The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Got You Into Warframe?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Just interested on ppl first thoughts when they played Warframe for the first time. I still remember the first day I downloaded it. I worked at 6 flags & I was saving up money for a Xbox One. I finally got one. I was browsing through the Xbox store to see what could interest me (I used to own a 360 & played Borderlands 2 constantly) 

I came across Warframe. Different characters with abilities & weaponry? Heck yeah I’ll give it a try. Downloaded it & man o man I was so lost . I used to sell my cores because I thought they served no purpose. Lol I thought differently built frames can only wield certain melee weapons like Rhino can wield the Gram & someone like Mag wouldn’t. Lol I thought helicopting was awesome. Thought Excalibur Super Jump was ridiculous but must’ve served some type of purpose to use. Lol

I got to say though. After learning about the game through playing & watching a few Youtubers who was dedicated warframe players. I’m glad I stuck around. Been playing for years since. 

what about you guys? 

• Like 2

I like Sci-fi / Fantasy stuff and WF caught my interest with cool biomechanical space wizards ninjas. Hopped into the game by myself because had no gamer friends at that time but made many in my playtime. 

Enjoying the ride so far :)

• Like 1

1.) Playing with the multitude of ways to kill an enemy. I felt like a God, or one of those scary assassins in the movies that takes out an army without breaking a sweat.

Will miss that

2.) CUSTOMIZATIONS!!! If any game asked me what my "digital self" would look like (Like the digital username that people see when they meet you in games. Mine is Frost Ghost or Winter Wraith), Warframe is the ONLY game that lets me get closest to what i would say id... look like in a fantasy world lol. Its just beautiful!

3.) Clans!! When i first played warframe i just thought it was cool. 

But months later, i joined a clan. They showed me that there was so much more to do like showing me how mods work and what they can truely do, the game wasnt pay to win, and that clans allowed me to find players that id hardly ever be annoyed with 😂 I struggle to find that in other games though warframe was my first multiplayer pve game that i liked.

4.) The people in my clan and alliance! Theyre just awesome! Theres so many people in it, its not crazy like region chat, there seems to be someone willing to help all the time

Its like, a whole nother game with them. On one side you have a game that you can play with people who might be toxic, trolls, lie about what they can help with, dont listen, etc 

And on the other side (having a huge clan and/or alliance), the chances of you running into the bad stuff about players seems non existent with the rules and rule enforcers that youll have set up!

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
  • Like 1

What got me personally into Warframe was peer pressure and a 75% off on Platinum the first day I started. That 1000 Plat went a long way towards making me not hate the game. What's kept me here is the general simplicity of Warframe. While it has a lot of subsystems, gameplay is very pick-up-and-go. If I feel like playing, I can jump in for a few missions and go do something else. The customisation aspect of it also appeals to me quite a bit. This is the closest I've had to City of Heroes since that game shut down, though the character editor here really can't compare.

Long story short, I'm here because I like the core gameplay loop. I've been on-and-off quite a bit, and almost universally it's "progression" which burns me out and makes me go play other stuff. DE's "content island" approach means that a new release keeps me constrained within whatever "island" they last released, whether I like it or not. For all their faults, at least Kuva Liches utilise the game's legacy nodes and modes, so at least there I can have some variety.

• Like 2

There was a PS+ booster pack advertised, probably in the PS+ monthly specials screen... i forget. Then I watched a video of the game. I had thought Warframe was a PVP shooter game like Destiny, but I watched youtube videos and saw melee in action. There was one video by someone, and a phrase I won't forget, and kinda encapsulates Warframe for me, is, "it's like Destiny, with your super active the whole time."

What really hooked me, was seeing Dual Bladed Polearms done right. I have been writing a book where many characters use dual bladed polearms; they're kinda my favorite weapon type of all. The fun gameplay of the Orthos and others like it, kept me playing.

When Melee 2.9999 rolled in and killed polearm quick-attacks, it also killed my desire to play the game, and if I didn't need the Nightwave stuff, i probably wouldn't have been playing for those 8ish months. But, it's back, and the game is fun again.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, a Microsoft Elite Xbox Controller. 

I got one for Christmas around 2015, and was a pretty all-in Destiny player at the time. But I had this controller with all its fancy gizmology on it, and I was like, "So what other games might this be useful in? Oh yeah, there's that 'Warframe' game that had a bunch of awkward controls. I'll give that a spin, see if this controller makes it better."

It did, I became hooked, played up to MR18 on the Xbox, then switched to PC, started over, and am now MR25. Used that controller on PC for a good while too, until it finally wore out and I switched to mouse & keyboard.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

I saw a video talking about how you can get these ninja mechs and then mod them however you wish.

I like making builds that play very differently, so eventually I downloaded the game to try it.

Very different game than what I thought it would be.

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 1

Lack of money at the time and no game to really invest time into.Went through the f2p list on steam and did some research on the games there when i found warframe i saw Totalbiscuits old video (rest in peace) and noticed the comments saying how much the game has changed,how much content it offers plus the friendly community.

The gameplay and the community totally hooked me and Ive been here for almost 6 years and i still play a good amount

• Like 1

personally?

They look like bionicles. I kinda want to take some of my parts and make atlas prime, but i don't have the advanced MOC building know how to do so, i also have several other things i'v build i don't wanna dismantle for it, mainly because i don't want to attempt to rebuild them again.

also the game is amazingly fun

Destiny2's hyper toxicity and rapid collapse. so I came here.... unfortunately................................ Most of the people i came here to escape came here too and now really the forums tend to be as hostile as they ever were on Destiny. So I've kinda given up on the ideal that there is still a game out there with a non toxic fanbase. I remember once upon a time people were just... fixated on any time they ran into a new player telling them all about different mechanics or how to do things or what worked best....  now way too often i see new players being badgered with "roflnoob gitgud"

Meh. Go and catch a falling star, get with child a mandrake root, tell me where all past years are or who cleft the devils foot. 

I used to be a Path of Exile nut, but I got tired of the "reset" every league. I like my items I worked so hard for to be kept and be useful anytime. Not to be thrown into the garbage default "standard" league and painfully repeat the whole grind for power items all over again.  

i then tried WF, after a very long break, and saw that this fits the "everlasting" part I wanted. I still play PoE though but I get tired quickly once I learn how a new mechanic works. Now its either WF, World of Tanks, FFXIV ARR and usually any new single player game.

For me, it was watching a content creator play Warframe. I didn't know it then, but they were playing a Survival mission on a Grineer galleon, and everything about the gameplay wowed me: the game looked surprisingly good, the gunplay and abilities looked smooth, but most of all, the movement amazed me with how freeform it was. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before, and completely changed the impression I had of the game, as previously I had only known it in its 2013 state, and dismissed it as a limited corridor shooter. Following that video, I decided to give the game a try, particularly as it was free as well, and... well, here we are.

It took me a year or so before I actually began playing after I had downloaded it. Before then I didn't have a reliable internet access to connect, and I thought it was a much different game than it was. Then I started actually playing it after I found it in my downloaded games when Destiny made my accomplishments feel worthless.  Fell in love with it, and have been playing it almost religiously ever since.

I joined around update 7 in 2013.  WF stood out to me as not being another cookie-cutter Early Access survival perma-death pay2win PVP games that were flooding the market during that time.

I tried it out, liked the fast-paced gameplay, responsive controls, and variation of missions and possibility of viable builds of your own choosing; no forced meta-builds. 
And the grinding is an improvement compared to other grinding games out there. It didn't take me a month to get from A to B, something other grind games do terribly, demand much time/effort from the player but give little progress/reward.
Graphics aren't a primary reason for me to play something but I admit the game looked pretty sexy.