Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How did we fight against the sentients?

JackHargreav

Since we got the new tileset I was wondering how exactly did we fight the sentients when a lvl 90 unit with It's adaptation is really tanky.

The tenno were put into those pods so they couldn't strip the sentients' adaptation.

Even in the Erra quest we see mag prime and Excal prime fight but there is no tenno there.

On top of that Mirage supposedly was able rip sentient units apart. Which confuses me even more.

Edited by JackHargreav

29 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Since we got the new tileset I was wondering how exactly did we fight the sentients when a lvl 90 unit with It's adaptation is really tanky.

using the time-honoured traditional strategy of any co-op game; group up and hit it until it dies!

perhaps the ones in the old war were much lower level? it looks like the Sentients were trying to overwhelm the Empire with sheer numbers, rather than making individually tanky units. so it wouldn't matter if they were easy to kill, there would be another dozen around the next corner; same kind of tactics the Grineer use with Lancers, they aren't strong, but group enough together and they start becoming a problem.

of course, now we have operators and Paracesis, we have a major advantage in close combat, though Sentients are still very high-damage units, and have the bigger numbers. I really look forward to the full version of the Sentient Tileset, where we could be fighting larger amounts of the than ever before!

Well the erra quest also shows us back then lotus flew around with a bunch of zombie like tenno she used as laser guns.

Part of the lore of the game is back then we were stronger.  Warframes were in their prime/original forms which were stronger than the copies that followed.  And a fully modified Warframe with a full set of fully modded weapons can, even now, obligate armies of sentients even without transference.

Plus there's some suggestion that us winning wasnpart of the sentient plan at the time, so that the orokin could be caught off guard and obliterated by the tenno, then lotus screwed up on her last part of the mission either because she loved the tenno or ballas reprogrammed her to think she did.

• Like 1

We had help from a traitor. 

And whatever their souls are - which would fall into one of your conundrums of philosophy - they have physical shells. Hit them with enough hard objects accelerated to very high speeds and they break, adaptation or no.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Same way we fought first sentients during Second Dream era - by mixing and matching damage types, or outright one-shotting them. Even without raw void energy, warframes are still much more suited to fight them than any normal army. Being immortal is a neat bonus on its own.

I'd say, in the lore, the Warframes have all kinds of primed mods that we don't have access to. Like Prime Serration, Prime Split Chamber, Prime Blunderbuss, Prime Organ Shatter, Prime Blood Rush, Prime Condition Overload, Orokin had all kinds of stuff that have been lost over time. Didn't strip the sentiments resistance, but through sheer brute power I think. I think Amps are a, new thing, that wasn't around during the Orokin times. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Daily goddamn reminder LORE =/= GAMEPLAY.

Yeah but you know?

After you hear how the absolute squishyest frame (mirage) fights off sentient after sentient like some god, you kind of start wondering.

Especially after the erra quest. Mag just slashed that Sentient unit with an  Orthos prime. Just one slam attack. I too want to that - without the Paracesis.

Uh, this kind of cuts to the core of why the Tenno were put into transference(and also why focus was developed). These things werent meant to be weaponized but to help the Tenno keep their psychological Shadow(Wally) suppressed. The Shadow, which we'll most likely get back into contact with for real, is what really ends up causing the Tenno to gain sentient obliterating powers. At least according to Natah.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

squishyest frame

Game mechanic. There is no such thing as "squishy" in-universe. All warframes are built from the same infested flesh, so their durability should be the same.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

fights off sentient after sentient like some god

Lore. In game we can't do certain things, because they would be imbalanced, at the same time, we can do things that in-universe would be impossible, because that would break continuity (farming bosses).

How is it hard to understand? It's not that there isn't an answer to your question. It's that your question is flawed from the beginning, as it is based around the supposition that you can compare lore and gameplay equally (which you simply can't). It's based around that mistake. You shouldn't be even asking it. In layman's terms you're comparing apples to rocks (not even oranges, rocks). There is no point for the comparison you're trying to make.

Here's the ONLY proper answer to your question:

Gameplay =/= In-universe stuff

Crunch =/= Fluff

Game mechanic =/= Lore

Lore =/= Game mechanic

Anything else is irrelevant.

Edited by HugintheCrow

56 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Uh, this kind of cuts to the core of why the Tenno were put into transference(and also why focus was developed). These things werent meant to be weaponized but to help the Tenno keep their psychological Shadow(Wally) suppressed. The Shadow, which we'll most likely get back into contact with for real, is what really ends up causing the Tenno to gain sentient obliterating powers. At least according to Natah.

I'm liking this idea.

24 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Game mechanic. There is no such thing as "squishy" in-universe. All warframes are built from the same infested flesh, so their durability should be the same.

Lore. In game we can't do certain things, becasue they would be imbalanced, at the same time, we can do things that in-universe would be impossible, because that would break continuity (farming bosses).

How is it hard to understand? It's not that there isn't an answer to your question. It's that your question is flawed from the beginning, as it is based around the supposition that you can compare lore and gameplay equally (which you simply can't). It's based around that mistake. You shouldn't be even asking it. In layman's terms you're comparing apples to rocks (not even oranges, rocks). There is no point for the comparison you're trying to make.

Here's the ONLY proper answer to your question:

Anything else is irrelevant.

I get that but there is still a big gap between the story and the gameplay.

I understand that there have to limitations but with the sentients this seems weird.

Usually if the story says something, that's reflected in the gameplay in some way. In wraframe that's not always the case.

In the new trailer the tenno does what the tenno actually can do in game. You can easily demolish thousands of grineer and blow up ships in one shot.

The sentients on the other hand seem to be weak against the frames in the story, yet they are powerful in game.

At least the ones on the ships.

And actually I would accept the reasoning thar robotwars7 used. As in the old sentients we fought were just low level trash.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

I'm liking this idea.

I mean it's more than an idea.

Spoiler

I'm pretty certain the MitW is based on Jung's shadow. Its a Jeckyll/Mr Hyde kind of deal. It'd explain why Ballas called Tenno devils all the time contrary to what we were told about them by Lotus. The source of power for the Tenno's Shadow is strong emotions, desires and fears. The stronger the emotions the more powerful the Tenno, but the less stable they also are. Rell couldn't control his emotions due to his condition, and the fact that he sealed himself away for centuries. The donda helped him keep his emotions in check and the shadow at bay, and when we took it, Rell got anxious and the shadow took over.

Teshin during WW said: " Margulis lied to you, a lie of omission. She did not cure the Zariman children - she erased them."

Sounds to me like Margulis deliberately caused amnesia in the Tenno and made them forget about their traumatic past, so the Shadow had no way of taking over. It'd explain why we keep hearing the MitWs voice during the quest as the Tenno uncover more about their.

Also, I'm quite certain Hunhow calling Stalker Shadow isn't just for edginess reasons, but hints at what happened to his Operator. Hate, Dread and Despair are emotions, strong ones.

18 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I mean it's more than an idea.

Hide contents

I'm pretty certain the MitW is based on Jung's shadow. Its a Jeckyll/Mr Hyde kind of deal. It'd explain why Ballas called Tenno devils all the time contrary to what we were told about them by Lotus. The source of power for the Tenno's Shadow is strong emotions, desires and fears. The stronger the emotions the more powerful the Tenno, but the less stable they also are. Rell couldn't control his emotions due to his condition, and the fact that he sealed himself away for centuries. The donda helped him keep his emotions in check and the shadow at bay, and when we took it, Rell got anxious and the shadow took over.

Teshin during WW said: " Margulis lied to you, a lie of omission. She did not cure the Zariman children - she erased them."

Sounds to me like Margulis deliberately caused amnesia in the Tenno and made them forget about their traumatic past, so the Shadow had no way of taking over. It'd explain why we keep hearing the MitWs voice during the quest as the Tenno uncover more about their.

Also, I'm quite certain Hunhow calling Stalker Shadow isn't just for edginess reasons, but hints at what happened to his Operator. Hate, Dread and Despair are emotions, strong ones.

This explains a lot.

Especially what Margulis said: "This will stop the voices from taking hold. You will have to dream, my angel..."

I was wondering what voices she was talking about because our tenno seemed completely fine.

• Like 1