Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did DE introduce Liches to keep veteran players out of new players missions?

Fire2box

If veterans are busy doing Lich stuff then they can't possibly carry new players as the mission is separate from the normal node one. New players then won't get bored of having " nothing to kill". Sneaky DE.

(I don't think that was DE's real intention. And there's still alerts, normal relic nodes, etc where Veterans and new players mingle.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a_fish. said:

Except as a veteran player I'm not playing this new lich system, it's too much grind and rng for no reward, the mechanics are awful and the overall experience is closing on comatose.

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

quoted for truth.

That. There is so much wrong with liches that I'm making a conscious effort to not get one. I'm avoiding normal grineer missions wherever possible (RIP, fast levelling on Saturn/Helene), and if I do find myself in one with a larvaling spawn, it's immediate abort mission time.

Which is a shame, since I really do want a chakkhurr and that archgun.

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 1

I am gonna consciously avoid lich larvas until the weekend where I can spend more hours getting the requiems unlocked. 

I do not want to get stuff stolen or be faced with an ironskin or corrupted ground capable lich in the middle of a mission. 

I do not dislike it, but I will be choosing when to create a lich and its not on regular weekdays. 

• Like 1

I just play. Not seen any Liches or whatever they are. Know very little, have little interest.

Currently no idea what im doing since so many changes to mods n such. Lots of useless stuff now.

Im still trying to work out any point in Inaros's 1 ability as I aint getting finishers.

3 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

They've definitely succeeded in keeping me from joining any mission with level 20+ grineer for the foreseeable future.

Why? It doesn't affect anything in your normal gameplay. When you choose a mission on the star chart you have to choose whether to do it with the litch stuff, if you don't choose it then you never see it and everything is as it was before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kobrakai said:

Why? It doesn't affect anything in your normal gameplay. When you choose a mission on the star chart you have to choose whether to do it with the litch stuff, if you don't choose it then you never see it and everything is as it was before.

because Lavling will always spawn any grineer level 20+...there is no avoiding that if you are using AOE stuffs and accidentally kill them.

once the Lich is created it will never stop invading the solar system...my is 6 planets now and he stole most of my Requiem relics and Sorties reward. (1 riven)

so if you are saying it doesn't effect normal gameplay it does...the Lich will steal from you despite you are not doing Lich mission.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DoomFruit:

That. There is so much wrong with liches that I'm making a conscious effort to not get one. I'm avoiding normal grineer missions wherever possible (RIP, fast levelling on Saturn/Helene), and if I do find myself in one with a larvaling spawn, it's immediate abort mission time.

Which is a shame, since I really do want a chakkhurr and that archgun.

For leveling you can go onslaught...with or without booster you usually need 1-3 runs from 0 to 30

5 hours ago, Fire2box said:

If veterans are busy doing Lich stuff then they can't possibly carry new players as the mission is separate from the normal node one. New players then won't get bored of having " nothing to kill". Sneaky DE.

(I don't think that was DE's real intention. And there's still alerts, normal relic nodes, etc where Veterans and new players mingle.)

You are mostly right. It’s the largest exodus of veteran and hardcore players ever after the worst Update dropped. Please read other relative posts in Feedback sections. Many posts have been deleted by Mods to put out the massive fires of anger and disappointment by many players. We are also seeing the steepest decline of player numbers after any mainline Updates.

4 hours ago, a_fish. said:

Except as a veteran player I'm not playing this new lich system, it's too much grind and rng for no reward, the mechanics are awful and the overall experience is closing on comatose.

Not just the grind. It’s hard grinding with hugely nerfed fluidity of gameplay and very obnoxious and brokenly nerfed new melee system transplanted from another game that is not Warframe. This is not challenging with fun. This is unbearable grinding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Critaa said:

For leveling you can go onslaught...with or without booster you usually need 1-3 runs from 0 to 30

I've heard that as well, but sanctuary onslaught is another of those things which I flat out refuse to touch due to it being blatantly, utterly broken on release (namely that it wasn't possible to do it solo because the life support timer ran out faster than you could refill it, the sole exception apparently being if you had a perfect minmaxed sporyn).

3 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

because Lavling will always spawn any grineer level 20+...there is no avoiding that if you are using AOE stuffs and accidentally kill them.

once the Lich is created it will never stop invading the solar system...my is 6 planets now and he stole most of my Requiem relics and Sorties reward. (1 riven)

so if you are saying it doesn't effect normal gameplay it does...the Lich will steal from you despite you are not doing Lich mission.

Iv had 1 for 3 days now and he is still on 1 planet 

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

After reading what this new system entails...I'm just gonna make it into my end game to see how long I can go in not getting a single Lich...

Its not too hard, they get marked after spawning and have a messege op up. I had to solo farm adro a couple of times to get one. And hes been sitting on eris and hasnt moved for 3 days.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Fire2box:

If veterans are busy doing Lich stuff then they can't possibly carry new players as the mission is separate from the normal node one. New players then won't get bored of having " nothing to kill".

It is a clever start for a concept many players wanted for quite some time: Choose your difficulting when entering a mission. 

I thouroughly enjoy playing high level lich solo content. It feels a bit off when I have to farm some void traces with very low enemy levels.

I am personally... "alright" with the lich stuff. But I only say that as a person who has pretty much everything in the game (bar Primed Chamber and a few ephemeras) so the Lich stealing my stuff is quite... inconsequential.

But I more than understand why this would be a hindrance to other players who do not want to participate in it. It's a counter-productive system. Oh? You are trying to gear up to fight level 60+ enemies? Too bad, let me take your stuff to make the grind even more of a headache. I'm pretty sure my sentiments would be different if this system was introduced at the beginning of Warframe.

Personally, I would suggest that the Lich is completely void from the main game until you start a particular quest. So then players can opt in to do it when they are ready (or when it is fixed...)

Edited by Goodwill

6 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

I just play. Not seen any Liches or whatever they are. Know very little, have little interest.

I know enough, but interest...some, but I'm more oriented to NW and getting that third UF. My time is limited, so the liches will have to wait for this next weekend--maybe. 

As for keeping me out of low end missions, no. As long as Lith and Meso relics need farmed (and they always need farmed), then I have to be there. 

In the meantime, I just play with an eye on NW goals and the constant relic/trace farming. When the liches get annoying enough to attract attention, they we'll arrange some smackdown on them. 

36 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Why are people complaining about a system they have not tried? I red a few posts and it was clear they had never tried it.

sorry to say I’m having a lot of fun with it. Making an army of converts. 

It's because kids like to bandwagon. I've already caught a few posters that were lying about playing it. What's worse is these people might actually like it but won't get a chance to play it by the time it reaches the consoles because it will be changed.

Players watching other players playing and then forming their emotional opinions off of that "playtime" is the dumbest crap ever. You get a pass ONLY if you're under the age of 11.

Edited by (PS4)GEN-Son_17
Context error