The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt needs a rework

DudeOsm

the only change I'd like to see to Volt is his 1 becoming Palpatine-style continuous lightning. all his other abilities are fine: Speed does what it says on the tin, Shields are excellent for damage buffing (and an essential part of the Eidolon Meta) and Discharge is a great way to shut down an entire room. 

just give him UNLIMITED POWER! mode and he's the perfect electrical frame IMO.

Animated GIF

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, DudeOsm said:

Please make Volt's speed mechanics similar to that of Guass', or at least increase the speed multiplier. It would be cool to race other players with these two frames.

Why...I can just use nova and beat them all.

• Like 3

We have a new Frame that should be pretty much perfect for anyone who's mainly after "gotta go fast" prowess.

But nah, let's focus on changing an old Frame (which, knowing DE, will quite likely bring about nerfs alongside any buffs),
no matter if it works really well (let alone IMO better) for lots of missions / can fulfill a variety of roles beyond a "selfish buffer",
to make sure it surpasses the new Frame in this one function that's not even necessarily the main appeal for many players.

Like, if you feel Gauss is missing something, why not try to have Gauss improved instead?

• Like 2

I like Volt this was the Warframe I picked when I started the game. If I could have any adjustment it would be to add something. I think it would be thematically acceptable to have his passive expanded. Which would be  having the ability to power things up and act as an emergency reactor for Railjack. 

Tileset to dark? LF Volt for Circuit Breaker mains duties. 

Gauss'e LiFEPo4 Battery wont hold a charge? Get Volt to zap link him and run off of mains until Gauss can get a new battery at end of mission. And Gauss users stop using Duracell Batteries they are past their usage date.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DudeOsm said:

It would be cool to race other players with these two frames.

There's a community member who already does races of sorts - go look up XandyPants' Driftframe stuff, I think he streams it mostly(?). Though honestly I don't really know a whole ton about it. What I do know though, is that outside of the frames which are banned for trivialising races by teleporting or flying, Volt is considered the best or at least second best IIRC (he's up there, regardless). Gauss, ironically, really doesn't even come close. Gauss feels fast, and runs respectably fast, but... -isn't actually "fast".

Beside that point, "rework" really wasn't the right word to use here. This change at best would be a minor buff, and also one that isn't really needed IMO. Volt's speed increase improves melee attack speed as well, making it a little more beneficial than what Gauss can do in a more traditional setting, and Volt's speed buff also scales with ability strength, which Gauss, even if his speed does scale, doesn't match up to at all somehow.

If we were talking a full scale rework, though... Nah. Volt is a very respectable frame right now, capable of being good for a nice variety of content (notably Eidolons), and the big changes have only buffed him too, giving him better survivability where he kinda needed it, and a very minor buff in the fact that his abilities' main damage type (Electricity) saw a very minor buff too.

Volt is doing pretty damn good right now. Give him a little credit. lol

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Or an operator's void dash. 

max range nova is still faster than maxed out mind sprint , void flow/syphon op
She is literally THE fastest frame, no comparison.

And volt doesn't need a rework, especially now with shield gating and his augment. 😄

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

max range nova is still faster than maxed out mind sprint , void flow/syphon op
She is literally THE fastest frame, no comparison.

I'm not concerned with who's the fastest. That level of speed is a meaningless gimmick. 

I'm just saying there is in fact a comparable level of speed available to every frame that makes it not even necessary to worry about since none of them matter except in large rooms/open spaces.

3 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I agree. Volt is fine. Perhaps the most balanced frame right now!

I’ll take it a step further.  Volt is actually a weapon augment frame with tactical value and kit adaptability.

This means 2020 Volt is the strongest he’s ever been because weapon and mod strength and diversity has only continued to expand as the game has expanded.

And when you throw shield gating in...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 2