Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is target group of Railjack?

Atekron

18 minutes ago, Atekron said:

and for that reason DE did made another game mode separated from rest of the game? like PoE, Fortuna and archwing?

a lot of things DE made have a potential, but they don't finish stuff, they get bored and move on to next thing

This is expanding on the tech they have made with open roams, they can't go and update everything at once. Yes they moved forward. Much like how we have parkour 1.0 tilesets still compared to new gas city. And if you had read further, you'd see this is not like other islands. It uses all these systems together for once. Instead of marginalized from it's original concept. Like taxi AW in PoE/Orb.

But railjack can reconnect to even those old islands. It has a better set of tools from past experiments.

Yes, they still need to prove it. But we just won't truely tell if it's unfortunately a bomb for months. 

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Atekron said:

it was worth to make warframe back then, another unknown title with small dev team

One game at a time yes.

But warframe is quite big now. It needs a lot of ppl to work.

If they just release an unkown title with a small dev team it has a really high chance to fail.

2 hours ago, Atekron said:

so, for whom was that update?

it's clearly not for new players, because crafting requirements, grinding time and general complexity of everything associated with Railjack is just horrendous

it's definitely not for players who stop playing this game, because, let's be honest - railjack don't brought anything new, it's just another system completely separated from rest of the game, another archwing, 2.0

and its potentially can aliante players who regularly play warframe, because, again - grind, glitches, and general direction where game heading is rather questionable

Whales as usual, people who will spend money to skip the grind.

• Like 1

For those who like their content varied? It is not for everyone, understandable, some would rather see base game fleshed out still even more and that is perfectly valid wish. But I do think it does tap on a certain type of core audience that wants to have different phasing in their games once in a while and are more accustomed to space flight and vehicular combat games. Is it bad to cater to different audiences? Not necessarily no, as long as the development does not lose sight on what made the formula successful. It might not be everyones cup of tea but then again, what is?

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Like 1

As someone who grew up playing games like Wing Commander and X-Wing, it's absolutely for me.

But as someone already pointed out, more than anything, it's probably for the devs. They're turning Warframe into the game they always wanted it to be. Flying through space, capturing other ships, doing a lot of stuff in between the ground-based missions we've become used to over the years. It may feel disconnected from the rest of the game right now, but that'll change with future updates. I can absolutely understand why it alienates a lot of players, because railjack gameplay is so different when you compare it to the rest of the game. But I love it. Well. Except for constantly having to put out fires, but other than that, I really love it.

The update is for anyone who isn't stuck on the nauseating "ThIs IsN't WaRfRaMe" crap. As surprising as it might be, Warframe is what the developers see for Warframe, which isn't necessarily only what was there at the beginning. The whole story of the game has been about finding out what happened in the past, what did the Orokins do, what really happened in the Void, how Warframes came to be, and things now have taken a strong push in that direction, with potential answers to come from the incoming war with the Sentients, which now we will be able to take to them - or at least meet in the middle - instead of passively waiting in a single solar system for them to come.

If you can't appreciate that the game is evolving to be more than what it was, and that this is the direction they intended to take for a long time, it simply means Warframe might not be for you, because you only wanted more of the same old that wasn't meant to be all there was.

• Like 1

I guess it's for me. I really like crew ships coming out of asteroids belt and sinister music playing while they do that, i also like the challenge and not really fond of popping enemies with one hit. But i didn't play enough to make a definitive conclusion, it's been how many, 2 or 3 days since patch?

I also think that the other side of the spectrum are people who like to kill hordes of enemies fast, and frankly saying, this is what Warframe is and perhaps this is what made Warframe successful, i guess, may be wrong, not an expert, don't trust my word. So i think DE should take those complains about railjack very seriously.

Edited by 32768

It’s the gameplay I hoped for when I joins this game as a Founder back then and so far I’m glad to see that the game is keeping up with my expectations. I hope the fully integrate the new damage numbers and enemy hp to the regular star chart as it is pretty fun to play against these enemies as they pose a threat if you are not paying attention. 

I have a friend who isn’t that great with moving and shooting and less so with moving and shooting at moving targets. Railjack isn’t the mode for him. 

I hope we get missions like: Infiltrate/Spy, Survival, Ambush and Bossfights against special Ships which need good coordination from both the Away Team and the RJ Crew.

With those mission types this mode could easily be the most entertaining mode Warframe had in years.

For me and from the looks of it for my entire clan as well.

A little backstory so you understand who we are.

At some point my clan had 70ish active people in it. We met everyday to do raids, 3 full groups at 7 p.m. met on discord, it wasnt difficult, we knew everything, but it was the most fun i had in wf ever. It was not really about the content, it was all about the meeting, coop experience, sharing builds, ideas, jokes.. We had even a dj for the raids (when we run with newcomers the 8 plate part of the run was with Benny Hill theme, was hilarious, pink energy, max range nyx for the win). After they took out raids.. Well we had nothing to do as a group in wf.. There are like under 10 of us left total, we downgraded. Its an empty shell of what was once a glorious and very active clan and all i considered my friends. We dont recruit, we invite friends only if they want to. We trade for thumper mod not for plat amongst each other and i have over a thousand of them right now. 

Each and everyone of us can solo anything that wf has. Most do solo everything, including things like few hours arbitration interception. We have almost everything wf has to offer and that almost is due to what we want to have. To give you a perspective, not to brag, from last update i already have all kuva weapons and 4 ephemeras (rad, ele, tox, imp - the ones my cat likes visually) and i didn't buy any of that. Most of us are maxed on riven capacity. Some had 100's of prime sets. Those accounts are prolly worth in 100k's of plat (we counted only one for S#&$s and giggles it was 350kp+ only in prime parts). Almost everyone is mr 28, those that are not, are lower cause they didn't care so much about mr they didn't do the test for next rank for years. 

End of backstory. 

Yesterday was the first time since forever that we actually struggled to put everyone that wanted to play wf in a railjack run (yeah 4 spots, 5 people). 

Railjack has not met its full potential yet, its far from even starters, but yeah we are excited for it. Its actually the only thing in wf that is better with a teamplay and is pretty well balanced (you know it when people get excited to deal 12k damage XD). We dont care about grind, time gating, plat gating we only care about the experience and it is fun right now. I really hope they dont screw this up. 

Like some other parts of WF - Railjack isn't intended for new players - I think we all knew that before it released.

What does it bring to the game? Currently just a new starship system to play and get familiarized with - which we know will be further integrated as the New War content moves along. I don't see why it makes 'the direction of the game questionable' at all. If all you want is a corridor/horde shooter - we already have that in spades.

Not everyone is going to like every facet of every game - that's a given - but stop acting like Railjack is entirely useless and unwanted.

6 hours ago, Atekron said:

so, for whom was that update?

it's clearly not for new players, because crafting requirements, grinding time and general complexity of everything associated with Railjack is just horrendous

it's definitely not for players who stop playing this game, because, let's be honest - railjack don't brought anything new, it's just another system completely separated from rest of the game, another archwing, 2.0

and its potentially can aliante players who regularly play warframe, because, again - grind, glitches, and general direction where game heading is rather questionable

I mean you get an AW really early on and can join people who do have a railjack. Vets have the railjack and newbies join the crew as well as gain mods and such for when they get their own RJ.

4 hours ago, Firetempest said:

This is expanding on the tech they have made with open roams, they can't go and update everything at once. Yes they moved forward. Much like how we have parkour 1.0 tilesets still compared to new gas city. And if you had read further, you'd see this is not like other islands. It uses all these systems together for once. Instead of marginalized from it's original concept. Like taxi AW in PoE/Orb.

But railjack can reconnect to even those old islands. It has a better set of tools from past experiments.

Yes, they still need to prove it. But we just won't truely tell if it's unfortunately a bomb for months. 

Even more so, it already does in an experimental sense.

Grineer Galleons/Asteroid ships show they can connect regular tileset gameplay to Railjack gameplay. That alone shows potential to expand old tileset gameplay and gamemodes into Railjack. For example...

"Crew, approaching Galleon. Hm... they're watching for us. Target is too heavily reinforced for a direct assault. Reccomended: leave Railjack, infiltrate, and destroy the reactor." At which point you drop off the Railjack at a nearby spot, and approach via Archwing. "This is not my area of expertise. Cephalon Ordis, if you would" "Of course, Cy! Operator, you need to destroy the reactor. It's a complex system - start by removing the coolant cells." and Ordis guides the mission from there.

Boom, a Railjack mission turned conventional Sabotage. This could be dropped in as an away objective, or could be the primary objective followed by an escape in the railjack after the Grineer do something to inhibit the Railjack's translation, meaning you need to escape from an incoming swarm of crewships and fighters, or some larger vessel that would be problematic to destroy (or, if you do manage to destroy it, you get a big loot drop?)

6 hours ago, K4RN4 said:

It's for the devs, as most things in Warframe are. They make the stuff that they really want to have, even if the players don't care

Way late to the party here, but I was going to say the primary audience is Steve Sinclair. 

I happen to find it entertaining, but it wasn't made for me. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

you could also say the opposite:

Its for new players to look for something else when they are done with core game or just want a change of pace

Its for veterans who quit cause the they get a whole new mode to explore

and it doesnt alienate current players cause its not connected to core gameplay so you can play at your own speed/time.

See?what i am saying is your argument is pointless and can be said about any game mode of any game.

7 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Way late to the party here, but I was going to say the primary audience is Steve Sinclair. 

I happen to find it entertaining, but it wasn't made for me. 

I think he finds more joy in creating than ever playing it. That's how I got with some old games. I'd be making mods all day and only actually played it to make sure it didn't crash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darklord_Tou said:

you could also say the opposite:

Its for new players to look for something else when they are done with core game or just want a change of pace

Its for veterans who quit cause the they get a whole new mode to explore

and it doesnt alienate current players cause its not connected to core gameplay so you can play at your own speed/time.

See?what i am saying is your argument is pointless and can be said about any game mode of any game.

no, dude, sorry but no

systems involved in railjack are co convoluted and unnecessarily complicated that even me with 2000+ playtime hardly understand them

it's not "new", we already had such "new" stuff, separated and compartilize from rest of the game, "open worlds", but they at least was entertain player for longer period of time, because if you look at steam charts you will see that players had enough of railjack already

and they alienate players, because - what the #*!% are you doing DE?!

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's for players like me, who don't mind beta testing the first three levels of their new game mode for a week before the holidays start up and I have to pay attention to family instead of video games

Railjack has fun in it, but only if I consider it a demo. As a full game it would be terrible, so I hope they are able to mix our feedback on with the actual content expansion that is Rising Tide Part 2

In this sense, thanks for beta testing.

I personally not [yet] a fan. I somehow missed the "BOOOM!!!" effect when I've entered. Liked the exit animation, though okay thats cool some more intro will come.. but no nothing else...

I'm not saying that the coop and ship and fight in space part is alien to me. It could be exciting even, but the current iteration missing something. Not sure what...

At the moment it's not for me. Maybe when they give the solo option I will play. It is a very complex system to improve the ship and very high requirements to build .... intimidating as it were and it has not added anything to the game itself. I was very frustrated not being able to play solo .... for me an experience beyond terrible.

8 hours ago, Atekron said:

well it did brought whole new array of mechanics on the side to the main game.

sufficient array of new mechanics to get me back 😉

systems involved in railjack are co convoluted and unnecessarily complicated that even me with 2000+ playtime hardly understand them

Took me about an hour to wrap my head around it..... also I'm not sure if your 2k+h of playtime is really impressing anyone in here - I have that amount myself (altho notably half of it playing with stuff in arsenal/decorating my floor in dojo) and I know a whole array of people with 4k.

because if you look at steam charts you will see that players had enough of railjack already

Oh, oh the mighty steam charts argument 🙂 and I thought that this community have had enough time to grow out of this one.