Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

45 Lich's to get 1 Ephemera = 2.2% Drop rate

Aceh0li0

31 minutes ago, Aceh0li0 said:

Frustrated with those results...

Understandably.

Good gravy, you've killed 45 lich already in this game, and you've posted 1 time in the forums.
lol Well, welcome to it.

Sorry to hear it. Congrats on getting your ephemera, either way.
Being that you are able to trade Lich, I suppose far fewer people will ever endure those odds overall.

Man. I haven't even taken out a single Lich yet.
(Still putting it off for a while.)
Some of y'all are amazing at this game.

• Like 1

Meh..... it's a lot better than it used to be. The "down him 3 times he goes away" thing has helped a lot. People seem to understand how to play this now. You let the Lich hang around for a while to make some  thralls. Then you down him. Do you want to stab him? Your choice. If not the group downs him twice more and he goes away enabling the next Lich to spawn. Rinse repeat. The fights are kind of fun cause it's prolly sortie  level 3 or so in difficulty. It's taking around 2 hours to finish one off these days in public groups.

Oh and I got an ephemera on my 3rd Lich

Edited by cmacq

8 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

I am on my 5th lich and I have 2 Ephemeras.

9 hours ago, AegisSiege said:

14 Liches, 3 Ephemeras, so a 21.4% drop rate?

I guess you haven't been praying to RNGesus...

When I see numbers like that my teeth begin to grind.  There must be something I am doing wrong.

• Like 1

Well, killing 100 of an enemy that has an item with droprate of 1% doesn't guarantee you will get it when killing the one hundredth of them, RNG isn't cumulative, you either get the thing, or you don't. You could be extremely lucky and get it first try or never after a thousand tries.

9 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I've been grinding my ass off trying to get the toxin one, that's all I want out of this system.

I got that one and have been trying to trade it for another of the ephemeras and nobody seems to want the toxin one >_> 

32 minutes ago, BeastKingRizzo said:

It is crazy how people still don't understand how RNG works....

Well that is a belittling comment. 

I do understand random and what Diavoros stated

2 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Well, killing 100 of an enemy that has an item with droprate of 1% doesn't guarantee you will get it when killing the one hundredth of them, RNG isn't cumulative, you either get the thing, or you don't. You could be extremely lucky and get it first try or never after a thousand tries.

I got that one and have been trying to trade it for another of the ephemeras and nobody seems to want the toxin one >_> 

Kimimoto had a great question..  

12 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

What is a sample size?

which I don't have an answer.  The answer should be in a realm of what is a reasonable grind sample size...  hence my timing of posting this thread, I believe 45 to 50 lich's is a reasonable sample size.  

I have a 2.2% drop rate.... I would take 5%  ...  I would definitely take the DE stated 10%

• Like 2