Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think PVP can be successful ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

A wild Idea.

Remember Dog Days of Summer?

How about that as a PvP event?

Everyone has the same health, weapon and no mods. It's purely a game of skill, something to have a laugh with.

You know, something fun.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Chroma Prime said:

You are 100% right about that. Conclave has a lot of depth so it is harder for some people to get into, whereas everything else in warframe requires negligible amounts of effort or time investment.
My main issue with powers isn't that they are cheesy or powerful, they are supposed to be. My issue is with how easy it is to spam them. The current energy economy needs a rework. I believe passive energy gain should be disabled. It would be a good start.

I can see your point but commitment must be made that things cannot be to different in pvp from pve or bad transitioning in between, however maybe auras that can be acquired in pvp and can be made or aura that are like pve can be translated into pvp.

I don't know what but that way things work and function adequately.

An aura 

Energy syphon

Regeneration

Something like this two but shield related

Then people can choose what they want to specify as there support that they want to regen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fl_3 said:

A wild Idea.

Everyone has the same health, weapon and no mods. It's purely a game of skill, something to have a laugh with.

You know, something fun.

People complained about the other balanced events too, you know. People will always complain about PvP, no matter how wonderful it actually is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

A wild Idea.

You know, something fun.

We had two events of similar kind. 

DE took the Variant mode as a foundation. (old one hit Opticor pvp mode) 

Everyone has the same stats, your Warframe of choice is just cosmetic. 

Everyone got the mode specific weapons. (snowballs, candy scythe, bow, nikana, Opticor Variant)

The Variant mode aswell as the events were quite enjoyable and balanced... Still pve purists kept lamenting about being forced to play pvp... Out of greed for the rewards. The Oro ornament and that heart ornament which got put into the market to please the ranting sloths. 

Edit: They even ranted about dog days, a pve event like there was no tomorrow... smh

Edited by Loxyen
added stuff
  • Like 3

You know, I think a big part in what turns new players of from  Conclave, is pretty much how different it feels like from the main game. Namely how in the main game you mostly  only go against groundbound or slow moving enemies, while any PvP fight is bractically the opposite, without anything inbetween preparing players that are used to the former to be able to deal with enemies of the latter...

So how about including some boss that forces players to use their parkour whilst fighting it, and have that be a requirement to unlock conclave? It could be a flying boss thar you fight in a groundless area were the only things you can do to avoid falling down, is wall jump through pillars layed across the stage.

Otherwise I think that the fact that all 4 game modes uses separate lobbies are more of a downer,  because it's very easy to miss a match in 1vAll, Team or Cephelon when you are waiting for an empty Lunaro match, vice versa. 

People that want to play 100% fair matches with as little overwhelming advantages as possible, should get their restrictive matches were only balanced gears are allowed.. But sometimes, one really just wants to use one's pve gear from the main game too, so a game mode/filter were you are allowed to use your usual gear would be nice too.

The Conclave is already suffering because it's isolated from the rest of the game, making it even more isolated by not just changing the game tactics, but also game mechanics, will only isolate it further without solving any problems.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-15 at 1:28 PM, Fl_3 said:

You know, something fun.

I've been looking at a few PvP threads and this really seems to be the consensus. Equal/fair grounds and something skill based and I agree.

Balancing though, is rather hard. Making things equal, DE essentially would have to make everything the same, health, speed, damage, fire rate, hitbox, abilities etc. With many people not liking warframes speed in PvP and small hitbox too, this could add to the difficulty of this. Perhaps incorporating the need to use teamwork and communication could play a role in PvP balancing rather than completely equal? At least to fill in for some elements.

• Like 2

On 2020-01-16 at 6:43 AM, Loxyen said:

We had two events of similar kind. 

DE took the Variant mode as a foundation. (old one hit Opticor pvp mode) 

Everyone has the same stats, your Warframe of choice is just cosmetic. 

Everyone got the mode specific weapons. (snowballs, candy scythe, bow, nikana, Opticor Variant)

The Variant mode aswell as the events were quite enjoyable and balanced... Still pve purists kept lamenting about being forced to play pvp... Out of greed for the rewards. The Oro ornament and that heart ornament which got put into the market to please the ranting sloths. 

Edit: They even ranted about dog days, a pve event like there was no tomorrow... smh

This is true, some people will complain about anything.

7 hours ago, Jadous said:

No because most of the game is pve focused. Providing a good pvsp experience will take alot of time and effort Wich could have been used to improve the pvse experience which Warframe is centered around. Just my opinion

Is a PvP experience inherently less valuable than a PvE experience in your opinion?

• Like 1

On 2020-01-15 at 7:28 PM, Fl_3 said:

A wild Idea.

You know, something fun.

It's not a wild idea. As mentioned above, we had pretty much that already, just for winter. It was called Snowday Showdown, have a look (random youtube videos i found):

The only thing it needed was a bit of festive music, other than that it was great. 😄

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

It's not a wild idea. As mentioned above, we had pretty much that already, just for winter. It was called Snowday Showdown, have a look (random youtube videos i found):

The only thing it needed was a bit of festive music, other than that it was great. 😄

Man, that event really brings back some memories. I still wish the opticor variant was around.

• Like 1

Honestly it's pretty simple, but it's very unlikely they'll pursue it. First abandon guns, second add sports, third add hats.

For a PvP system they have to abandon all of the weapon mechanics in the base game. Trying to balance a PvP experience with all of these wildly varying weapons and frames is just not a challenge they're equipped for. It would be a mammoth task. If a shooting experience must be maintained it would only really be feasible if they just threw out everything you own and you had to select one of the 3 starter loadouts to play with, disconnecting it entirely from your PvE gear.

It'd be a much smarter idea to go with sports instead. Competitive sports games are very popular. With all of the movement tools in warframe they could easily pursue any number of sports ideas.

It's also necessary to disconnect the rewards system in PvE from PvP. If they add any real rewards then their core audience will feel forced into a game mode they don't want to play. I would suggest simplistic, but fun, cosmetics that are limited to only the PvP game modes. Like silly hats.

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Nope conclave needs to be thrown in the trash where it belongs

ron swanson computer GIF

Only 4 people play it, if raids get removed for little player engagement why is conclace still here wasting space?

Have you considered that the Conclave community is far bigger than what you think it is? That perhaps Conclave takes less resources to maintain than raids did?

18 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Have you considered that the Conclave community is far bigger than what you think it is? That perhaps Conclave takes less resources to maintain than raids did?

What like 5 people? I can make up any single digit count of conclave players cause it's pretty much that since the 2 hours of waiting for a person to show in a public lobby suggests like 3 people play the mode

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

What like 5 people? I can make up any single digit count of conclave players cause it's pretty much that since the 2 hours of waiting for a person to show in a public lobby suggests like 3 people play the mode

unknown.png?width=400&height=95

There are a lot of people that play Conclave. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot your matchmaking problems. I can find a match any time of the day when I go into Conclave.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

There are a lot of people that play Conclave. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot your matchmaking problems. I can find a match any time of the day when I go into Conclave.

"There's so many people" and im in a empty lobby for an eternity as all those people don't actually exist,  "i play conclave" whistling through teeth as any other lie "there's alot of us" as screenshot from an unknown time is boosted of a discord server full people probably boosting each other in semi private games as no one wants to play conclave they just want to get the rewards and get out before gun in the mouth seems to be the more entertaining option. 

Conclave deserve to be in the trash along with the 4 people who play it lying to themselves of imaginary player counts and discords totally not filled with boosters wink

5 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

A discord server is not the same thing as an in-game population. This has already been covered in this thread.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

"There's so many people" and im in a empty lobby for an eternity as all those people don't actually exist,  "i play conclave" whistling through teeth as any other lie "there's alot of us" as screenshot from an unknown time is boosted of a discord server full people probably boosting each other in semi private games as no one wants to play conclave they just want to get the rewards and get out before gun in the mouth seems to be the more entertaining option. 

Conclave deserve to be in the trash along with the 4 people who play it lying to themselves of imaginary player counts and discords totally not filled with boosters wink

I literally just finished a match wherein the lobby was full. Like repo said earlier, Im down to play conclave with you on Xbox any time, man.

• Like 1