Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion about the Basmu (new sentient weapon)

ChaoticEdge

I like the weapon, but it does feel under powered from what I've used of it so far... Plus I think everyone kind of feels like Sentient based weapons should be end game weapons and not a weapon most people will just see as mastery fodder.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 11

seems fine to me, may not be super meta, but it's pretty fun, it's basically the Acceltra(with unlimited Ammo) and Amprex (short range though)in one gun, two guns that I really like. It apparently heals you too when you reload, but I haven't noticed it working.

My personal problem is that its time fired vs time spent not doesnt feel good. It drains ammo completely in under 2 seconds and takes 2+ seconds to fully reload. Not doing the full reload is quicer, but with how fast it drains it feels clunky to let go after holding the button for a second.

• Like 1

It doesn't seem to be any meta contender but it's a very serviceable multipurpose weapon.

Infinite ammo and healing, zero down time with minimal trigger discipline, lots of aoe for clearing up trash enemies, and can stun lock enemies with the healing pulses.

• Like 2

It's not a complete meta-breaker, but it's more than serviceable.

It can take out any non-empyrean enemy in only one or two clips, which isn't bad for how fast it fires and reloads, regardless of whether or not you accidentally trigger its healing reload or not.

• Like 2

From some mission play it didn't feel all too impactful. While it does have the perks of healing (after ammo burn) and infinite ammo, it hardly has enough damage to make it a meta contender as @trst says. I wouldn't say trash it like @DeaDWirE says, it could be buffed in the future and after the operation you may not be able to get it back. Middle click is basically a CC lock when using electricity while the primary is just "ok" in terms of damage against either Kuva Lich 4 or 5 enemies. Also as mentioned by @Annnoth, the reload is horrible (probably due to the healing perk). On a separate note it has good status chance and a 4.8x crit multiplier on secondary fire so maybe there's a way to make its alt-fire feel like it does damage (granted it's 2% crit chance so basically impossible). If you really wanted to make use of a 13.4x crit multiplier (no riven or conditionals) you could use a smeeta kavat for a chance at 200% crit chance.

Edited by Guest
Added smeeta comment

You'd think with how much of a threat the sentients are supposed to be the weapons created from them would have a bit more oomph but I guess DE just has metaphobia, the irrational fear of creating something that can compete with the good weapons we already have.

• Like 2

Alt-Fire is basically useless, because the Magazine is empty basically right as the 'Warmup' finishes. and it has no Damage to speak of, it's basically only useful for trying to spam Viral Status but then realizing that it runs out of Ammo so fast that you can't really do that.

Primary Fire is alright, decent Damage and decent Crits paired with good Status, it's kinda like a weaker and Elemental version of Acceltra, but with a tiny Magazine.

Weapon is pmuch purpose built to need a Magazine Riven, take it as you will.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

You'd think with how much of a threat the sentients are supposed to be the weapons created from them would have a bit more oomph but I guess DE just has metaphobia, the irrational fear of creating something that can compete with the good weapons we already have.

True, the shedu is okay at best and hardly contends with anything else. I only find it useful for my Baruuk build which cranks out dumb damage numbers.

but wait shouldn't this be a Tau weapon and use elemental of Tau?  The fact is Tau is pose to be elemental for we have umbra thanks to for anti-tau dmg giving small bonus for the Tau elemental is almost identical to each other.  For I would like discuss that that every sentient weapon should have Tau element or not which got me rethinking why Basmu isn't using Tau elemental dmg unless it is actually just the Tau armor and not conductive energy that make Tau as energy type of weapon.

• Like 1

Did people honestly expect a mr 11 weapon that can basically almost fully heal a inaros in 1 reload to be better or at the same level as the current higher mr requirement meta weapons? I swear this community loves broken stuff and then act suprised when DE nerfs it 

Edited by akrid45
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I think the reason people think it sucks is cause they are comparing it to the endgame meta weapons. 

Should weapons you get from content not be able to handle that content efficiently?  This is the complaint I had with lich weapons.  You get them from endgame activities, they should be endgame weapons with base stats to reflect that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, akrid45 said:

Did people honestly expect a mr 11 weapon that can basically almost fully heal a inaros in 1 reload to be better or at the same level as the current higher mr requirement meta weapons? I swear this community loves broken stuff and then act suprised when DE nerfs it 

I'm not whinny and crying about it, I am still going craft it because all I know for common wise word "you need only 1 meta weapon that is all you need and take with you". I'll will use this weapons for bunch reason for self healing unlike few frame that can't self heal have to rely either mods or either arcane which there is strong nerfing from DE.

10 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I'm not whinny and crying about it, I am still going craft it because all I know for common wise word "you need only 1 meta weapon that is all you need and take with you". I'll will use this weapons for bunch reason for self healing unlike few frame that can't self heal have to rely either mods or either arcane which there is strong nerfing from DE.

Oh nahh i wasn't responding to you, was responding to everyone else calling it weak 

Just now, akrid45 said:

Oh nahh i wasn't responding to you, was responding to everyone else calling it weak 

yea, I just want start conversation to have it continue for while for I don't hate a weapon that is weak but we all know what we really really hate is the Stug (sorry DE but the Stug sux really really bad).

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Should weapons you get from content not be able to handle that content efficiently?  This is the complaint I had with lich weapons.  You get them from endgame activities, they should be endgame weapons with base stats to reflect that.

But hey, at least this weapon will get a nice Riven Dispo due to the community's dislike of the weapon.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

But hey, at least this weapon will get a nice Riven Dispo due to the community's dislike of the weapon.

Until someone on YouTube realizes it's good with a good Riven, posts a build and the community brings the popularity back up and they nerf the dispo because they balance with player use statistic spreadsheets and it's meh again because Rivens were expertly designed by smart people.