Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*Spoiler* So does Warframe have aliens now? 0.0

TheArcSet

Up until this point, despite the conspiracy framing and all the unreliable narrators, I thought had a fairly good grasp of Warframe's lore and story.

I even had part of the most recent quest spoiled for me in a lore post I made after the Ropalyst fight, where I pointed out the plot holes in some in-universe-character's conspiracy accusations about the Lotus (or just DE plot holes) and considered her current action/motives.

However, after 6 million credits and 5 days of time-gating I finally got my railjack and because of the cutscene (and the fact that you can only really interact with 4 things in solo), I took a good look at the Reliquary Drive; I studied it, stood on it, wondered if it was a pod for ceyphalon's remains?

Then I turned my camera slightly and ... 

Oh, OH, OH

Well, that is certainly authentic to a medieval reliquary ... .

The question is what creature is that massive finger from and how are they linked to the void and Lua's spirit echo rooms.

Also, if that body part powers the railjack's jumps, does that mean that the orbirter's void jump capabilities are powered a body part too.

Edited by TheArcSet

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Only if you consider the physical manifestation of a different, self-aware, dimension an alien.

Well, I'd consider the fingernails of such am entity pretty alien. Also, I'd say this casts a bit of doubt on that theory.

The void is a spacial dimension, but these extremities were removed from inside it, not from it.

Edited by TheArcSet

Well... I have yet to see a truly alien thing that was not created, intentionally or not, by any of the factions in-game. As for the *entity*... Who knows... Could even be some kind of a super-cephalon- AI-prototype-thingy that somehow escaped into the cosmos and is now an thing on it's own league.

My point is that we need to delve more into the man in the wall to find out more about him, and what he truly is. But currently, from my observation, I see him as something "created" by/in the origin system, despite not knowing exactly what there is to it.

• Like 1

Although this is probably far from being a definitive answer to the pod's mystery, there's one thing we need to keep in mind:

The Orokin were masters of genetics. There's hardly anything in the Origin System that they did not alter, or outright engineer from scratch in their gene forges.
They designed entire biospheres, I mean, look at Venus for example. 👀

"I never thought, in all my wildest imaginings, I would behold a subspecies crafted in the gene forges of the Orokin themselves. But here it is." -- The Business

Who knows, maybe the giant finger in the pod was the product of one such design project.
...maybe its form is a play on its function, to point us in the right direction on our travels. ^^
(okay I was joking with those last two lines there)

Edited by Aldrr
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You know, here’s a thing that I don’t think I have ever seen raised either here or on the reddit:

What happened to the life forms (if any) in Tau when the proto-Sentient terraformers arrived?

Having your planet's environment forcefully changed to suit another species would probably result in being mega dead.

• Like 3

Alien , sure , depends on your definition on Aliens though.

Anything that is not from the world we currently are in physical or otherwise? yes.

A different planet? hah considering we traverse so many planets , that is kinda moot.

Something that cannot be classified in conventional means? most likely - the Tenno themselves are rather Alien.

It's a personal message to the player base from DE.

Also, if you notice, when you activate the Reliquary Drive and "Hey Kiddo" appears and waves at you, the index finger of the hand it waves at you is bent over so it appears to be missing.

A little food for thought there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Having your planet's environment forcefully changed to suit another species would probably result in being mega dead.

When regular dead is insufficient.

3 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

It's a personal message to the player base from DE.

Also, if you notice, when you activate the Reliquary Drive and "Hey Kiddo" appears and waves at you, the index finger of the hand it waves at you is bent over so it appears to be missing.

A little food for thought there.

Yeah I was kicking myself, because I was "What a weird hand gesture." Then realized it had folded the finger down to show it was definitely its.

• Like 1

Well, we've Balor Fomorian, so why not Benandonner's magic finger? 

Gather around kids, Unca Guz's telling stories again.... 

It's said that the Giant's Causeway was built by a gentle giant, Fionn MacCumhain, or Finn McCool. Even legend, though, has its contrasting accounts. In one tale, Finn was said to be in love with a lady giant who lived on the Scottish island of Staffa, and that he built the Causeway in order to safely bring her home to Ireland. In fact, there's a similar though smaller collection of the strange columns on Staffa's coastline, and geologically, Ireland and Scotland were once much closer than they are today.

The other legend says that Finn built the Causeway due to an ongoing argument with a Scottish giant named Benandonner who could not swim. In an argument one day, while they were shouting at each other over the Sea of Moyle, Finn took a clump of earth and flung it at his enemy. The land fell in the sea and became the Isle of Man, while the huge hole left in Ireland became Lough Neagh, the largest lake in the British Isles.

As the arguments continued, Finn decided to build the Causeway in order to make it easy for Benandonner to come and fight him. After so much hard work, Finn was exhausted and he fell asleep.

Here again, there are different versions of the same story.

Oonagh was Finn’s wife. When she heard the sound of thunderous footsteps, she knew it was Brenandonner come to fight Finn. Oonagh took one look at the gigantic visitor on her doorstep and realised this was a battle Finn could never win. She threw a blanket over her sleeping husband and stuck a bonnet on his head. There was no possible way Finn could defeat Benandonner for he was too small.

Where's Finn?" roared Benandonner. "Shusha, shusha", whispered OOnagh - "You'll wake the wee one!" Benandonner looked at the snoring Finn. His jaw dropped 10 feet. If the child was that hefty, what size would the father be? Benandonner wasn't sticking around to find out. He ran like the wind, destroying part of the Causeway in his wake so Finn could not pursue him.

The other story says that Benandonner had arranged to fight Finn but when he got to Finn's house , Finn's wife said he had been delayed. To pass the time, the Scottish giant decided to play with the baby (who was actually Finn in disguise). Finn promptly bit off Bennandonner's magic middle finger. Finn knew that this would cause caused the Scottish giant to lose his strength. Brenandonner roared in pain and when he saw that his magic middle finger was gone he ran back to Scotland, howling, never to be seen in Antrim again.

(Lightly adapted from : https://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/1Kids/Causeway.html  )

So... Giant  magical finger.... Totally plausible. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well... I have yet to see a truly alien thing that was not created, intentionally or not, by any of the factions in-game. As for the *entity*... Who knows... Could even be some kind of a super-cephalon- AI-prototype-thingy that somehow escaped into the cosmos and is now an thing on it's own league.

My point is that we need to delve more into the man in the wall to find out more about him, and what he truly is. But currently, from my observation, I see him as something "created" by/in the origin system, despite not knowing exactly what there is to it.

Personally, I'd see him more as shaped or deriving his/it's form from the orokin/tenno.
Any reference to him has been to 'alien otherness' or devilry.

Edited by TheArcSet

19 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

Although this is probably far from being a definitive answer to the pod's mystery, there's one thing we need to keep in mind:

The Orokin were masters of genetics. There's hardly anything in the Origin System that they did not alter, or outright engineer from scratch in their gene forges.
They designed entire biospheres, I mean, look at Venus for example. 👀

Who knows, maybe the giant finger in the pod was the product of one such design project.
...maybe its form is a play on its function, to point us in the right direction on our travels. ^^
(okay I was joking with those last two lines there)

Possible, but the fact that it's an actual finger, complete with nail, kind of implies it was removed rather than grown; you engineer things for a reason  and it seems rather unlikely that a giant finger was the perfect shape to channel a void key.

In addition to the above posts pointing out that is its entirely plausible that the finger is the result, or merely the remains of the result, of some Orokin genetic experiments, there is one point to consider:

It is clearly, blatantly a giant-sized human finger. I refuse to even entertain the thought that DE would be so lazy and uncreative as to ever make aliens that are just humans with rubber foreheads or whatever. No. If we ever get to see aliens in the game, I am certain they will be vastly  different from us, maybe even more so than the Sentients already are.

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Alien , sure , depends on your definition on Aliens though.

Anything that is not from the world we currently are in physical or otherwise? yes.

A different planet? hah considering we traverse so many planets , that is kinda moot.

Something that cannot be classified in conventional means? most likely - the Tenno themselves are rather Alien.

A good point. Here though what I was going for was, not human or originating from humans, which, if true, would be a first confirmation for Warframe, as even the entity seems to base it's illusions off humans.

The finger is stabilizing a void bubble. The void being a different dimension is not bound to the same rules and scaling as our current one. So, its entirely possible that finger is a normal sized human finger should that bubble destabilize.

We will likely get a clue in Duviri.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

The question is what creature is that massive finger from and how are they linked to the void and Lua's spirit echo rooms.

Also, if that body part powers the railjack's jumps, does that mean that the orbirter's void jump capabilities are powered a body part too.

It's the Chaos God Tzeentch, he's on loan from Warhammer 40k. Basically DE have finally (and by finally I mean two years ago when Harrow was added) dropped all pretense that the Void is just the Warp