Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL: What role will you be maxing out or focusing on the most for Railjack?

Gabbynaru

19 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Reb is always under modded in devstreems. I did not see her say anything about the arch gun.

I mean look when she goes in a ship and try’s to kill something by shooting it. The damage is the same as her archguns. This is just the dev build that probably gets reset all the time and she’s just barely equipped for the mission.

im sure are archguns are still using mods. So doing millions of dps.

tho if I’m wrong I’ll admit it and I would like to see them say it though:s

No. The guns are dealing about 50 damage, but with barely any crits. The Phaedra is at best hitting 32's and 68's on crits. Now, of course as you say, reb is almost certainly undermodded, and her Phaedra is hitting those numbers much much faster, but the railjack is also under-equipped - it's got rank 0 equipment.  And Rebb, whilst far, far from the best, is also not terrible - that Arch-gun almost certainly has every slot filled, even if they aren't filled very well.

27 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

No. The guns are dealing about 50 damage, but with barely any crits. The Phaedra is at best hitting 32's and 68's on crits. Now, of course as you say, reb is almost certainly undermodded, and her Phaedra is hitting those numbers much much faster, but the railjack is also under-equipped - it's got rank 0 equipment.  And Rebb, whilst far, far from the best, is also not terrible - that Arch-gun almost certainly has every slot filled, even if they aren't filled very well.

I’m sure it’s unmodded the acrhgun. I have not seen any fully modded gun unable to kill a level 10-15 in more then 1 shot. This is why (unless the top Railjack guns do millions of DPS) I think most are going to use archwings to fight. 1 person is going to run the rail jack away so the mission does not fail and 3 archwings are going to kill everything. 

They hopefully rebalance the railjacks base kit to deal with level 80s in 3-4 hits. It’s top guns should deal with 300-350s in 3-4 hits. Then make the guys you fight in the mission start 60 end 300-400. So as you progress you really on your ship more and more.

Poorly defined roles.  Gunner is obvious, along with pilot.  What are tactical and engineering?  Moreover, command is supposed to allow companions so it'll be the place to sink your resources once it's actually realized (because if this is as much grind as shown it'll die as a mode real quick).

The obvious answers are that tactical deploys and wrecks crap while the engineer makes the things that go boom and fixes the ship.  The problem is words don't necessarily mean the same things when DE gets to define them.

I chose engineer.  It's likely going to be the support and crafting, with bonuses for repair and crafting.  It'll be the one role that anchors the rest of the gerbils on the ship, and hopefully offers enough benefits for everything to be less grind than shown.

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

I’m sure it’s unmodded the acrhgun. I have not seen any fully modded gun unable to kill a level 10-15 in more then 1 shot. This is why (unless the top Railjack guns do millions of DPS) I think most are going to use archwings to fight. 1 person is going to run the rail jack away so the mission does not fail and 3 archwings are going to kill everything. 

They hopefully rebalance the railjacks base kit to deal with level 80s in 3-4 hits. It’s top guns should deal with 300-350s in 3-4 hits. Then make the guys you fight in the mission start 60 end 300-400. So as you progress you really on your ship more and more.

The railjack 10-15 is equivalent to level 45-ish in the base game, and they were using base level gear - and they also mentioned they were at a much higher level than the gear they had equipped, so this is most likely mid-level. Now, it's unlikely that the Phaedra would struggle as much as to do that little damage - but the enemy also died in a relatively short amount of time, at least for something of Rebb's modding habits. They're even using different damage types to normal gameplay, so it's quite likely an entirely separate damage system, as Steve suggested on his twitter waaaay back in January.

I don't think we can compare Railjack levels accurately to other levels.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

The railjack 10-15 is equivalent to level 45-ish in the base game, and they were using base level gear - and they also mentioned they were at a much higher level than the gear they had equipped, so this is most likely mid-level. Now, it's unlikely that the Phaedra would struggle as much as to do that little damage - but the enemy also died in a relatively short amount of time, at least for something of Rebb's modding habits. They're even using different damage types to normal gameplay, so it's quite likely an entirely separate damage system, as Steve suggested on his twitter waaaay back in January.

I don't think we can compare Railjack levels accurately to other levels.

I guess we’ll have to see.

though I’m right (not handed though. Right handed people are strange. Also why when Canada chose to stay with the British why did we adopt driving on the right side of the road? Where I live in Canada BC they started on the left, but in the 1930s they changed it. Just makes me sad.)

Edited by BDMblue

I'm surprised the gunner is on last, considering this is a shooter. Then again, I guess everyone wants a change of pace.

On that note, Pilot's my calling (in case soloing is impossible before command is released). Seems like I forgot to mention that in the top post. Been playing space sims since I was a kid, of course I'll navigate the ship.

Order of priorities as it currently stands and as i understand them

1. Piloting (moving/ramming)
  2. Command (having and improving effectiveness of NPC/lich crew)
  3. engineer (stop being on fire)
  4. gunner (if i choose to side pew pew that day)
  5. tactical (honestly forgot that this does)