Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your Other Enjoyable Frames in Scalet Spear?

Duality52

Aside from what you usually expect in Scalet Spear (Mesa, Limbo, Nova, and perhaps Rhino, Volt, Chroma), what are some frames that are not only considered to be abnormal to use in Scalet Spear, but you find enjoyable at the same time?

My list:

• Garuda: Dread Ward's lunge gets very meaty against Sentients. The 40% instant kill threshold bypasses Sentient resistances entirely, and even the Aerolyst's invincibility. She can hold her own against the Grineer now that Seeking Talons got fixed.
  • Titania: Lanterns help group up the Sentients and Grineer, while preventing them from attacking. If Tribute works properly, Thorns can help with the team's survivability.
  • Loki: Disarming Sentients and Grineer never gets old. Quite important as the Battalyst and Symbilyst's arm cannons deal unforgiving AoE damage to you and your Companions. Both the Battalyst and Conculyst abilities do not damage the Oplinks.
  • Atlas: Petrifying the Sentients is also quite effective. Petrified Aerolyst's canisters are still vulnerable to damage. Even the Rumblers can draw a bit of aggro.

Your list?

• Like 1

Rhino and chroma's buffs do not increase dmg against the condrix. Volt is the exception to that rule. You might want to advise anyone you run with that plays Chroma or Rhino that Volt would be a significantly better option.

Also isn't mag's crush causing a bug with the condrix?

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

Accidently used ESO Volt build instead of the Edilon one an I found it hilarious. I also realized that it made no difference what frames you use, as long as there is a Limbo, Gara or Nova in the squad, which made me rethink my involvment in the game once again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

Loki: Disarming Sentients and Grineer never gets old. Quite important as the Battalyst and Symbilyst's arm cannons deal unforgiving AoE damage to you and your Companions. Both the Battalyst and Conculyst abilities do not damage the Oplinks.

Excellent choice. I'd only add try Irradiating Disarm. From what I understand (and experience supports it), the when their AI switched to melee, it's programmed to make a beeline for the defense objective. Irrad Disarm will keep most of them from doing that.

Some will still try to melee the OpLinks in their confusion. But you can swiftly dispatch them

Suggest ranged, full auto & watch the OpLinks like a hawk. The mobs can pop up behind you in the 0.9 seconds it takes to melee them off the target.

13 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I want to play wisp more but...when I do there is no limbo, frost or something in the team and in the end I just load up limbo and do the missions.

I ran Wisp earlier with a Nova and a Rhino. Fifteen waves then Little Duck pulled us out.

We had to work but it was fine. No panic. OpLinks took very minor damage.

To be clear, I'm just an regular player. Anyone could do it. It's different in some games, but here the meta is just the (assumed) fastest & easiest, not the only thing that works.

You know who's great for this is duration Trin. With Vampire Leech overshields, plus her 4 she won't go down. Her 3 prevents knockdowns.

She doesn't need Zenurik, so she can maintain combo. Redeemer builds combo fast, one-shots everything for most of the mission. Falls off a bit toward the end, but still viable.

Last few waves, she can keep everyone on their feet, including pets. Speedup right there.

28 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

I ran Wisp earlier with a Nova and a Rhino. Fifteen waves then Little Duck pulled us out.

To be clear, I'm just an regular player. Anyone could do it. It's different in some games, but here the meta is just the (assumed) fastest & easiest, not the only thing that works.

Nova is a good choice too, but it has some risks.
I did it with Vauban also but they took a considerable amount of damage.
The thing is if you don't bring some kind of cc or defence frame(loki even worked for some time) when they level up to 150-160(that's about 15?) they just destroy the links.
The other comp that worked was 4 mesas, shooting all the time. 😄

5 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:
6 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

Nova is a good choice too, but it has some risks.
I did it with Vauban also but they took a considerable amount of damage.
The thing is if you don't bring some kind of cc or defence frame(loki even worked for some time) when they level up to 150-160(that's about 15?) they just destroy the links.
The other comp that worked was 4 mesas, shooting all the time. 😄

You ran it with Vauban? Nice 👍

By far the most fun I've had in this even has been the off-meta, barely-made-it runs. There's a feeling of accomplishment.

By far I used 2 frames.

Mag and volt.

Volt is pretty good for boosting your damage and protecting the oplink. Also his 4th is an awesome Cc ability.

Mag is also pretty good. Polarize and magnetize solves most problems and then you have pull for fast Cc and Crush is nice if you need that overshield.

Edited by JackHargreav

16 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

By far the most fun I've had in this even has been the off-meta, barely-made-it runs. There's a feeling of accomplishment.

I kinda agree...but for the first 10-ish runs.
After that I just want to get it over with as easy and quickly as possible. XD