Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are we all acting like this

(NSW)235714

We all know the recent thing countless people are saying about DE, as we all know thier mistakes are somewhat the communities fault, in recent time they gave us ideas, we gave suggestions and they made the necessary changes.(lich/thrall system, some rj bugs), so what more can we ask from the devs whom are still working to give us a good or somewhat decent gaming experience. We all know the impact of COVID-19 and how it is affecting the devs, let just give em a brake till things get back to normal, there some bugs with scarlet spear and it is not right to just complain about something...for fracks sake we at least have something.

• Like 9

People are entitled to their opinions, to answer the 'Why.'

These forums are open, and users are allowed to post their opinions and feedback as long as they do so in a way that doesn't violate the rules. We're not going to remove negative opinions and feedback because they're negative.

Negative feedback, when voiced properly (read: constructively, civilly), is incredibly useful for determining how to improve the game.

• Like 54

The issue has existed before the current problem with Covid 19,

What can we ask of the devs?

We can ask of a lot of things they may choose to ignore or acknowledge it.

Heres a few things of the top of my mind:

1) Dont over promise.

2) Manage your resources and time suitably to not be stuck with incomplete messes that you need to push out cause the community is starting to stop playing the game.

3) think things through from past experiences and stop making the same mistakes,

P.S.

I am not going to mention bugs as they are part of a normal design cycle , i do wish they didn't leave year old bugs in the game though.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 47

10 minutes ago, (NSW)235714 said:

as we all know thier mistakes are somewhat the communities fault

Utter nonsense.

We all know the impact of COVID-19 and how it is affecting the devs

COVID-19 is a fairly recent turn of events and shouldn't be used as an excuse for anything people are complaining about pre pandemic.

there some bugs with scarlet spear and it is not right to just complain about something

Quite frankly this game would be an even bigger mess than it already is if it wasn't for people complaining and demanding better. Adversity is what allows people to grow and flourish. You don't build muscle sitting on your butt all day, you've got to fight against resistance and this same basic principle can be applied all throughout life including in this very industry.

Edited by Kamachi
  • Like 44

36 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

properly (read: constructively, civilly), 

That's a line this forums tend to have issues with unfortunately. I've seen way to many threads devolve into dev bashing and insults, and some that begin that way. I kinda feel bad for the mods for having to deal with it, and then have people hate them for it. 

• Like 7

I love Warframe. However Waframe is buggy!

I played many MMO and mutliplier action games in the past. And I have to say it.. Warframe is the most buggy game I ever played!

Again, I still love it, put some money each year to move it forward.. But I also take break when I loose rewards after some endurance runs, or loosing some 1% drop item. I'm not angry I got used to it. I just feel "tired" when that happens a lot. I'm originally PC player but I moved to PS4 for less bugs and convenient controller.

EDIT: I just guess that OP started playing recently and he wants to protect DE. Let's wait few years.. 😉

Edited by (PS4)shann_cz
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, (NSW)235714 said:

We all know the recent thing countless people are saying about DE, as we all know thier mistakes are somewhat the communities fault.

Ah yes it's our fault for criticising the game, telling DE what's broken, what sucks and how to fix it, just for them to ignore it unless money stops coming in, the player base is plummeting or the forums and reddit is on fire. That's some very DE thought of you. Are you one of the devs?

• Like 16

We all know the recent thing countless people are saying about DE, as we all know thier mistakes are somewhat the communities fault

Stop right there. This doesn't work like this.

The community may or may not give any feedback, it's not our work and we do not get money for that. If from what feedback they had the devs choose to implement the one that does not really works - that wouldn't be the community's fault, it's the devs who are responsible.

Besides, how many times recently DE listened to community's feedback. The community suggested adding a new enemy to SS countering abilities. What did DE do? Nerfed Limbo which solved absolutely nothing. Who's there to blame, huh?

In the end feedback is a rather minor tool. To get appreciation from the community, you need to deliver good content to begin with, and then improve it via feedback. And not release a buggy mess, and then try putting it together through feedback.

We all know the impact of COVID-19 and how it is affecting the devs, let just give em a brake till things get back to normal

That is true. Why did they release SS then?

• Like 12

We all know the recent thing countless people are saying about DE, as we all know thier mistakes are somewhat the communities fault, in recent time they gave us ideas, we gave suggestions and they made the necessary changes.(lich/thrall system, some rj bugs), so what more can we ask from the devs whom are still working to give us a good or somewhat decent gaming experience. We all know the impact of COVID-19 and how it is affecting the devs, let just give em a brake till things get back to normal, there some bugs with scarlet spear and it is not right to just complain about something...for fracks sake we at least have something.

COVID-19 has nothing to do with bad game design decisions of overpromises, releasing unfinished content and ignoring huge chunks of the playerbase, which are THE plague of Warframe for years. DE are taking Blizzard's approach to feedback of "We know better than you!".

• Like 20

5 hours ago, (NSW)235714 said:

We all know the impact of COVID-19 and how it is affecting the devs, let just give em a brake till things get back to normal, there some bugs with scarlet spear and it is not right to just complain about something...for fracks sake we at least have something.

5 platinum have been deposited into your account.

• Like 12

On 2020-04-07 at 5:19 AM, Letter13 said:

People are entitled to their opinions, to answer the 'Why.'

These forums are open, and users are allowed to post their opinions and feedback as long as they do so in a way that doesn't violate the rules. We're not going to remove negative opinions and feedback because they're negative.

Negative feedback, when voiced properly (read: constructively, civilly), is incredibly useful for determining how to improve the game.

Civility goes our the window when you ask for stuff to be fixed for a year and it is not. You can only be so polite to people who are not listening for so long.

In this case too you just lost 2 more players me n my gf . And for that matter when people ask me how the game was.

It's a grind fest on top of rng.thats a broken mess of spaghetti code slapped together that barely works at best. Forces pvp objectives in the campaign mode to force you to group up with no one cause everyone hates pvp. Intentionally misleading mazes and zones that are all some shade of the same monochrome color either green or too much white an grey. If you fail a mission nomatter how much you accomplish everything is taken away if you fail. Hidden timers in missions to fail you so you cant even get time to learn the puzzle. Lua spy is worst maze in any game EVER. PERIOD.

Maroos weekly hunt is even worse fight through a mission and then here's a 30second timer with no hints and if you dont make it you can even learn the layout unless you want to go through 3 minutes of load time for every try.gg just awful design overly punishes new players. I shouldn't be watching walkthroughs jaut to figure out what obscure puzzle you decided to conjure up next. Peace out.

• Like 8

I would say to them just keep it simple...I had more fun in 2019 with Guass, Wisp, the Fulmin, and the Jupiter Rework over the entirety of Orb Vallis which still to this day makes me groan in disgust whenever I have to ignore NW's' a perfect animal capture to the mundane tasks of gem and fish collection. I can't even express the relief I felt when I finally maxed out the main syndicate while to this day I have yet to complete Little Duck or the Vent Kids...and have no desire to do so.

Yet Jupiter..I can play in there all day long.

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I would say to them just keep it simple...I had more fun in 2019 with Guass, Wisp, the Fulmin, and the Jupiter Rework over the entirety of Orb Vallis which still to this day makes me groan in disgust whenever I have to ignore NW's' a perfect animal capture to the mundane tasks of gem and fish collection. I can't even express the relief I felt when I finally maxed out the main syndicate while to this day I have yet to complete Little Duck or the Vent Kids...and have no desire to do so.

Yet Jupiter..I can play in there all day long.

Are you my twin brother who got separated from me after birth?

Hopefully they will allow to hire someone for railjack in exchange for that rep from Fortuna, so it's not wasted. I've also saw a video on YouTube how to farm a lot of rep for vent kids doing loops on a pipe near checkpoint, but controls for that back to the future thing are so clunky that I tried and concluded that I can not be bothered anymore. Dude on YT made it look easy though, maybe it's just me.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

Explain how this is the communities fault.

Attitude.

Entiled, beligerent, self-over-hyped, unrealistic, Attitude.

It's not the idea posting about things that one wants changed or fixed, it's about the immature, elitist dribble spewn forth by rabid gamers that don't know how to communicate with people.

Many call this Emotional IQ.

Negative feeds on negative, the lemmings follow the herd and naysayers are cosidered 'hip and with it', so here we are.

It's somehow the 'in' thing to be a $&*^ to game developers, which it literally biting the hands you want to build your house.

So yeah, IMO, it is totally the fault of the community.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Attitude.

Entiled, beligerent, self-over-hyped, unrealistic, Attitude.

It's not the idea posting about things that one wants changed or fixed, it's about the immature, elitist dribble spewn forth by rabid gamers that don't know how to communicate with people.

Many call this Emotional IQ.

Negative feeds on negative, the lemmings follow the herd and naysayers are cosidered 'hip and with it', so here we are.

It's somehow the 'in' thing to be a $&*^ to game developers, which it literally biting the hands you want to build your house.

So yeah, IMO, it is totally the fault of the community.

At the moment the forums seem calmer (definitely calmer than when SS first dropped), and objective discussion has been given a chance to breathe and flow.

There have been those who let emotion influence what they say, burying otherwise good points (if there are any to be made). There have also been those whose good points have been successfully conveyed with cool heads and articulate phrasing, even as the frustration surrounding said points was enough to drive them to the forums in search of answers or salve.

I understand the sentiment you’re conveying (I’m not unfamiliar with the feeling) and I know the context, but I think it’s worth exercising great caution when applying it as a blanket across the entire community

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I understand the sentiment you’re conveying (I’m not unfamiliar with the feeling) and I know the context, but I think it’s worth exercising great caution when applying it as a blanket across the entire community

The community can be good and bad, all at the same time. 🙂

Just because the community can be at fault for this, does not mean every single human in that community is...

Not seeing these subtle ideas are what, IMO, have driven us to the binary ideas typically presented here on these forums - either love the game or hate it, no in-between, you are either in the 'in' crowd and a hater, or you are a white-kight-slave...

This is the level of discourse that the community is capable of, as well as the more reasoned and well though out posts that have started to appear now that the locust=hate-swarm after the big patch has passed.

I am a part of the gamer community ... to even say that to many people makes them think I live in my basement, etc., because of the sheer volume of hate-the-world-fight-the-power angst and attitude gamer rage conveys...while menawhile I play all kinds of games with all kinds of fun people and we avoid the very parts of the gamer community that make up the 'face' most people see of that community...

Communities can be complex. 🙂