfast. You end up wasting a few seconds and casts trying to cycle the buff you want.
Solution: Have a cycle wheel similar to Ivara, Vauban, or Khora along with buff icons with highlights to indicate what is available at first glance.
WHY: 
I don't think any explanation is needed other than "It would look a lot better and be easier to see what I have ready".

2-B. Nourish's healing value??? Nourish is capable of healing you, but the value of which it heals you seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it'll only heal for 50 health, other times 200 per cast. No one seems to have any idea how to calculate this. I don't know, the community doesn't know, the wiki doesn't know, hell, I don't think DE knows either.
Solution: Let's normalize the healing value. For the first enemy in line for Nourish, Grendel takes 10% of that enemies health and heals himself for that value, not applying armor damage reduction, as it just takes their health.
WHY: In theory, this should have a different effect depending on how high enemy level is. On low levels, it should only heal him a bit, since he probably doesn't need it considering how tanky he is by default and when paired with his armor passive. On high levels, it should nearly fully heal Grendel because of how high enemy health can get. He'll need it too, since enemies that high can put out a lot of damage at once.

3. Regurgitate feels underused. The only reasons I would consider using this is either for chucking enemies out of the open map and into the skybox, killing low level trash, or memes. It doesn't feel like the deadly projectile vomit it was designed to be.
Solution: Have the damage of Regurgitate scale with the CURRENT health of the enemy you spit out, and deal a guaranteed toxin proc to whatever it hits.
WHY: If you deal scaling damage to enemies with the baddies stored in your gut, Grendel will have a more direct method of killing, as well as a way to deal with unwanted enemies in his belly. Your recently acquired prey goes from "useless meat sacks" to "live ammunition". Any enemy that doesn't instantly die to the body vomited at their face will slowly be poisoned to death from the toxin proc they're hit with. I chose toxin because it is consistent with the damage types in the rest of his kit, and uses similar damage calculations to slash procs. Scaling damage is key to longterm relevance, so adding that alongside a way to bypass armor in a fair way is a great improvement.

This was posted here as suggested on original topic thread

• Like 1

I'm curious why they didnt make a appetite meter for grendel - not that every frame needs a mechanic meter but looking all the reviews of his power set it seems he could have benefited from it. As I'm console I'm gonna have to wait to try it myself but not looking forward to that energy drain when I eat an enemy simply to use my powers.

Feast - just remove the energy drain multiplier. Not sure why its here, not sure why its invisible in game. A flat energy drain per enemy will suffice

Nourish - a simple change. If, out of all enemies in his belly, he holds at least 1 of each buff type, he will get each buff with one cast of Nourish. Cycling through enemies with Regurgitate just for the buffs is obnoxious since, chances are, it's mostly going to be the energy buff from the many basic corpus and grineer units, or the armor buff from the many infested units.

Regurgitate - This may just be a personal idea, but...I wish I could hold the ability key to launch everything in his belly out at once in one, giant blob of damage that scales with the number of enemies spat out. It'd be fine if it even costed some energy. This may help with the lack of damage and difficulty of hitting other enemies

The missions were fine. They were just really slow, that's my only complaint. There was absolutely no challenge present, despite the massive handicaps, and it's one of the easier times I've had getting a "grindy" frame, much better than the times I tried to get Khora and Nidus, and just ended up buying them 24 hours later. I have a lot of play time and many of my frames are min-maxed, or at least modded to do what I want them to do. I had no issues not having access to those since it was just a level 40 mission. 

As for Grendel himself, I think overall it's a fairly good frame, although a little lackluster in general feel. Compared to a frame like Nidus, who's absolutely amazing to play no matter what you're doing, and viable in so many different roles, Grendel is a good frame, very hard to kill and has some very strong buffs. But the general gameplay just... isn't there.

Regurgitate isn't outstanding, and feels more like the 1 on a frame like Ember or Frost more than anything else with no special mechanics attached (See Nidus for the glory that is Virulence), making it just... basic.

Feast isn't a very interesting ability, despite how strong it is. It has a strong synergy with his passive making him fairly tanky, although I'm a bit disappointed it's not affected by mods.  I'm also not sure if it prevents additional enemies from spawning. It just, again, doesn't feel good to use despite being a strong ability. 

Nourish is just a buff. Not much to say there. It's strong, it does what it's supposed to do. The energy and damage buffs have good numbers and are quite good, the damage reflect on the other hand is fairly lackluster and should probably be replaced or tweaked, maybe an aura that does % max health damage, or going with his fleshy plague god theme, some sort of temporary health shield? I think there's an opportunity for thematically appropriate new mechanics here. Some sort of health buffer that provides an armor bonus proportional to how much of that barrier is remaining. Or a buffer that rapidly drains, but gives you % healing of that buffer on hit, with that healing scaling with the attack speed + reload of your weapon (So all weapons will get the same healing per second), with a maximum of 1 heal instance per hit. The ability as a whole could definitely be improved, adding some more interesting mechanics and gameplay to the frame that hasn't been seen elsewhere. 

Pulverize is completely different to the other abilities. It's very fun. Reliving Katamari Damacy but as a budget plague god. But that's where the ability ends. It's very weak aside from that, offering little damage, awkward controls and only some utility in the form of knockdowns. I think getting some new interactions with his 1, 2, 3 abilities, or altered variants of those abilities would make it much better to use and be less of a tradeoff. When you're in Katamari mode you're trading all your abilities, guns and weapons, which is a very heavy tradeoff when those things do very large amounts of damage. 

So again, he's a strong frame although he's a bit lacking in a few departments. His biggest downside is that he just doesn't feel very fun to play, and his only fun component just has so many tradeoffs without enough benefits. I think there's a lot of room for improvement without any major reworks to the frame, especially with nourish, and possibly some additional passive benefits to represent his hunger theme. Like with my suggested change to the Nourish armor buff, I think that would fit in very well with the hunger/plague god theme, improving the weakest part of Nourish (Making that buff usable), and adding interesting mechanics and gameplay. Another user suggested combining the 1 and 3 and adding a new ability. So many things that could be done with Grendel. Really do like the idea of a new kind of health buffer tho, that isn't exactly health and isn't shield. 

Additional note: If Feast blocks enemy spawning it's a very bad ability. 

Edited by Drago55577

Ok so any reasonable person really despises the missions to get Grendel. But why are there these missions to begin with? They’re already locked behind completing the whole start chart and farming 75 Vitus essence which can a large number of runs. That in itself is already a very long and time consuming grind. So why not just remove the missions entirely and put his parts in the Arbitration store for 25-30 Vitus a piece?

• Like 1

I love you guys, I really do. My favorite dev team out there, by a long stretch. I've been around since almost the very start of the game, and have given Warframe over 4,000 hours of my time in these last 6(?) years. I have watched every single dev stream, I have maxed out nearly everything that can be maxed. The operator? Hell, I maxed every single school within the first year of its release. That was a painful grind, but one done with love!

I have been in the same clan all these years, just made up of my friends and I, and we play in bursts when new content is out. But mostly it is just me solo, as Warframe is my "go-to" when I'm done with other things that require my attention. However...😑

Did Q&A test those Europa Grendel missions solo? I have a feeling.. they didn't. As I can say I am fairly experienced in how to Warframe. By fairly I mean extremely. I was able to get the systems using Limbo and basically 20-100 points at a time. As about halfway through the cryotic the canister carriers stopped spawning (nice). For the helm..I'd rather not think about it. I was able to do it with Hildryn. It was rough though.. the "I've seen some s***" kind of rough. Now.. the chasis.. Whomever designed that particular aspect of Hell.. keep an eye on them, for they are surely a spawn of some unnatural vile vehemence solely focused on the disillusionment and complete mental collapse of your space ninjas. In short.. The farming for that frame solo is entirely and uniquely not fun. No element of the concept behind how it is farmed is in any way fun.

Now I accept that this is a personal perspective sort of thing on it because sure, I could advertise to get a group and knock it out with a marginally balanced comp.. But for all these years, I have accepted and completed each challenge presented to me solo. I have gotten every frame solo. But I question the wisdom of gating Grendel behind a solar map complete and these insanely arbitrarily difficult missions. Even Vauban was not this infuriating to get. Just considering the new / mostly new player experience here, this frame is well above their reach for a long while.

I haven't beaten the defense mission yet, as it is quite the challenge to my patience. But I will.. but at what cost, my most beloved DE? At what cost.. My sanity.

I still love you guys though. It is STRAINED a genuine appreciation I have for the whole team. But one of you.. or maybe a couple of you.. are not nice people. You know who you are. You know.

"Hey guys, I got an idea for how to farm Grendel. No mo--" TACKLED. That is how that sentence should have ended.

After only a couple missions with him, these are the problems I expect I will experience consistently with Grendel

A clearer UI element for Nourish would be appreciated.  Between the icons themselves being relatively arcane and uninformative on which buff they indicate, and the timer for the most recent buff covering half the icons, it is more effort than it should be to determine which buff is next up, and if switching is doing anything.  Perhaps a Minelayer/Quiver style UI element that greys out buffs that aren't available and prevents switching to them?  While I am capable of learning to work with the current UI, it isn't really doing its job effectively right now.

There is no need for the energy drain on enemies in his belly to ramp up over time.  If the frame's entire kit is built around keeping enemies in his belly, to the point where three of his abilities cannot be used without having an enemy being digested, a player shouldn't be punished for keeping enemies in his belly for a long time.  There are gaps between fights in this game, and having to stock up during each fight and vomit out remainders at the end will get old quickly.  The drain is already fairly significant for keeping a crowd in there, there's no need to make that drain increase over time as well.  It's almost like it's encouraging me not to use his powers, which I have a feeling is not the intent.  Since this escalating drain isn't even mentioned in any tooltip, part of me thinks it might be a bug, it feels so counter to the intent of the frame.

Also, his farm is absurd.  Locking him behind a few hours of arbitrations?  Fine.  Modless missions, counter to what many have said, were an interesting twist on the normal gameplay loop (though the defense mission is basically impossible solo, and the base mission level is maybe a tiny bit on the high end of what it should be for as long as we have to stay in the missions), and is mostly fine.  But both? Both makes this frame the most inaccessible frame by far, for no real reason.  Needing to complete the entire star chart, followed by hours of arbitrations, followed by a new type of mission that has no lore for why it's as hard as it is is just too much for one frame.  Please put his part keys someplace else (the market, for credits, or better yet, perhaps somewhere in his Leverian?), and give us a good reason why his missions are modless.  And for heaven's sake, don't refrain from changing this "because some players have already suffered through this, we don't want to undermine their suffering, so we'll keep making players suffer through this".

Edited by ShadowFel

Grendel feels a bit underwhelming.

Feast drains too much energy

Nourish could be great but the cycling is weird

Regurgitate damages are underwhelming

His 4th is good for the memes, but i feel that it should "feast" on ennemies when colliding and give damage reduction instead of the current effect

So, i've toyed around with grendel, went to see other frames with...'similar' abilities, compared notes and...well here is my feedback.

First off, grendel missions...a friend of mine pointed out something very clearly. He couldn't tell what mission nodes he hadn't done yet because either a fissure, invasion, syndicate, or kuva siphon was ontop of the node, that's...something that needs to get addressed. The arbitration farm is fine, the key sharing was a wonderful move by DE, the missions themselves...well honestly the worst of them was the defense, and only because of the length, 15 waves is...so long with no mods, and we probably didn't have 'the right frames' for it but even still, 15 waves was just a slog...

Onwards to Grendel himself. Right out the gate, the drain on his 1 is WAY too high. Sure, 5 enemies is...fine, any more than that it becomes a problem, you're out of energy FAST once you get past 8. Let's look at another warframe that can consume enemies, Hydroid. Hydroid has...no energy drain per enemy captured, or if it does it's massively less than Grendels.
Solution? I would make it so holding X number of enemies costs no energy, past that point it starts to drain energy, similar to how Ember's Immolation functions, or have it be just a flat drain per second no matter how many enemies you have.

Problem 2, Grendel needs enemies for ALL of his other powers. Other frames that "need" a resource to use powers, I.E. Nidus, can generate and KEEP that resource and expend it on his powers where as Grendel has to constantly run around, om nom enemies to use for his other powers, on top of that the TYPE of enemies he consumes affects one of his powers! Now, the fix to problem 1 COULD address this issue.
Solution? Give him a "Hunger" meter, like Gauss, that fills up as he has enemies in his belly, he then proceeds to drain this to use his other powers. In contrast, I would also suggest removing the energy cost from Nourish if this is the way you go. How ever I have another solution. Make his other powers cost either consumed enemies OR energy/hp(When hungry the stomach 'eats itself' some to get nourishment, I feel like this would be...appropriate for Grendel).

Onwards to the powers themselves. Grendel's power 1 is solid as it is mechanically speaking, outside of the massive energy drain per enemy. If I was to nit pick, i'd make his Feast power have a modable duration, just like a base 2-3 second thing like wukong's cloud walker. But yeah, that energy drain is his biggest issue with this power at the moment, I again point to Hydroid who has ONLY a drain per second, not a drain per second PER enemy like grendel, despite doing the same thing with a exponentially growing damage(Hydroid's damage starts at like 25 impact that ramps up by 2% per second and all this costs NO extra energy, on top of team mates AND hydroid able to do damage to the 'drowning' enemies.)

Power 2, Nourish. Has an energy drain AND requires a resource? Like, sure, the damage buff is great, and the energy regen is awesome, but it's got some steep requirements. I mean, lets look at Harrow or Trinity in terms of "Powers that give energy". Harrow can get...crazy with energy, I mean casually 20/30 energy per kill? Doubling that for headshots? Trinity can pump out easily 50 energy per pulse and those pulses can come FAST, giving players 150-200 energy in SECONDS for the low cost of 50 energy from trinity. Nourish Strike, the damage buff? That's what 1.5x base? Let's look at say...another frame with damage buffing for itself and team, Octavia. Octavia starts at 0.25 and goes up to 2x mult...based on sound, and that's REAL easy to do, and it buffs ALL her other powers on top of her passive giving her ENERGY REGEN for the cost of 100 energy, so 'cost' wise kinda maybe similiar? But that 'specific enemy required' bit is annoying...His last bit of this power, the armor where it does a aoe of toxin damage if hit or killing an enemy is...actually unique and kinda fine, but again that specific enemy needed is annoying.
Solution? First, remove the 'specific enemy' needed for the power, buff the energy required if desired, make the buff a choice by grendel, not based on enemy consumed and make it a 'gear wheel' power like Quiver so it's a bit more obvious to see what buffs you're giving, I know you can cycle it as it currently is but it's SO hard to see, so tiny! And...that should be it, other than as I mentioned above "Making it cost more if you have no consumed enemies".

Power 3, Regurgitate! Simply put, I think I ran into a bug, as wiki says this power scales off enemy level but...if it does it is not a lot. 80-90 level enemies just stared and laughed at me when I swallowed them up and spat them back. Against level 165 bombards I did...like 880-1k damage by spitting ANOTHER bombard at them...this was me testing it in simulacrum. So yeah, it does not appear to be scaling off enemy level as wiki says...or of it is it's not doing it enough to really matter. I would change the damage type to corrosive(Cause...armor is annoying AND...ya know, stomach acid?), Make it scale off enemy level more. Second addition, press and hold to 'charge' it up and spit out multiple enemies at once(Make it cost energy), and finally...make it so if you don't have enemies consumed it just spits out corrosive bile at the cost of energy/hp to melt enemy armor?

Power 4, Meatball, I mean pulverize >w>. This power is...unique. I honestly *mostly* love it as it is. My biggest issue with it is, again, resource cost. Costs 0 energy, but it does constant damage to eaten enemies, once the enemies run out you are...no longer a ball. I would, yet again, add a energy/hp cost to use this power without 'consumed enemies' in his belly. Honestly as a whole I capitalize on his 1 and 4, I would make his power 1 a drain per second instead of drain per enemy per second, and make his 4 a drain per second as well, I mean you ARE rolling around with a gut full of enemies and doing constant(and rather massive) damage per 'bounce' when in meatball form. I for one would just to just press and use his 4 to bounce around and hit enemies with and have fun, make it so enemies consumed give it bonus damage and if you have no enemies it does less damage(But in turn it would be cheaper to stay in.)

Can we please get a switching wheel for Nourish?

Or the ability to apply all the different buffs at once, depending on which enemies we have in our belly? Even if it is for a higher energy cost. The way it is right now is not fun to use.

I love, Grendel. But, I wish to see more from his abilities.

1. Feast - The vomitting has a minor, armor stripping %.

2. Nourish - The buffs should be on a wheel, and the should be instantly applied to the whole group instead of those in range. (short timer.)

3. Regurgitate - Enemies within the splash radius, lose their armor completely. 

Corpus and the Infested would have to be affected differently. Maybe a shield decrease or just direct damage they can't block/defend against.

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

:suda::hexis:

UMaX5UM.jpg

eibaSGV.jpg

As far as the, Masseter. It's as broken (OP) as the other two-handed weapons in the game, so working as intended!

vrURmTo.jpg

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

Feedback about Grendel.

I've been playing with Grendel for a good while now, and overall I'm quite happy with him. He's really tanky, got REALLY good CC with his Feast ability, but there are really some small tweaks required.

PASSIVE
Not affected by mods I assume? And wiki mentions that it isn't affected by mods either. Can't remember outright how some other frames abilities work, but I'm under the impression that generally + armor from ability/passive is affected by armor mods. Would make grendel even more tanky, which seems like his main purpose. Might not require any work if the energy cost of Feast is lowered a bit so you can keep up more enemies in your gut.

FEAST
Area is really nice, the ability works well. Energy consumption could be a bit lower maybe? If you accidentally chug up 10-15 enemies your primed flow + energize + rage can't keep up with the energy cost. You can clear up your gut quite fast by using tenderizer and hopping around/ramming into walls and whatnot, but just a tiny bit lower energy cost and it would be perfect. Could keep 5-8 enemies in your belly without much issues, but for now it seems that after 10 your energy just RUNS empty.

Long press/emptying gut could also maybe be tweaked a bit? Like whenever you empty your gut you'd vomit area of bile close to you that deals some toxin/viral or corrosive procs. If vomit is forced by running out of energy this effect wouldn't come off, so basically a bit 'balance' and gameplay effect on that, and a reason to empty your gut every now and then. Would offer small bonus if you could bile up on some corridors to soften enemies up before swallowing them. 

NOURISH

Biggest issues I see with grendel is his buff ability. The icon for which buff is chosen is really tiny. Cycling between the different buffs is quite slow, and you have no idea if you actually chugged up correct enemy type when you eat a group of 10-15.

Titanias buff ability has been tweaked numerous times already to make it more useful and easier to acquire. Grendel is a bit step backwards because you need to 1) eat right enemy type 2) cycle to the wanted buff which is really hard since you can't see the icon 3) the buffs aren't too good to justify the difficulty of getting them.

If you eat enemy of each type you should get the buff nonetheless. No need for some buff swapping shenanigans. The buffs could stay as is with minor tweaks as long as it's quite easy to acquire them, but it's hard to justify the armor buff because it just seems worthless now

The only balance issue by allowing all buffs at the same time is probably the damage you deal when you cast nourish. If you'd deal damage to everything inside you it could be a bit powerful since enemies are CC'd inside you and you could just keep hurting them all at the same time. Adjust the damage? Make nourish deal damage to only first X amount of enemies in your gut, affected by power strength?

But in any case you SHOULD get all the buffs if you have correct enemies in your gut. Overall all buffs combined you'd have some really decent buffing capability as grendel, but with the weird cycling that is tied to enemies that spawn it's just a bit bad.

REGURGITATE

This is  a bit weird ability. The good thing is that it costs no energy (Huge thumbs up) since it requires you to have enemy inside and the cost comes from that, but the bad thing is that it's a bit hard to utilize and the flying curve shouldn't maybe be that long. Maybe better visuals on splash impact? It's hard to see if the ability does actually anything aside from tossing enemy at the enemies. Damage is also scaling with enemy levels, which is nice.

Maybe AoE DoT effect on hit location? Same as the suggested buff for feast, but this would have better range. Could cover up area at a distance with your bile to once again soften up enemies for allies to kill or for yourself to consume. Ideally regurgitate and feast vomit could also have some buffs/special effects based on which buffs you have active? Like how wisp gets buffs to her 4th based on your buffs. Not as meaningful buff maybe, but like for the vomit of feast some CC effect (Minor slow?) while regurgitate would act more like damage ability with damage over time effect on splash radius. Still would remain as a bit not-so-useful ability, but would look visually better with some proper splash effects and bile areas.

PULVERIZE

I really like this ability. Not sure how much speed buffs affect it, but it seems as if volt speed + wisp speed can affect how well you can climb ramps. Simple jumps and maneuvers is really great once you learn to utilize them.

Honestly not sure if this requires anything. If the buffs would work like they should (getting all at once) you'd get better energy recovery/toxic aoe splashes with armor/more toxic damage on abilities while pulverizing, and that'd be great enough. 

• Like 1

Grendel overall is very fun and has quickly become one of my favourite frames, but here is a few notes:

Acquisition:
Acquiring Grendel is a challenge/pain with a good squad but doable, without that though, can imagine its VERY rough

Abilities:
Passive:
seems fine, but fairly basic

Feast: needs to not have such a crazy ramp in energy drain, it gets excessive even with a few enemies in, i feel the toggle state denying regens and base drain are probably enough, if its not, just up the base drain per enemy to 2 or 2.5/s

Nourish: cycling through all three buffs and casting three times feels awful, especially when you realise after that you don't have all 3, because minimal UI elements to tell you which is selected. This is worsened by the short base duration on a buff you have to cast/cycle 3 times. Could recommend giving all buffs (with correct enemies) and doing smaller damage to all consumed enemies.

Regurgitate: Seems solid as it works, ranged nuke, sweet

Pulverise: Very fun however all aspects of movement could do with some work:
First, when cast, should maintain full momentum of your current movement
Second, acceleration and control with movement keys feels far too slow from stationary/after hitting an object.
Thirdly, max speed seems very limited when not rolling down hills.

Still guaranteed to keep playing him for ages, but these sorts of changes would make him super enjoyable ❤️

Only have 2 gripes with Grendel:

Nourish : UI for the buff icon is way, way too small. What is this? UI for ants? Make it like quiver/ minelayer UI big.

Regurgitate: I can think of an enemy that does a way better job. The tar mutalist moa. Some acid/bile explosion landing upon the spit landing on a surface or enemy would be ideal, slowing down and damaging enemies caught in the puddle.

I knew I was gonna like this frame, but I only got one complain.

Nourish should just get the buffs of each type of enemy inside. It's hard enough already to "pick" your buffs with Titania, you're gonna tell me that I can be able to control a buff coming from an enemy that I can't see that I took with an AoE ability? Increase energy cost for each type buff, it doesn't last long anyway, especially with an efficiency build

I'm going to be very honest... I don't have many good things to say about Grendel.

The only thing I enjoyed was the way his challenges were designed, but that opens another can of worms about how mods severely dampen the difficulty of the game.

So.... the big boi:

• The energy drain scaling on Devour is very bad. He'd be a great rage candidate if holding more than 5 enemies completely eats through your energy bar faster than you can get hit. Devouring enemies also animation locks you, which makes you stop everything until you devour all 12 enemies that get in range at time of cast.
  • Obtaining the Nourish buffs is slow and RNG as to which you get first. It should grant all 3 buffs on a single cast, maybe also increase the heal amount as well.
  • Regurgitate doesn't do anything useful from what I can tell. Damage did not seem to be all that great and hitbox is bad when aiming at other enemies.
  • Pulverize is uncontrollable and incredibly frustrating with the external physics control/momentum. It may be fun while rolling down the Plains or Vallis, but using it in regular missions are just unbearable. Only thing I can say is remove the momentum and give us full control.
  • Overall his sounds also make me very nauseous.
  • Like 1

Nourish needs to have the toggle removed and simply apply the buffs available per enemy inside in one go. The type of enemy required in order to cast the buff should also be removed. Just make the requirement 3 enemies held in order to get all 3 buffs. That would balance the skill to the cost and usefulness of both Vex Armor and Roar. While those two cost 75 per cast, they arent required to use atleast one 25 cost skill prior to use.

If the requirement based on enemies held is to stay we need to get a very clear indicator of which buff is available. The toggle mechanic needs to be removed though since it is just too clunky and the buffs are not nearly strong nor lasting long enough to warrant such a clunky solution.

sinceramente nunca entró a los foros, pero enserio, que ***** estaban pensando con sacarme los mods, por un warframe como grendel,me voy a volver loco,solo logre la supervivencia a duras penas,?por que simplemente no le subieron más el nivel a los corpus y ya.

The cycle effect on Nourish isn't all that clear. Honestly when I use it I'm multi-tapping anyway most of the time, I'd really rather it just automatically give a new buff type or refresh the lowest duration, depending on enemies in the gut.

I'd like to see Regurgitate reset the energy ramp-up on Feast as well, I love this ability but right now carrying stuff around to munch on is just much more effective. That would give some incentive to a devour/spit/shoot loop while still letting Grendel run around with the things he wants to do. (Eat everything)

Otherwise I'm having a blast with Grendel. Up there with Gauss for my favorite warframes.

Edited by AutoCept

Just wanted to drop another vote here to get rid of Grendel's shields.  He only  has enough for it to be a problem when you're trying to do a hijack mission.  Otherwise they make no difference to him at all. 

Either that,or make his hijack missions drain his health. 

37 minutes ago, xoagray said:

Just wanted to drop another vote here to get rid of Grendel's shields.  He only  has enough for it to be a problem when you're trying to do a hijack mission.  Otherwise they make no difference to him at all. 

Either that,or make his hijack missions drain his health. 

they should have long since made hijack reactors drain both as if its a whole hp bar. they could also remove the need to drain anything as you still need to be in proximity to move it.