Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Warframe community is not toxic" they said...

Olematon.Mies

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'd be surprised if there isn't something else at play then.

Maybe it is something I'm doing unconsciously, but the only thing I can point out is the fact that I do not follow the meta. Other than that, maybe it's my somewhat recent feedback I gave about knockdowns and how that system can be improved.

Just my two cents on what's been said in this thread, also MR28 here, this game's community is one of the best I've been in, we have our bad apples, but seems on average FAR better than most of the other games I've played.

And I'm also for the removal of self damage, movement is super sporadic in this game, the ability for your other allies/pets as well as enemies to suddenly pop in front of your face makes it super punishing and annoying to use, for the most part I just don't use self damage weapons, unless I'm specifically using a Warframe to negate self damage (Nyx 4, Revenant 2), and even then it's just to play with something different from what I usually do, and self damage just seems all that much sillier, as far as being afraid that the removal of self damage "encourages a different playstyle", so what? There's already plenty of equally (or usually, more) effective weapons without self damage, we just use those instead most of the time these days.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

If it's been an unpleasant experience I don't see any reason to make it MORE unpleasant...

As a community if it was unpleasant, chances are people did things incorrectly to drag it out and cause issues. We should be offering to help each other. As a society... F off mate. lol jk

vor 3 Stunden schrieb LewdInspector:

"Warframe community is friendly" they said. And yet I get harassed on a regular basis for being mr28 and using things that people don't consider to be meta, such as a buffer Saryn instead of the typical spore spam.

Well excuse me Tim for having found something more enjoyable to play than what is the current meta. You would be correct in saying that it is not as effective as the meta, but fek you Tim I like it. You don't see me judging low mr players for not dishing out the most damage and kills, what gives you the right to judge me?

/vent

As a long time Atlas and now Atlas Prime player I am used to "bring the meta" complaints although I do perfectly fine for the team. I do one of two things when ppl write stuff like that chat. Ignore player or answer "u chose pub deal with it".

I am only MR27 but I have given up on having to explain why it is okay to have fun playing a video game.

Edited by k05h

2 hours ago, dreadgame said:

Fight fire with fire. Ignoring them doesn't work anymore. Be toxic back.

What do you mean? ignoring 100% works. What are they gonna do? track you down and knock on your door just to yell some more? Can't be effected by people being clowns if you're not even listening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LewdInspector said:

You would be surprised to see how frequent it is for me. Just because it does not happen to you doesn't mean it is not happening to someone else.

It's fascinating to see people blaming you in here, rather than acknowledge reality; Warframe has a very toxic community.

I suppose denial and shifted blame is easier.

3 hours ago, LewdInspector said:

"Warframe community is friendly" they said. And yet I get harassed on a regular basis for being mr28 and using things that people don't consider to be meta, such as a buffer Saryn instead of the typical spore spam.

Compared to most online games, WF is friendly. Very friendly. 

I often bring all sorts of "path less taken" stuff to missions. It does depend on the mission and its objectives--I do want to get things done. I can't remember the last time anyone said anything to me, much less pitched a fit over warframe or weapon choice. 

If you want to see toxic, go play some WarGaming or Blizzard games. We'll await you here. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

It's fascinating to see people blaming you in here, rather than acknowledge reality; Warframe has a very toxic community.

I suppose denial and shifted blame is easier.

Are we playing the same game? I've got about 1300 hours on PS4 and I've ran into maybe 5 people that were truly toxic. 

I came here from Overwatch, a wonderful game (imo) that definitely started to get bad near the end; I've seen nothing even close on WF.

edit- if everywhere you go smells like S#&$...

Edited by (PS4)death404

53 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

It's fascinating to see people blaming you in here

So far as I can see, only two people have suggested that the fault may not lie with everyone else. This is the internet, you need to keep an open mind and consider other possibilities, to take everything at face value is irrational.

Misconstruing other's posts, deliberately, and exaggerating their quantity is "toxic" behaviour. OP is fine, there's no witch hunt calling them a liar and throwing accusations around. Stirring the pot is of no benefit to anyone.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

edit- if everywhere you go smells like S#&$...

I don't engage with the chat, I merely observe - and if you go looking at the update threads; maaaany PS4 players are incredibly toxic. 

And in-game, 7/10 random games have someone AFK, I'd say half of those get very aggressive if you point out they're AFK'ing - and then there's the people who like I said; get mad you don't maximise your kit to the node you're on (e.g. only use melee on Akkad)

That's not even bringing up the amount of people who has nazi references or very racist names (PSN or their companions).

This is the only online game I've ever played where I've to use the report feature frequently - and if you think I'm to blame for the above, then you might need to reconsider how you approach these things.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

I usually try and type 'GG' in the chat after a mission, especially if I've genuinely enjoyed the run.

I love it when a new prime is released and we do radshares. Even if we don't get the item we wanted from them I'll still ocasionally say "gg", and sometimes I get answers that range from "gg lol", "wtf gg", "how gg we didn't get nuffin' " or plain "f u". Truly admirable how people sometimes can't handle rng and are unable to have a "good game" nonetheless.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

8 hours ago, LewdInspector said:

Well excuse me Tim for having found something more enjoyable to play than what is the current meta. You would be correct in saying that it is not as effective as the meta, but fek you Tim I like it. You don't see me judging low mr players for not dishing out the most damage and kills, what gives you the right to judge me?

/vent

We were friendly, four years ago. 

8 hours ago, LewdInspector said:

/vent

"insert game here" is toxic, just check the forums

1 minute ago, LewdInspector said:

Yes, let me just play solo when the game was intended to be played with others, sure. I'll just go ahead and be a loner then.

Or get some friends on it instead of putting hope in randoms. 

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." 

A brief example from most games online:

"Gee I hope my random team mates I don't know are intellectual and good players."

*rapid fire N word commences*

6 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I don't engage with the chat, I merely observe - and if you go looking at the update threads; maaaany PS4 players are incredibly toxic. 

And in-game, 7/10 random games have someone AFK, I'd say half of those get very aggressive if you point out they're AFK'ing - and then there's the people who like I said; get mad you don't maximise your kit to the node you're on (e.g. only use melee on Akkad)

That's not even bringing up the amount of people who has nazi references or very racist names (PSN or their companions).

This is the only online game I've ever played where I've to use the report feature frequently - and if you think I'm to blame for the above, then you might need to reconsider how you approach these things.

I've truly not seen any of these things more than a couple times, again, in many hours of playtime.

I also hate afkers and call them out; 7/10 games? Absolutely not even close to my experience. Same with the racist etc names... I've seen exactly one on a zaw.

I dunno man.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I've truly not seen any of these things more than a couple times, again, in many hours of playtime.

I also hate afkers and call them out; 7/10 games? Absolutely not even close to my experience. Same with the racist etc names... I've seen exactly one on a zaw.

I dunno man.

The AFKing is so bad I wouldn't believe it myself unless I was there.

It ranges from "I'm a Saryn, why the **** do  you care if I AFK?", people saying they're busy with something else, to someone literally using awful language in chat and telling me to plug in a headset if I want to fight.

To make it clear; I don't use chat, but if someone is obnoxiously AFKing, I write a simple "Don't exhaust yourself" or "Let me know if you find something on that wall you've been looking at."

However, I'll bring up THE WORST situation I've run into and why I only solo Empyrean...

I joined a random squad for Emprean. I've maxed my own Railjack and just need some avionics, so I relax and join squads since I assumed Veil and to some extent late Saturn was at least dedicated people.

I didn't notice anything unusual, I was doing my AW thing, when the host said "help on ship", I returned and helped, noticed he was at the far back at the forge - not moving at all, but spawned some specters. I went out agian. and saw he died - thought to myself "he is AFK isn't he..."

I returned when everything in the mission was done, and he was dead in the exact same spot I saw him, not said a single word since "help on ship", his specters ran about.

We waited for him to return and get us to a dojo. 10min passed; one guy left, I grew impatient and made it clear in chat; if you're not back soon, I'll blow up your Railjack."

20min went by total, and  the third guy who still remained was also just waiting at navigation, we both knew he was not coming back to send us to the dojo and I said "I'm sorry, but if we don't get our rewards as we're forced to quit - he ain't getting ****."

I blew up his Railjack by finding small turrets around, slamming it into stuff and have boarding parties go wild.

I regret nothing and I'll never forget that happened.

So that's why I get annoyed when people tell me "Oh the community is amazing, never had any issue!!!" Empyrean had been out for like two weeks when it happened, and we already had to deal with that kind of people?

And on the topic of the bad names.. A friend and I play together during weekends, and roughly.. I want to say twice a month (so roughly 1 every 12 hour), some idiot has a nazi-related PSN or named their companions something like it. And some of them use deep cuts of horrifying references

I live in Denmark (also why I know more references, as it's a huge focus for history studies here), so maybe time zones matters - I wouldn't know. But I'll straight-up leave a squad when I see it and write a report as the people who name themselves such things shouldn't be allowed to use the online services.

• Like 1