Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: >100% Status Chance / Shotgun Megathread

SilverBones

11 hours ago, J13Arrowz said:

Can impact procs be made to not knock enemies to the ground?

😌apparently we now have to kill enemies really slowly
knock them to the ground, let them get up, knock them down again and again 

11 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Recommendation: switch the Impact and Blast status effects entirely. They make little sense in their current configuration, but they make a bucketload of sense if switched around. 

Yes please Yes please Yes please Yes please Yes please Yes please 

• Like 3

On 2020-03-02 at 12:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Why: Critical has long been king - and while we are leaving Critical as is, our goal is to bring Status into the Arsenals in a new light for all Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons.Our long-term goal with this change is to build upon this series of changes to eventually allow Status to impact bigger threats like Liches and Eidolons.

How are status effects supposed to help with Eidolons then they are flat out immune to status effects?

• Like 2

Revert the gas change completely. It was totally unnecessary and doesn't work. It also trashes a ton of weapons and builds to the point entire groups of weapons will remain underused probably forever due to poor utility and the lack of any way to fix this using mods. 

Why change status effects you already did right just for the heck of it? 

To add to that, I really dislike the addition of status effects that completely move enemies out of the line of fire Ala impact. I'd rather it not exist, but at least when that S#&$ was on blast we could intentionally avoid the effect. I think the impact status effect needs to be canned, or be on blast. 

A different escalating bonus could be on impact instead though. 

• Like 1

So gas is completely useless now, like absolutely zero reason to use it. They tried the same stupid impact nerf They wanted to do before(which everyone was universality against I might add). And most of the other procs are somewhat improved. And Status shotguns got hit to varying degrees.

So the usual toss out now tweek later stuff.

Unrelated but its also a net to Saryn's 4 which is now just upfront damage than the death cloud it was(which isn't really a problem sense she has over time damage out the arse).

• Like 1

Radiation status doesn't feel like the stacking matters.

Enemies don't do as much damage as warframes and they have higher health than warframes. So when they attack each other the fights can go on forever with no winner. Converted Liches are also weak because of the same thing.

• Like 3

I think it was sensible to leave the Kohm as it was, but base status should be lowered to account for its grandfathered pellet function.

The Strun Wraith is now garbage. It went from being a 40% status shotgun to 12% per pellet: How is this remotely comparable?

The removal of IPS x4 multiplier means I practically never see a slash now despite having a riven with -100% impact. This remains true with sweeping serration equipped too. It seems very silly and if you plan to keep 1:1 weighting going forwards you'll probably want to look at the various multipliers and suss out if you're okay with essentially writing them out as a facet of the game outside forced melee stance procs, because that's where it's at right now.

Why the nerf on Phantasma? With every single status mod and even a riven with over 100% status, I only end up with a 23% status chance per pellet??! You guys nerfed the Phantasma, Please Fix this, it now takes over 9 clips to kill a level 100 enemy, with a full damage/status build on phantasma, please remove this nerf, it was my favorite weapon, but now I cant use it anymore.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-02 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Electric

AoE Electric Damage that is part of the Status Effect can now reoccur while the target is still under the stun animation of another Electric Status Effect.

This isn't necessary, but please consider it:

Is there any way you could let the Stun from electricity get refreshed if an enemy is already under the proc?

The stacking of the damage is nice, but as an element type, the damage isn't that great... it's best use is for cc, but the cc wears off quickly and has to be refreshed after the original stun has worn off, giving enemies an opportunity to attack you before you can reproc electricity.

There isn't much of a reason to mod for electric, but if it could be the damage type dedicated to cc... then it could potentially be a lot more useful

Were the AOE radii of electric and gas procs reduced?  Doesn't really feel like I'm doing any AOE damage with them to speak of.  Lot of these status effects just feel pointless and useless now, this makes me want to use status builds even less.

8 hours ago, KommandantViy said:

Gas aoe now does gas damage, not toxin damage. Toxin mods will increase it slightly in that it increases the overall gas damage, but it does not interact the same way it used it.

yikes - major weakening of Gas proc. 😞

14 minutes ago, PandAnime345 said:

Why the nerf on Phantasma? With every single status mod and even a riven with over 100% status, I only end up with a 23% status chance per pellet??! You guys nerfed the Phantasma, Please Fix this, it now takes over 9 clips to kill a level 100 enemy, with a full damage/status build on phantasma, please remove this nerf, it was my favorite weapon, but now I cant use it anymore.

I failed to one-shot a level 45 enemy with a 2 forma end game shotgun. Level 45...

Before I was one-shotting level 90 enemies with it. That is important when you only get one shot every second and a half and are playing a horde killer game.

DE really needs someone who can check their math.

So far, I've been really enjoying the changes to status across the board. My shotguns feel.... so incredibly powerful, which was a pleasant surprise I guess. Just remember when building everyone, the status looks really small but looks can be quite deceiving as size apparently doesn't always matter 😂  

aside from the shotgun shenanigans, the only complaint I have so far is what happens with Hydroid's tempest barrage. People underestimate Hydroid frequently and so very few people have been talking about this, but the change to impact has severely affected his first ability. Now enemies ragdoll out of both the ability's range and the players range, making it easy to lose track of the foe as well as be a nuisance to the Hydroid and company. Additionally this goes completely against Hydroids current design and for the life of me I can't imagine any useful combat scenarios for this kind of uncontrollable and violently glitchy ragdoll.

So far this has been the only change from today that seems very detrimental in my experience . If the old knockdown effect could return, or impact simply not be used in tempest I think it would be for the best, otherwise, great job. 

• Like 1

I tried only Vaykor Hek, non-elemental critical HM build (Laser sights plus Shrapnel shot), and was able to one-headshot all regular grineer in a kuva flood without any armor stripping or warframe buffs (using Loki solo). Nox took about 4 headshots on average and prosecutors 2-3 headshots with slash procs. Seems like a major buff overall.

1 hour ago, akots said:

I tried only Vaykor Hek, non-elemental critical HM build (Laser sights plus Shrapnel shot), and was able to one-headshot all regular grineer in a kuva flood without any armor stripping or warframe buffs (using Loki solo). Nox took about 4 headshots on average and prosecutors 2-3 headshots with slash procs. Seems like a major buff overall.

it was a buff to non status based shotguns but a major nerf to status based low crit shottys like the phantasma and strun wraith 

Edited by (PS4)mrBloodshotAtWar
  • Like 2

Return blast to what it used to be, have the double proc be "enemies become unstable and cause an extra, smaller explosion after a few seconds." Blast is only innate on a few weapons and most, if not all of them don't need headshots to effectively kill. Heck, even letting the 2nd proc cause an extra blast proc to create an infinite chain would be pretty cool.

Make impact reduced accuracy, it makes sense to have reduced accuracy when your head, arm, leg, finger, toe or w/e is hit heavily and you become disoriented. Even have it so that after 10 procs the enemy is disarmed.

• Like 1

If the 100% status of these shotguns got nerfed atleast increase the crit & status chance to make it reach 45% or above when modded so we can atleast make hybrid builds.

I modded my boar prime for crit and it only reached 28.5% cc while tigris prime only has 19% when modded.

We cannot have weapons end up having no status or crit because it will end up like a stug...

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Magnetic Status Effect deals 100% additional Shield damage

Why not just make this 100% additional Magnetic damage? Why Shield damage only? When I read the first sentence I was hopeful that I could now actually use Magnetic against Grineer/Infested without it's status being completely useless, but I was wrong, I do not understand why you want to keep this damage type useful *only* against shields.

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Viral Status Effect deals 100% additional Health damage

Same goes for Viral, but do you know why Viral is better than Magnetic? Because every single enemy in the game has health.

Our long-term goal with this change is to build upon this series of changes to eventually allow Status to impact bigger threats like Liches and Eidolons. 

You could do it like Path of Exile does it, in that game, all bosses can be affected by status effects, but they just have less effect(33% for minor bosses, 66% for major bosses) on them.

Edited by --RV--Cola
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sickle_Slayer said:

This isn't necessary, but please consider it:

Is there any way you could let the Stun from electricity get refreshed if an enemy is already under the proc?

The stacking of the damage is nice, but as an element type, the damage isn't that great... it's best use is for cc, but the cc wears off quickly and has to be refreshed after the original stun has worn off, giving enemies an opportunity to attack you before you can reproc electricity.

There isn't much of a reason to mod for electric, but if it could be the damage type dedicated to cc... then it could potentially be a lot more useful

Amprex being able to permanently stunlock anything that isn't status immune seems a bit OP.

3 hours ago, yakri said:

Revert the gas change completely. It was totally unnecessary and doesn't work. It also trashes a ton of weapons and builds to the point entire groups of weapons will remain underused probably forever due to poor utility and the lack of any way to fix this using mods. 

43 minutes ago, More-L said:

Return blast to what it used to be, have the double proc be "enemies become unstable and cause an extra, smaller explosion after a few seconds." Blast is only innate on a few weapons and most, if not all of them don't need headshots to effectively kill. Heck, even letting the 2nd proc cause an extra blast proc to create an infinite chain would be pretty cool.

Make impact reduced accuracy, it makes sense to have reduced accuracy when your head, arm, leg, finger, toe or w/e is hit heavily and you become disoriented. Even have it so that after 10 procs the enemy is disarmed.

Revert Gas to the old poison cloud, make Blast a direct aoe damage proc, and make Impact an accuracy debuff instead of the abomination it it is now.  

• Like 1