Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How did we fight against the sentients?

JackHargreav

4 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

you fight with a crappy prime weapon and a crappy prime frame in a cutscene where they magicly get better then they are in reality.

Yeah because we can just use a crap prime weapon like Excal did in the trailer against a lvl90 sentient. Oh we can't. But I guess the Orthos prime can one shot a sentient like that... Nope.

But the Mirage quest is also there. Mirage is the least likely to tear sentients to pieces yet in her quest we hear her do that.

It takes a while for them to adapt resistances and if you hit them hard enough they die just like any other enemy. 

Also we know that the Orokin had void bombs, according to the Gara lore. It seems that the sentients were at least occasionally linked and the void bomb made use of that fact to take down the distributed forces. 

Also Hunhow's interaction with Natah, gave me the impression that he intentionally threw the fight to allow her to successfully perform a palace coup as it were. 

We know that we were better than the elite Dax warriors, and that they were a bit resentful of that fact from some of the Simaris lore. 

8 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I mean it's more than an idea.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty certain the MitW is based on Jung's shadow. Its a Jeckyll/Mr Hyde kind of deal. It'd explain why Ballas called Tenno devils all the time contrary to what we were told about them by Lotus. The source of power for the Tenno's Shadow is strong emotions, desires and fears. The stronger the emotions the more powerful the Tenno, but the less stable they also are. Rell couldn't control his emotions due to his condition, and the fact that he sealed himself away for centuries. The donda helped him keep his emotions in check and the shadow at bay, and when we took it, Rell got anxious and the shadow took over.

Teshin during WW said: " Margulis lied to you, a lie of omission. She did not cure the Zariman children - she erased them."

Sounds to me like Margulis deliberately caused amnesia in the Tenno and made them forget about their traumatic past, so the Shadow had no way of taking over. It'd explain why we keep hearing the MitWs voice during the quest as the Tenno uncover more about their.

Also, I'm quite certain Hunhow calling Stalker Shadow isn't just for edginess reasons, but hints at what happened to his Operator. Hate, Dread and Despair are emotions, strong ones.

Oooooh , it could very nicely tie into the morality compass or whatever thats been mostly a cosmetic so far.

15 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I get that but there is still a big gap between the story and the gameplay.

There has to be, we're incredibly powerful in-game (I'm sure you realize that). If lore reflected that fully, we would have completely won already. There wouldn't be any one left to defeat and you'd have to close the game, cause it would be finished.

Because back in the day we were godly powerful space ninjas we could sneeze and hoards of our enemies would fall.

But then our ranks were infiltrated by those from other game systems and they cried out for increased difficulty.

Now we are just destiny system rejects.

Edited by Aesthier

On 2020-02-01 at 9:43 AM, JackHargreav said:

Yeah but you know?

After you hear how the absolute squishyest frame (mirage) fights off sentient after sentient like some god, you kind of start wondering.

Especially after the erra quest. Mag just slashed that Sentient unit with an  Orthos prime. Just one slam attack. I too want to that - without the Paracesis.

Mirage>press 3>step in shadow>where'd she go?>how come I can't hit her?>why is she not dying?

On 2020-02-01 at 3:13 AM, Drachnyn said:

Lore and gameplay usually dont align 100%. In lore the warframes are much stronger than what we have now.

This. The devs artificially inflated Railjack enemy HP to try and slow us down. While standard Grineer have a base HP of 150 Cloned Flesh (9,650 at level 80) which makes a decent amount of sense with the lore, Railjack Grineer have a base HP of 2,500 Corpus Flesh (over 200,000 at level 80) and is very obviously a gameplay decision

On 2020-02-01 at 5:41 AM, JackHargreav said:

Since we got the new tileset I was wondering how exactly did we fight the sentients when a lvl 90 unit with It's adaptation is really tanky.

The tenno were put into those pods so they couldn't strip the sentients' adaptation.

Even in the Erra quest we see mag prime and Excal prime fight but there is no tenno there.

On top of that Mirage supposedly was able rip sentient units apart. Which confuses me even more.

Game play wise, I fought level 100 sentient before (Lua level 5 Kuva). They are no different than anything else. Well decked melee weapon, and go to town. They build adaption, use Tenno to remove it. And done. They are kinda like the kuva guardian, just a bit stronger.

Lore wise, it is not meant to be taken super literally. 

On 2020-02-01 at 4:41 AM, JackHargreav said:

Since we got the new tileset I was wondering how exactly did we fight the sentients when a lvl 90 unit with It's adaptation is really tanky.

The tenno were put into those pods so they couldn't strip the sentients' adaptation.

Even in the Erra quest we see mag prime and Excal prime fight but there is no tenno there.

On top of that Mirage supposedly was able to rip sentient units apart. Which confuses me even more.

Okay, this may not be correct at all... But is my opinion.

Do you know how some Warframe where tailored for the Tenno and even some Tenno choose to integrate themselves with there Warframe... I think this is the status mirage had....

In the quest mirage is treated as an entity, not a tool, the best i can assume of this is if she was just a frame, we wouldn't be dealing with a loss but just having to recuperate the frame and make it again.

Limbo is another one of this circumstance of another warframe treated as  mirage in the quest like an individual that is actually experimenting.

And Harrow and is tenno is an example of a warframe and tenno that have fully integrated themselves together in some method.

I think mirage is both of this things, and by doing this a Warframe & Tenno is able to manifest Void energy in is attacks making does adaptation be cleansed and also weakening the sentient as now the Warframe power will take effect against the sentient who would normally resist it.

Remove the sentient ability to adapt and expose them to the flaw of weakness they have for there body, we have a decent weakness that will let a warframe destroy sentient.... 

Now i want to clarify the sentient we fight as of current are parts of a sentient not necessarily the full consider sentient.

Maybe what Mirage was fighting where sentient humanoid body...not parts of the huge sentient like hunhow that be roaming around Lua or the eidolons from the plains. 

Edited by Leavith

What is this meme with Mirage being weak?  She has like 90% damage reduction, or like +600 something percent weapon damage.  She's like on par with Chroma being able to take sentients out...

Plus on the 'lore' side of things, it was the middle of a WAR with the sentients, of course they developed the best ways to fight them, they likely went into battles KNOWING they had to frequently swap damage types to kill them, or went in squads so they could overwhelm them with fire from many Warframes with different damage types.

Edited by Tekkarath

Sentients couldn’t adapt to old school guns and melee weapons, it’s in the lore. So, a braton modded for damage tore right through them without any additional tricks.

Why they can adapt to the gun and blade now is a mystery. Don’t even know if it’s a gameplay thing or if there is a lore reason.

From what I saw, the reason of why we defeated the sentients back in the old war is because we used a first hand equipment, I mean, the weapons and warframes were the original ones, that means they were a lot stronger of what we have now, we have those weapons and warframes but they are just a copy of the oringinal meaning it will never reach the full potential at least until we remember how the orokin crafted the weapons.

''Once thought lost to the ages, attempts to reengineer the Burston Prime never fully replicated this weapon's power and agility.'' - Actual Burston Prime description.

3 hours ago, Tekkarath said:

What is this meme with Mirage being weak?  She has like 90% damage reduction, or like +600 something percent weapon damage.  She's like on par with Chroma being able to take sentients out...

I think because how goofy her Eclipse works in specific Lightning.