Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hope That No Mastery Points Are Attached To Railjack Components

BornWithTeeth

19 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

what would be bad about that ? 🤔

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

A very simple idea to make me not want to invest in the system at all, great idea! 

And that's what I was waiting for.

I'm against the idea of having to be 'bribed' to play the content with MR points, basically. I'd just like it to be an series of mechanics entirely for its own sake, to be explored and played with just for the fun of mastering it, not, uh, Mastering it.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

And that's what I was waiting for.

I'm against the idea of having to be 'bribed' to play the content with MR points, basically. I'd just like it to be an series of mechanics entirely for its own sake, to be explored and played with just for the fun of mastering it, not, uh, Mastering it.

i mean , i havent felt bribed to play anything (other then the sacrifice...cause umbra) 

honestly at this point there is a lot of mr stuff already, its already getting a tier system so maybe thats it 

I think that attaching MR to any kind of "system" is creating an artificial relevance that it sometimes otherwise wouldn't have.

Why do I own all MOA companions? MR.
Why did I max out K-Drives? MR.
Why do I, while being in cosmic agony, collect all the Kuva weapons? MR.
(Kuva weapons do make sense though since they are weapons and not a space skate board.)

If it wasn't for MR I would only bother with the "systems" above to a very limited extend.

28 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Do the parts have Ranks?  If so, I must have missed that...

No, Steve  has said that the ship is "max ranked and doesnt level up".

From what I saw, the ship will be like any other game were there are no levels but the things like Hull integrity (HP), Shields and such can be swapped for better versions and upgrated. Nothing on Ranking up, so it means no Mastery Points for the Mastery junkies.

47 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Im hoping for the exact opposite, to be honest. Having mastery points attached to railjack components would be another incentive for me to actually use my Railjack.

It's sad that you and others need an incentive to play the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

Hope not, it woud be a terrible mistake to force player to use X components to level up 

Mastery doesn’t give you anything? It just tells players how much stuff you have used. Why would the Railjack stuff not be on the list of used things in the game?

There will be a over abundance of MR to get to 30 eventually. Releasing more remakes of old weapons for new nemesis factions. Modular primaries. More sentient weapons. Operator weapons, maybe paradox only ones. New pointless pets. Tons of potential frames and weapons you can only get through railjack exploration, the ship doesn't need it itself to be basically required for more MR.

This is like asking for their not to be achievements for an expansion, achievement hunters will always want more, normal players will play and maybe take some consideration of achievements and casual players won't care at all except when they stumble across them.

I for one think MR should of course be attached to anything we level up or could be considered as having 'mastered' another aspect of the game, it would be both strange and illogical for there to be no MR to things in Railjack. That being said, I won't worry about it much, I'll play the game as I want to and slowly over time fill in the gaps as I have ever since I reached MR... 12-15 or so? I'm MR25 and feel no urgency to acquire everything but will eventually because I want to know what everything plays like, feels like, does.

I would skip out on many things if there was no MR, but there is and because of it I have found many a new favorite weapon.

Edited by Cloudyvisage

I can understand that.  I dont want parts to give mastery or being locked behind mastery rank. 

I DO, HOWEVER, HOPE THEYRE LOCKED BEHIND RANKING UP YOUR RAILJACK SPECIFIC SKILLS (i forget exactly what theyre called , but you know.. piloting etcetera. Like, how we arent getting that 5th skill to have npcs right away, yeah those.) 

Now this doesn't mean i want it to be treated like mastery where you just fly really close to hydron and soak up escaping affinity like using toasted garlic bread to sop up sghetti sauce. But, rather i hope that through actual play and skill development and resource gathering and management as well as successful runs and enemy devestation, we are able to level up said skill sets which enable use of the various extensions and upgrades.