Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which tile set should get looked at next?

Europa and Eris. Europa should get Hother and Eris should get alot more creepy and infested -like.

Maybe they could add some morbid beasts to Europa, we have wierd beasts on Mars already (in the game I mean, so no need to stress about an alien invasion) and Saturn has a wide variety of animals.

• Like 1

I want to say Lua but only because it contains my least favorite tile in the whole game. 

That one gigantic room with the deep chasm with like four+ entry/exit points that the that I have never seen the waypoint system work properly. One or two of the Kuva tiles is almost as bad but I do not loath them with the same abject disdain as that Lua tile. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the crashed corpus ship tile sets get a revamp as a whole. Mostly small things like cleaning up edges that are easy to get caught on. 

Hopefully tho the ship tiles getting reworked means an end to the inconsistency in the pits. They all have the same texture, they are all about as deep (pretty heccin shallow) yet some of them you fall into and can jump out of because you land at the bottom and others you get teleported like you just fell out of the map.... just sitting there like "but why?". I will not miss the inconsistency. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

This probably won't happen, really that whole area just needs to go. Nobody in their right mind would just park ships full of infestation in an area that can cause an outbreak. Really, first thing the commander should do is point the ships directly at the sun, push engines for full speed ahead, then bust all navigation and engine consoles and parts so the course can't be changed.

I mean, the Infested would very much park a ship filled with Infestation. In fact, we know they're smart enough to do just that. Also breaking nav and engines isn't gonna stop the Infestation for long.

As for tilesets that need reworks. Grineer Galleon. She's been old and dusty for ages now. Just like our good old Corpus ships. I love the aesthetic to the icy Europa tile, but it does need some intense love.

9 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Especially since it's an infested version of the Corpus ship tileset currently being remastered, so it would make no sense to leave it outdated, plus half the work is already done.

It wouldn’t surprise me if DE reworked the corpus ship tileset and forgot Eris.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

This probably won't happen, really that whole area just needs to go. Nobody in their right mind would just park ships full of infestation in an area that can cause an outbreak. Really, first thing the commander should do is point the ships directly at the sun, push engines for full speed ahead, then bust all navigation and engine consoles and parts so the course can't be changed.

The ships weren't parked there after they got infested. Eris used to be just another hub in the System before Alad V's experiments caused the entire sector to be overrun. Those ships were the ones that happened to be there at the time, and they got infested and assimilated, and now they just hang out.

The ice planet tileset (Venus, Pluto) is all right, some cleanup and lighting changes are called for. The crashed ship tileset (Europa) is what definitely needs an overhaul. Neptune, maybe a gas city version for that planet, unless the Orokin terraformed it from a gas giant into a solid planet.

The tileset for Venus and Pluto is called Corpus Outpost. The tileset for Europa is called Corpus Ice Planet. The terminology you use can be confusing. I agree that Corpus Ice Planet needs a big overhaul. Neptune should also get a pretty significant change when/if it receives a new tileset. Old lore (no longer present in the game) mentions Neptune as the Corpus homeworld, so it'd be interesting to see what that's like.

So you want an area that is barely being held together by nails? The Corpus couldn't even do gas city properly, all those structures should be condemened, especially when the Ropa keeps attacking too.

? The Corpus Gas City tileset is beautiful and appears well engineered. The only parts that are damaged or dilapidated are those attacked by the invincible, immortal Sentient monster.

11 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I want it to be as roomy as gas city. Kuva fortress was home to the twin Orokin Queens. And the Grineer were Orokin builders. Nothing in that S#&$ show of a tilset resembles anything that could be considered Orokin worthy. 

That said, it just needs to be bigger. Let us use our archwing in and around it,  It's just way to cramped for it be a astroid floating around space. 

From the star chart it looks like it almost the same size as Lua, Sedna..any small moon, doesn't feel remotely close to that size. 

The Kuva Fortress is built into an asteroid (actually, it appears several asteroids bound together, if you examine it during the War Within quest). It's definitely gonna be cramped. All those small tunnels inside the rock… how could it be anything else? The Grineer built for the Orokin what the Orokin demanded. In the absence of the Orokin, they're pretty grimy and dirty. You can read about it in the Guardsman Synthesis entry. And the Twin Queens may be Orokin, but they don't have access to many of the resources or technology that made the Orokin what they really are. But asteroids are pretty small, compared to planets, and this one is supposed to have gone undetected by the Lotus for its entire existence. Of course it's tiny and cramped. I wouldn't use Starchart size comparisons as fact. None of the smaller planets should be visible next to Jupiter, not to mention the distances are all off.

10 hours ago, 844448 said:

I want Pluto to be a fully automated corpus proxy factory where a little mistake and alerting the system means a sea of proxies going down on you from MOAs to jackals with nearly zero place to stand so keep moving or fall down to the gears down below

Yes, this would be amazing. Exactly what Pluto is described as in the lore.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

I'd also like something a bit more interesting with Mercury. That planet's supposed to be very close to the sun, shouldn't that place be roasting? I'd like it if they made the place hellish to be, lots of fire traps, you receive heat damage if you stand still for too long, that kinda thing.

Mercury is kinda weird. It gets extremely hot at the equator during the day, but the other side of the planet is extremely cold, as are the poles. So there are temperate bands to the north and south of the equator where the temperature should be in a more medium range, as it's sort of a gradient from hot on the equator to cold on the poles. But when the planet turns away from the sun (a Mercury day is about 176 Earth days long), then it'll get cold real fast. Mercury also has these weird tidal heating forces that could heat up the surface as well. This all relates to the real Mercury as we know it now (and is the result of me parsing wikipedia; I am no expert). In-game, Mercury appears to be much different. Part or all of it seems to be overrun with the Infestation, and it's also hinted that it doesn't really exist as a complete planet these days, and has been broken up into a collection of asteroid-like fragments (regardless of its depiction as a planet in the Starchart).

• Like 1

Eris. Wouldn't even need to be a complete rework like with Jupiter and the Corpus Ship, just clean up some of the obstructions and give us some more space to maneuver in.

Edited by Guest

So I read two people suggested Eris and I'd have to suggest that as well. With the ship updates to Corpus , I feel the Eris ships should also be transitioning to a possibly wider yet still infested sinewy kind of feel. Also if you really look around , you can still see the old Locker Design locked inside the Infested Mass all around the ship. I'm sure DE might of overlooked that when tossing in the new lockers but also maybe have the kuva glow a different color or so within that Tileset as seeing it blend in just gets a bit painful in clutch situations of Siphon Runs.

In my opinion they could add new places moons like Titan, Ganymede, Enceladus, Europa could get more ice and brighter tiles, Titan could get some gasy metan lake outdoor tile with grineer-corpus faction battles. 

I would like to replace the mercury asteroid tile to a new tile which has similar rooms and tiles like the ceres tile. The asteroid could get some love also they could do something with the unused map parts. There are a lot of tiles / rooms which unused.

Mars could get some fixes but overall not urgently need rework. Phobos may could get a "moonbase" esque tileset. 

What I would add also is some new place on Earth, Mariana is okay (underwater) Everest could get some mountain base esque tiles, we could get some jungle, rainforest, tundra, desert type biomes on Earth.

Also they could fix the water on the Earth missions. Some part looks nice but there are parts which looks ugly.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

The ships weren't parked there after they got infested. Eris used to be just another hub in the System before Alad V's experiments caused the entire sector to be overrun. Those ships were the ones that happened to be there at the time, and they got infested and assimilated, and now they just hang out.

This is false, unless you're gonna claim that Konzu's uncle was still alive when Alad V became mutalist, because the way Konzu talks about him, he's been dead for decades.

Infested ship

or just the infested as a whole needs some love,they only have like 2 tilesets and have been in the game for a while.

though new infested enemies did get added in during NW S2,but they should be permanent editions, meaning they should be made to show up in our infested missions as of now.

Kinda sad that they only showed up for NW S2

• Like 1