Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee overall nerf?

-Aza-Gorod-

Is it me or does my best melee weapon feel like a giant feather duster now? I can barely get any damage out of it and makes it almost useless. Sadly this "Buff" feels more like a massive nerf as i cant get anywhere near where i use to before :S.

My damage at prime could get 5 to 6 figures easy. But now struggles so freaking hard to get 5 :S

CO isnt broken anymore, otherwise big buff. All melees can have a comfortable range now, Stances are much better overall, most useless melees are now actually usable. CO was broken and blood rush too. CO did get rly nerfed, but blood rush is still quite good, because melee are much better to use. Bigger range, better stances and the stat changes really do help. Because before, You had CO and some very crit heavy weapons, but usually just a zaw and You could go to endurance, but all other melees has problem after level 50... or even before. Now You can go to level 100 even with a skana. All melees had a pretty significant base damage change, but the S#&$ melees had status/crit and bigger base damage changes, so many of the mastery fodder melees are now not mastery fodder. Maybe They still arent top 1, but now 90% of the melees are in a state where They can be comfortably used in sortie levels and little bit higher and the strong weapons can still go quite good against level 150-200. 

They dont need to scale any better, neither primaries and secondaries deal better with endgame stuff. You usually combo the weapons with each other and warframes. You use status, You get damage boosts, fire rate whatever buffs, reduce the armor of the enemies etc... You cant just go in with a single primary and kill level 200+ enemies.

• Like 3

Honest question...is anyone...even TRYING something different than the old bread and butter?

I mean seriously, has anyone considered making changes to how they use melee if the old setup isn't working?

I mean for all people praise the mod Adaptation several people seem reluctant to actually do so.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honest question...is anyone...even TRYING something different than the old bread and butter?

I mean seriously, has anyone considered making changes to how they use melee if the old setup isn't working?

I mean for all people praise the mod Adaptation several people seem reluctant to actually do so.

yep, we've all tried and here we are voicing our dislikes. anyway for me this change is wack, the  devs have let me down for the last time, they can close my account here and in the game too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

yep, we've all tried and here we are voicing our dislikes. anyway for me this change is wack, the  devs have let me down for the last time, they can close my account here and in the game too.

...It has been LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

Meanwhile what used to work had to go through how much time of actual live-fire testing?

For all the massive theorycrafting people do to maximize numbers I see very little actual work done to adjust or learn when changes happen.

• Like 13

Not again, and I think people believing that Melee got nerfed "overall" must've have this mod on all the time:

latest?cb=20171007153247

Whatever you so heavily relied on or are so used to (high range melee weapons like Polearms), try the other choices as the update made Melee a lot less binary in performance. Some of the other melee weapon classes, such as Sparring or even Scythes, are reemerging as a result. 

• Like 2

Nerf, because damage was never a real problem for melee: its only true limiting factor was range, and that got nerfed heavily.

Cool fancy attacks look nice, and suspended enemies are cool, but the only stats that matter are kills/second (much like how the only good status effect is dead), and that went down drastically at the top end.

However, Redeemer Prime and all Glaives are even more busted than before, so pretty good for them. Shame they don't have enough AoE to make them the new meta.

2 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Blood rush and CO were broken, anyone who said otherwise doesn't know how math works.  

Considering how insane armor scaling gets in this game, "broken" was fine for endgame content. Now melee feels like you're smacking high level bombards/heavy gunners with a pool noodle. It's pretty bad now.

54 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Whatever you so heavily relied on or are so used to (high range melee weapons like Polearms), try the other choices as the update made Melee a lot less binary in performance. Some of the other melee weapon classes, such as Sparring or even Scythes, are reemerging as a result. 

That reminds me of this old quote from Miyamoto Musashi.

You should not have a favourite weapon. To become over-familiar with one weapon is as much a fault as not knowing it sufficiently well. You should not copy others, but use weapons which you can handle properly. It is bad for commanders and troops to have likes and dislikes. These are things you must learn thoroughly.

Basically not relying on one thing all the time is a good thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Loza03 said:

Basically not relying on one thing all the time is a good thing.

Which would be fine, if the riven system didn't exist. People like me who invested a lot into specific rivens for those useful melee weapons essentially get shafted. Doesn't matter if there's no riven disposition changes yet, many of my melee rivens are basically worthless now.

Just now, Frostyinferno said:

Which would be fine, if the riven system didn't exist. People like me who invested a lot into specific rivens for those useful melee weapons essentially get shafted. Doesn't matter if there's no riven disposition changes yet, many of my melee rivens are basically worthless now.

You bought into rivens, knowing full well that by their nature, they are ephemeral.

• Like 1

Just now, Loza03 said:

You bought into rivens, knowing full well that by their nature, they are ephemeral.

I fully expect and understand disposition changes, and that's fine, but making effects like "crit on slide" ACTUALLY worthless is unexpected and a step too far. Putting hundreds of hours of kuva farming into a riven only to have it be slightly less effective is one thing, but after the complete gutting some of mine have received I feel I have a right to be a bit upset.