Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battalyst Laser Attack Needs A Nerf

(XBOX)SanctusRuin

In the Scarlet Spear event, once the Battalysts get to a certain level their laser beam attack seems to one shot just about everyone no matter who they are. I am usually Frost for the event and even with all 3 Umbral Mods on him I still seem to die in one or two hits from the laser beam attack which really makes fighting the Battalysts not fun. I shouldn't be dying so quickly when I have over 900 armor, over 900 HP, and Tau resistance from the 3 Umbral mods.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, (XB1)xXSosukeAizenXx said:

In the Scarlet Spear event, once the Battalysts get to a certain level their laser beam attack seems to one shot just about everyone no matter who they are. I am usually Frost for the event and even with all 3 Umbral Mods on him I still seem to die in one or two hits from the laser beam attack which really makes fighting the Battalysts not fun. I shouldn't be dying so quickly when I have over 900 armor, over 900 HP, and Tau resistance from the 3 Umbral mods.

Its the Hougyoku's fault. Take it off.

• Like 3

Their attacks are incredibely easy to dodge though, if you notice them start it. Simply running around them does the trick. With exception of the "disco laser" attack, that is. But then again, you could just jump up to dodge it, and maybe cling to a wall.

Edited by Dante
  • Like 2

On a more serious note, I find it hard to believe that he/she gets 1-shot by them but~, then again... No one, apparently, had an Anti-Sentient build since U7...

Spoiler

... Until I appeared, that is...

Now, the real question is... was the OP engaging Sentients inside the lvl100 max range, where [DE]Steve said that that's where the game's balanced, give or take 5 or 10 levels? Or was the OP trying to reach broken level ranges, just to be "one more", but got his/her rear end broken instead?

Edited by Uhkretor

22 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

They don't need a nerf, they need better animation indicators. I get hit by "invisible" lasers when I'm supposedly not stepping into the beams range, sometimes even when I move under them.

This.

Warframe in general needs way better conveyance. Trying to find the one dude shooting you with invisible hitscan bullets, anyone?

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Warframe in general needs way better conveyance. Trying to find the one dude shooting you with invisible hitscan bullets, anyone?

Indeed, especially when the hit detector bugs out and lies to you (which has happened to me on more than one occasion).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Indeed, especially when the hit detector bugs out and lies to you (which has happened to me on more than one occasion).

It's not even that useful to begin with.

Warframe's a VERY 3D game, attacks come from up and down and all around and a 2D circle just doesn't cut it. And I swear it's put in your blind spot...

1 час назад, (XB1)Cram Duahcim сказал:

Please no nerfs to The Sentients.

They are suppose to be the most difficult faction in the game. I personally want to see them get buffed a little more 🤷‍♂️

they are not “hard”. they are clunky where u need hit them with kid or one of couple specific weapons to reset their def...thats annoying and not fun. 

32 minutes ago, SpacewalkerX said:

are you talking about the disco attack? that is very clearly telegraphed for people to get out of the way.

I just get under them and pop 'em out, all ready when they land with mah thing on hand...

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

They don't need a nerf, they need better animation indicators. I get hit by "invisible" lasers when I'm supposedly not stepping into the beams range, sometimes even when I move under them.

Yeah pretty much. I'm fine with getting my ass handed to me once in awhile but it isnt fun when it feels like it's not your fault. 

If the attack was more visible (without being blinding) then it would be like "okay my fault for not avoiding that".

1 hour ago, (XB1)xXSosukeAizenXx said:

Lol. Im usually the Mesa on the ground team focused on killing the sentients as soon as they spawn. Every time I let one of those guys slip through the cracks it seems to not go well for somebody on the team.

• Like 1

if we're talking about the Disco Laser, that attack just doesn't sync well with the visual. avoiding those Lasers is effectively not a thing since you will take Damage when none of the Lasers are actually hitting you, Et Cetera.

• Like 1

So we have a player who's finds their best and clearest options to be ineffective in aiding them.. and players are responding to as if to say, "I'd rather you get punished into exile, than I get bored."  (**Cooperative gameplay achieved. 10/10ign best game design 2020)

I'd like to give my thoughts on how I see this, from my perspective.

They're using the Umbral set which is made for survival of Sentients.. They're using a tanky base frame for CC and defense. This should Clearly be, one of those dream scenarios very capable of significantly simplifying things. Warframe has taught us that there's a way to make it just the level of easy that you want, through mods and powers. However, the mods made to help with the difficulty curve of sentient damage, aren't successfully doing that for them. Umbral mod levels and umbral forma ain't cheap! It takes a toll on your options for features like/utility/mobility, as well as costing great deals of endo and time dedicated to obtain.. For their scarcity, late game placement, set requirements, etc... there should be a reasonable expectation that they feel as thought they work as intended. (Not total immunity, but certainly not a 1 or 2 attacks being a death sentence. If An unmodded frame would have the same relative result.. clearly, there is a oversight in the design of those mods..)

Not only will their grind probably be slower for the loss of other mod potential, but they're not having enough fun to make up the difference in time invested over drop rate.. and that cost them probably 2 Umbral forma to learn that the Umbral set was a waste. (Yikes.) If they play in this style, it may well be that their journey to obtain those Umbral forma was exponentially longer than average, meaning it was all a Superb waste of time. (Double Yikes.)

We can all have greater difficulty any time we want.. by foregoing the mods that aid our survival, we can be faster, deadlier, and more faster through the grind, making our time more rewarding. Neither feel like worthy options to this player, and thus this content was not designed to engage their play style, or utilize either rewards or methods of engagement that they care about.

Should those among you feel that it was too easy.. perhaps you just picked a set of mods and weapons that sounded right to you, and had too simple  a'time with it.. that's exactly what they were getting at: Why, while making educated guesses based on faction and in game experience, aren't the mods Made For defense against those enemies, working to defend sufficiently against those enemies? Something else is, rather than having the same response of, "yes, please. More of this, and more difficult," as you've had.. these missions are causing them to lean as far as possible into being risk averse, and they've neither been compelled to push through and rise to the challenge, or feel the effort is worth while. ...Perhaps the worth of the mission to them, compared to the difficulty, feels off..

OP, If I may ask the following:

• Does this mission not feel rewarding enough to pursue at it's current difficulty? / Is there any reward that would be compelling?
  • If the attack and mod values remain the same, what could be done, if anything, to improve this experience?
  • Has pressure/judgement/dismissiveness from other players devalued your engagement with this experience significantly?
  • Like 4

Just as I thought, every time DE adds challenging content the casual majority comes in to nerf that challenge. Welp, only a matter of time before DE nerfs Battalyst. 

Better fix would be to fix the bugs where the laser hitbox doesn’t sync with the laser visuals.

You know, a good idea is to keep an eye out for them because you know they will be around and make them a priority target.

Everyone I played with change targets immediatly when they see a Battalyst, they are not hard to see with their big shoulder pads and their preparation for the disco ball of ouch, while not easy to see if the area is in the amidst of particles effects, is very telling.

Side note: F*ck that disco ball of ouch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Just as I thought, every time DE adds challenging content the casual majority comes in to nerf that challenge. Welp, only a matter of time before DE nerfs Battalyst. 

Better fix would be to fix the bugs where the laser hitbox doesn’t sync with the laser visuals.

I don't think they have much choice really.. they could buff options and mechanics to help these players who are caught in design oversights.. but then everyone feels obligated to use those to make an example of the fight being too easy, anyway. This game can be wicked hard if people chose for it to be.. just unequip health mods, use off-meta gear.. until it feels right. It's important they design for both risk averse and players that like challenge, else either part of their player base will disengage.. but how do you get people to accept a risk, when it means potentially losing drops and prolonging the grind?

Edited by kapn655321