Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [cant connect to any scarlet relay]
  • VISUAL: [---]
  • REPRODUCTION: [try connect to any scarlet relay]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [i can see players, progress bar xx/100, missions work, etc]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [nothing. Empty relay, no progress bar, empty leaderboards]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [approximately 28 out of 30 attempts, the relay will be empty or 100/100 1 out of 30 attempts]
  • DESCRIPTION: [I have never received bonus credits, sometimes the main credits and points too, sometimes I get only badges]
  • VISUAL: [---]
  • REPRODUCTION: [just play if you are very lucky to join at least one relay]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [I want to see bonus credits and missed badges in the mail when the progress was 100/100 and the counter reset to zero. This applies to points and credits that are issued immediately after the mission, too.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [main credits after mission - sometimes, points after reset countdown - sometimes, budges in mail - sometimes, bonus credits in mail - ABSOLUTE ZERO, but friends from my party receive a partial or full bonus]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [random]

Have 3 bugs to report on scarlet spear:

TYPE: Black Screen of Death
Description: I died inside a murex, upon reviving I got the Black Screen of Death (tm) where I couldn't do anything, couldn't see anything, all I could do is hear what was going on. Was running Vauban Prime.
Reproduction: Havent died and held X to revive as of yet, but I would assume dying.
Observed result: had to leave squad/abandon to get unstuck, and see again
Reproduction rate: have not reproduced

TYPE: Headless NPC inside relay, as previously reported
Description:
https://imgur.com/a/p7yM2uH

TYPE: Killcode delay
Description: Me and pretty much everyone on the space side of scarlet spear in our flotilla were not receiving kill codes, even though they were being transmitted. About every 20 minutes or so, we'd get one. Everyone was stuck defending their oplinks with no progress being made. Could not use navigation to go back to flotilla, could not abandon mission. Thinking it was just the servers hitting a lag spike, I waited it out. 40 minutes later my squad and I just let the oplinks get destroyed and took the fail. Lost two shedu parts, a bunch of sentient mods for railjack, a ton of affinity, and didn't make any progress on the murex wave at all. Back in the flotilla, it's still showing my squad as in space, as well as other squads who've left the flotilla entirely. HUGE server delay going on.

Twice now since the 27.3.3 have I run Scarlet Spear mission, each time I have not received any bonus payout from the Flotilla at all. No, they did not fail to complete, they reached their 100 Murex way ahead of time and all I got was the same emblem. This is extremely demotivating, especially since before those changes, I receive the payout without hitch every single time.

3Li7PMd.png

Edited by Mephane

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Bonuses are not being awarded for Murex wave completion. The following images are from two different cases of this happening; in both instances, I didn't receive any Scarlet Creds after the wave ended. I've included them as proof that I did indeed do the event and didn't receive any bonus.
  • VISUAL: Untitled.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Do the event and wait for the wave to be completed.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have received bonus Scarlet Creds at the completion of the wave.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I did not receive any bonus Creds at the completion of the wave.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: This has happened every time since the changes to the bonus system were implemented.

TYPE: IN-GAME

DESCRIPTION: ever since the 27.3.2 update you guys preformed i have been getting "Network Not Responding" constantly. I have been over my network and it all checks out. i have only had this issue happen once before. Normally my connection to your servers is good and stay connected. I am no going to play the new event as i have already lost point for playing the moment when it came out and those points did not count. did not receive proper rewards (scoring over 3000 on a single flotilla and receiving wrong rewards). Still get stuck in flotilla even though i did not enter the flotilla once yesterday. this is my favorite game and i would like to be able to play it not have to worry about the possibility of getting diconnected as happened multiple time yesterday

• TYPE: In Game
  • DESCRIPTION: 03/26/20 - approx 11 - 11:30 am CT.  Scarlet Spear Relay 69 had 80+ out of 100 Murex banished with an hour left.  I had contributed over 5k points in space as a receiver.  At that point, kill code transmissions stopped linking between ground and space squads, so we didn't get to 100 out of 100, despite lots of efforts to get links working again.
  • VISUAL: No visual captured
  • REPRODUCTION: Not sure how to reproduce
  • EXPECTED RESULT: We continue to transmit kill codes from ground to space and finish the relay successfully, we banish 100 murex, and I get my bonus credits...
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The relay didn't finish and I didn't get any bonus credits....
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: First time this has happened to me

Please remove the requirement for finishing 100 of 100 Murex OR remove the 3 hour timer.  Having two of these mixed together creates weird failure scenarios.  I shouldn't be punished for lack of activity in a given relay or for failure scenarios like those listed above.  If I successfully complete one or more missions, I should receive bonus credits no matter what...  This is extremely frustrating, especially when the economy of this event essentially requires you to get bonus credits in order to progress at a reasonable pace.  Please do something about this...

Edited by mondodizmo
Changing bug Type

Type: in-game

Description: it happens no matter what i do.

Visual:

Reproduction: any time i enter

Excpectected results: i can see other players and can start missions

Observed results: i dont see anyone nor can start missions

Reproduction rate: always

• DESCRIPTION: I reached a score of 5k+ on both space and ground team but i didn't get the rank III emblems in my inbox, only the rank I and II ones.
  • VISUAL: Screenshot of my score as the ground team.oRLPyCQ.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Participate in the event for the full duration of 2 murex appearances(basically until 200 murex get driven away)without ever leaving the flotilla. Get a score of 5k+ as space team in the first group of 100 murex and a score of 5k+ as ground team in the second group of 100 murex.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have gotten the two rank III emblems in my inbox.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I did not get the two rank III emblems in my inbox.

• DESCRIPTION: No kill codes received on whole Railjack mission.
  • REPRODUCTION: [Cause of bug unknown. Missions was with 2 Railjack and 11 Ground squads]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: With 11 ground squads and and mine + another squad Railjack squad the kill codes should be received in first few minutes.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Started Railjack mission on begining on MUREX raid, received 0 kill codes while defending point inside sentient ship on whole mission time. Tried second time after mission abort, same result. I was hosting open squad. Had to abort mission after 35+ minutes wait and elimination of 300+ sentients on point.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%. Seems this is server-side communication bug with kill codes distribution failure between ground squads and Railjack squads.

Please fix broken Operation Scarlet Spear ASAP.

Edited by T-1000

• TYPE: In game, ground mission of Scarlet Spear, event award.
  • DESCRIPTION: No bonus reward after 100/100 Murex have been driven off. Prior to the latest patch I did get credit rewards, but not matching the rank I achieved. Only the first time did I get the correct reward, which was R1 granting 2k. When I got R3 twice after that one of the times I got 2k credits and the second time 6k credits i.e R1 and R2 rewards. Though that reward system does not apply since the latest patch.
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: Finish a Scarlet Spear missions, exit flotilla after 100 Murex are driven off and wave ends.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I expected 2x the rewards as the latest patch says. In first case I expected around 2400 credits (1200x2) or so, in second case 9360 (4680x2) (wrote down the contribution score on a note the second time).
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Rank 1 emblem reward in mail in case 1, Rank 2 emblem in mail in case 2. No credits, neither in the mail or passively added to my credit pile.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Currently reproduced it one time, will take note during next Murex wave again.

Please fix this because it is very annoying since such a big part of the reward relies on the bonus payout after 100 Murex are driven off. If you cant fix it, remove the need for 100 Murex and increase the base rewards for missions to match the result over time.

Edited by SneakyErvin

• TYPE: Event Reward
  • DESCRIPTION: aven't received rewards at all for 100/100 Murex. One of T3 Ground mission emblem broken into T2 Ground + T2 space (i'm always doing only ground).
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/M9xsIrR
  • REPRODUCTION: Every time.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should've got 10k + 10k.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: T3 Ground emblem. T2 Ground + T2 Ground emblems. No rewards. 100/100 Murex.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%.

So, in total, Little Quack sent me:
2k instead of 10k.
2k instead of 6k.
Nothing instead of 10k.
Nothing instead of 10k.
Nothing instead of 10k.
Thats 42k Credits total NOT sent.

Edited by Muxailo

• DESCRIPTION: multiple ground side raids with emblem-only rewards
  • VISUAL: Screenshots of my rewards from the ground team.
  • teFYoD1.pngWwElUb7.pngEaEGV14.pngZKDRVqq.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Participate in the event  sufficient to receive emblem rewards, but not credit rewards from the flotilla success. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have gotten somewhere in the ballpark of 8k credits. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I got 0 credits
Edited by NeroAgustus

• TYPE: In Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Successfully repelled all murex but received no Bonus rewards. Again
  • VISUAL: vCDpbJw.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Complete a wave and see if you gett what you've earned
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have received bonus credits
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I did not receive any bonus credits
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Third time in a row. 

• DESCRIPTION: When I return from a mission to my Orbiter the game thinks I am in a Flotilla instance.
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
  • REPRODUCTION: Not sure how this happened, but I can reproduce it just by leaving any mission.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Operation Link tab is visible on orbiter, and Arsenal option in Equipment is missing. Cannot join squads (I get the flotilla instance error).
  • ^ rebooting the application solves the problem until I exit a mission to Orbiter, then it's back.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

• DESCRIPTION: When the ui freeze or stop working. the display of of murex driven away. it wont update but you will still get codes
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: every few games for me think its ping related
  • EXPECTED RESULT: get point and relics
  • OBSERVED RESULT: get no relics in both cases. if it stop working during mission you can stop getting or operation credits.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: when it happens observed result happens 100% of time

18 minutes ago, thurmack said:
  • DESCRIPTION: When I return from a mission to my Orbiter the game thinks I am in a Flotilla instance.
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
  • REPRODUCTION: Not sure how this happened, but I can reproduce it just by leaving any mission.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Operation Link tab is visible on orbiter, and Arsenal option in Equipment is missing. Cannot join squads (I get the flotilla instance error).
  • ^ rebooting the application solves the problem until I exit a mission to Orbiter, then it's back.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

I've been having the same issue. It also tells me before them mission starts that its Scarlet Spear.

• Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: NO Scarlet Credits Victory Payout when getting the OPERATIONS EMBLEM (from reaching 10k-20k-50k cumulative). Could be linked to getting that Emblem specifically overwriting the Scarlet Credits.
  • VISUAL
    Spoiler

KA0ihmC.jpg

kNKuPaW.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: Not sure how to replicate. It's inconsistent.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Getting Scarlet Credits payout
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Didn't get any SS credits victory payout, as seen in my Inbox message containing ONLY emblems.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened ALL three times when receiving Victory Payout and Scarlet Spear Operations Emblem I-II-III
Edited by Casardis

• DESCRIPTION: not getting codes while in space. my internet download speed became horrible because brother is downloading something so playing with other people was nearly impossible so i wanted to solo. i look at squads 3 space 9 ground go do space. after 10 min no codes. all 3 times there was more than double on ground then space
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION:Have very bad download/upload speed) tried 3 times didn't get codes all 3 times. had 400+ ping while playing in a squad
  • EXPECTED RESULT: get codes to complete the mission
  • OBSERVED RESULT: get no no codes and is forced to abort mission.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% 

Type: wrong scarlet spear emblem?

Description: I got an inbox message from little duck on 3/26/20 at 18:30 giving me the murex I emblem and 4,440 scarlet credits. However, on 3/25/20 at 2:47 I had already gotten this emblem and 2,000 scarlet credits. Bear in mind I'm not sure if this is a bug or me just not reading the fine print correctly. 

Visual: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/543140694223618092/692806521473728512/0326201444.jpg

0326201443.jpg

Reproduction: unsure, maybe bases off of points 

Expected result: should have gotten the Scarlet Spear Murex 2 emblem

Observed result: the same emblem acquired but different levels of bonus credits

Reproduction rate: N/A due to the few instances that I have heard this or seen this happen (only twice as of writing this)

• DESCRIPTION: Did 3 full Space Squad runs with the same team minus one person on the third run who had some issues himself, with 5625 total points obtained. Logged off as the 100th Murex got driven away, logged back 3 hours later expecting 10+K Victory Payout, but I only obtained the Rank 1 Murex Emblem
  • VISUAL
    Spoiler

lBZ0o0Q.jpg

98gWQxp.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: Unknown, maybe exiting Flotilla after 100th Murex got driven away?
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should have obtained 10+k Victory Payout and Rank 3 Murex Emblem
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Obtained Rank 1 Murex Emblem and no Victory Payout at all
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Haven't played Scarlet Spear since then

The mission that you are in when murex hit 100/100 does not count for bonus rewards...we were sitting at tier 2 with almost tier 3 unlocked and because we took 1 minute too long we couldn't hit tier 3 in the bonus reward, the murex got finished before we extracted and the mission didn't count.