Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

hace 24 minutos, Kadesfy dijo:

So, you guys choose some of the least liked ideas for us to vote on? where is the werewolf theme? Spider theme? Druid? Just look again at the ideas and see the ones that got the most likes... These are the ones we want...

Yea :c

I'm so sad I didn't think of this in time, but I would've loved to see a succubus or incubus Warframe. She/he could daze opponents, make opponents change sides, drain health with a kiss, use a whip, or have a mirage lead lovestruck enemies off ledges to their deaths.

4 minutes ago, Kelsicus said:

I'm so sad I didn't think of this in time, but I would've loved to see a succubus or incubus Warframe. She/he could daze opponents, make opponents change sides, drain health with a kiss, use a whip, or have a mirage lead lovestruck enemies off ledges to their deaths.

You Should take a look at my Witch Suggestion. It had similar elements. But honestly I think they just chose warframe ideas that either they personally liked or would just be easy to design and implement. 

The top 10 got reveled and wanted to see what everyone else thinks of the results 

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.
    • Submitted by Horizon Ultima

Hive and falconer definitely caught my eye.

Most are redundant, while others would get shafted in the current meta. No offense to the people who submitted these, but most are just really bad ideas. I certainly wouldn't play any of these. Maybe Hive, but it's too similar to Nidus.

We definitely don't need more frames that put mobs to sleep lol.

That being said, I would pay 5k plat for a shapeshifting frame (akin to druid from WoW or Diablo).

Game also lacks bruiser type (Hulk smash type) frames. I think we only have Rhino and Atlas in that archetype.

4 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Most are redundant, while others would get shafted in the current meta. No offense to the people who submitted these, but most are just really bad ideas. I certainly wouldn't play any of these. Maybe Hive.

That being said, I would pay 5k plat for a shapeshifting frame (akin to druid from WoW or Diablo).

Game also lacks bruiser type (Hulk smash type) frames. I think we only have Rhino and Atlas in that archetype.

They're themes, not powers.

I mean, if nothing else, consider that both Revenent and Garuda channel vampires in their themes (…theoretically so for Revenant), same for Inaros and Nekros with death. Very different.  Even the likes of Mirage and Limbo channel illusionists in their themes.

Just now, Loza03 said:

They're themes, not powers.

I mean, if nothing else, consider that both Revenent and Garuda channel vampires in their themes (…theoretically so for Revenant), same for Inaros and Nekros with death. Very different.  Even the likes of Mirage and Limbo channel illusionists in their themes.

But themes inform powers. For instance, you'd expect the Morpheus themed frame to be cc'ing mobs, which we definitely do not need more of.

I'll just call it now... imo the one that will be picked will be falconer, why, because players have been asking for a flying pet since condrocs were a thing and adding it as a 'built in pet' is easier than a new companion.

If not that one it will be the one with the kubrow, even easier 'coding' to add a kubrow than a bird pet but thematically works nicely with the reworked pet thing.  Actually this one might might even get slightly 'reworked' to just allow 2 pets instead of one, because that's another thing we've been asking for. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)I_Rock_Fiction said:

You Should take a look at my Witch Suggestion. It had similar elements. But honestly I think they just chose warframe ideas that either they personally liked or would just be easy to design and implement. 

To be fair, that second part is kind of essential for a new Warframe to have; Khora got massively delayed because her initial concept simply didn’t pan out even though it was good on paper and she had at least half her kit reworked, to the point she was set to debut on the Plains and ended up in a completely different area. If they have an idea that is high concept but takes a massive reworking of the system to implement properly or compromising the concept to better fit the engine limitations (of the time at least) then you’re going to disappoint people with a Warframe that takes too long to come out and or isn’t what people wanted or like.

That’s not a post to you specifically, incidentally, your post was just too good a starting point to leave aside.

1 minute ago, Ikyr0 said:

But themes inform powers. For instance, you'd expect the Morpheus themed frame to be cc'ing mobs, which we definitely do not need more of.

True, and that's probably one I'm least interested with since it's also not likely to be very interesting CC.

But going with probably the closest to redundant, Arawn. Kubrow version of Khora. But ultimately, Khora has spider and Dominatrix themes mixed in (which, frankly, I don't like. Too many conflicting themes) whereas a dog or hound based frame could easily be some kind of stealth frame, or focus more around using the Kubrow for direct abilities rather than letting them do more-or-less their own thing, since, y'know, dog.

For example, adding some Shepard could add more traditional crowd control of the 'funnelling enemies into a specific area' variety as opposed to 'turn off AI' that Warframe tends to use. Perhaps a Hunter who spends part of his time invisible and directs the Kubrow as a proxy. Maybe even something more like Rosalina and Luma from Smash, where it directly tries to mimic your behaviour. Not necessarily meta crushing, but that's in large part on severe balance problems from the frames surrounding them. It's very hard for anything to compete with the bevy of 'win game' buttons of various descriptors we have already.

hace 1 hora, Xardis dijo:

Sad to not see a warlock theme not getting there. A lot of people wanted it from Harrow, but it didnt turn out to be that way.

Yes, the warlock/summoner It was the most voted topic, But I don't know why they didn't choose it

On 2020-03-20 at 8:35 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We have closed the Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas and reviewed all submissions to choose the Top 10! Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26. The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe!

Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy: "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive: "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe: "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus: "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer: "A falconer based Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a condroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina: "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine: "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn: "Believed to set the Cŵn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi: Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle: A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.

How very underhanded. Do I need to remind you guys that there's a seach function on your own forums? I thoroughly looked through this thread for some of the more... peculiar themes that you guys picked.

Look, if you weren't gonna select the most popular choices, but rather just what YOU guys think is a cool concept, why bother asking US for ideas to begin with?

On 3/20/2020 at 2:35 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We have closed the Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas and reviewed all submissions to choose the Top 10! Design Council voting has begun and closes on Thursday, March 26. The theme with the most votes will become the next community-created Warframe!

Top 10 Themes:

• Calligraphy : "A vision of a monk and a scholar, deadly yet sophisticated."
    • Submitted by JareeZy
  • Hive : "Hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon."
    • Submitted by xX_ReiMar_Xx
  • Broken Warframe : "It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature."
    • Submitted by eaterofstorms
  • Morpheus : "Based on the Greek god of sleep and dreams."
    • Submitted by JONNY_AFRO_
  • Falconer : "A falconer based on Warframe from Cetus, that has a companion, like Khora, that is a chondroc."
    • Submitted by DerpasaurasRex0
  • Ballerina : "A ballerina based frame, dancing majestically over the battle field."
    • Submitted by Jarranna
  • Ghost in the Machine : "Based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer."
    • Submitted by Sekan
  • Arawn, King of Annwn : "Believed to set the C Annn Annwn loose to hunt mundane creatures." This Warframe's Cŵn Annwn would be a Kubrow, a spectral hound.
    • Submitted by Avenka
  • Kamaitachi : Japanese yokai beast that rides devilish winds and attacks people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor.
    • Submitted by AmdorElensar
  • Gargoyle : A stone monster believed to frighten away evil spirits.

Aww no kitsune or fox based warframe but all of them sound very cool

Archived