The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.12 + 27.0.12.1

[DE]Megan

7 hours ago, SazerTarious said:

Thanks for the Ephemera change, but still that shouldn't have been an rng item in the first place considering you guys told us in a dev stream that Ephemera's will be a challenge based items, someone messed up really bad at DE.

I agree, but that's hardly anything new that "someone messed up" just now.  It's more like a promise they are only just now finally starting to deliver on.

We were told ephemera would be challenge-based, but all the original releases were extremely low drop rates (often ~1%) from time-consuming and stultifying tasks.  Then a whole bunch were released that were purely promotional and related to out-of-game actions (like Lotus Ephemera, Fae Path, etc.) or basic progression that requires little skill or effort (Nightwave's Eidolon and Spore Ephemera).  To date, this is the first ephemera that actually rewards interaction with high-level content, albeit only after patching.  Prior to this, we were lucky if an ephemera encouraged any sort of engagement with game content, regardless of level.  It was almost entirely RNG or out-of-game promotion.

I'm just glad this is finally a step in the right direction, and we really should see this sort of unlocking system provided with greater frequency in the future.  It would be a massive improvement for overall game health.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Improved robustness of a script interface to try to avoid scripts breaking if you switched to your Operator at the wrong time.
  •  

A small patch note that I think (hope) might actually be a pretty big deal since many issues in this game for years have been caused by the timing of going in and out of Operator. Bugs on the plains during eidolon fights, bugs in (E)SO and now bugs in RJ missions. 

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Vengeful Charge Ephemera providing constant light source for Mirage's Eclipse, resulting in a cosmetic granting the light buff to remain 99% of the time.

Well No more Eidolon One shot

I'm pretty sure if Eclipse becomes a toggle tomorrow, it would come with a trade-off that would render the skill less powerful, like 50% nerf or something like that.

Edit : I use Sancti Castanas with + Status chance and Duration to get the buff but lately, i'm testing Garuda, the tests are...ok (need more practice).

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Controller Fixes:

• Fixed inability to use any Piloting maneuvers due to left stick being bound to zoom, effectively ignoring callouts in Intrinsic details screen.
  • Fixed the Upgrade screen for Avionics in the Dry Dock missing button callouts for Upgrading when using a controller.
  • Fixed LTHUMB button worked to activate the Search box even when the picker wasn't visible in the Avionics screen.
  • Fixed the Left/Right bumpers not functioning in the Avionics Upgrade Screen.
  • Fixed the Sort menu not working in any of the Avionics screens.
  • Fixed becoming stuck in the Avionics screen and having to restart the game.
  • Fixed inability to exit the Avionic Grid Upgrade screen if you place your virtual cursor over a Grid.

While the avionics screen looks to be working well, the Piloting maneuvers are still broken.  Vector can only be done downwards, and the left bumper cannot be rebound due to a conflict with "Melee stance actions".

9 hours ago, Nonqui said:

wukong nerf when

why would you want to nerf something that doesnt affect anyone but the wukong in a PVE game? if anything, I think the 3rd ability is still kind of weak when it comes to doing damage against reasonably high level enemies (+60ish)

sincerely thank you SO much for these bug fixes. after the past couple months im at least as happy reading through pages of fixes to issues i regularly encounter as i would be reading through notes for new and coming content. i don't usually post on patch notes but seriously thanks a bunch. 😊😄

Thanks for this DE. Glad you're seeing the potential of "token based reward choosing". especially with the hopefully upcoming Lich QoL stuff.

Please consider doing this for other ephemera and game modes with ultra grindy cosmetic rewards in their tables like maybe ESO. take it's scenes and emphemera and stick them in a simaris based trader for helping him with his research gotten slowly from normal SO and increased in ESO, then greatly increase rates of other stuff like the weapon parts or focus shards to fill the space.

it was pointed out several times ephemera were meant to be challenge/merit based, so this would be a good step.

As another suggestion to it, perhaps allow sentient shards be used to get shedu parts also? Allow them to still drop at the rate current, so they can be gotten through luck and perseverance for happy luck, but also let several runs of nothing still amount to something tangible that someone with less luck (or the wrong luck, in the case of duplicates) can still turn in for the reward after enough tries (I'd think 5-10 a piece for shedu each part also?).

The shedu parts among other things which could be in there could entice people to keep doing the missions for parts to sell to others for those so inclined long after they collect their ephemera and scenes after however many runs.

46 minutes ago, Darkmega18 said:

Thanks for this DE. Glad you're seeing the potential of "token based reward choosing". especially with the hopefully upcoming Lich QoL stuff.

Please consider doing this for other ephemera and game modes with ultra grindy cosmetic rewards in their tables like maybe ESO. take it's scenes and emphemera and stick them in a simaris based trader for helping him with his research gotten slowly from normal SO and increased in ESO, then greatly increase rates of other stuff like the weapon parts or focus shards to fill the space.

it was pointed out several times ephemera were meant to be challenge/merit based, so this would be a good step.

As another suggestion to it, perhaps allow sentient shards be used to get shedu parts also? Allow them to still drop at the rate current, so they can be gotten through luck and perseverance for happy luck, but also let several runs of nothing still amount to something tangible that someone with less luck (or the wrong luck, in the case of duplicates) can still turn in for the reward after enough tries (I'd think 5-10 a piece for shedu each part also?).

The shedu parts among other things which could be in there could entice people to keep doing the missions for parts to sell to others for those so inclined long after they collect their ephemera and scenes after however many runs.

This entire post... ALL OF IT.  My god this.

Archived