Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are responsible for the quality of our releases, and when it comes to Series 3, we do not want its functionality to be what you’re focused on. We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level. With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

Please dont release it if its not ready. I would prefer waiting another month for a working product then a rushed one which most things seem to feel like atm. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

3 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah but will it finally deliver on the promise of "be rewarded passively as you play"? Cause with 6 months minus 2 days to go, by just playing the game the way I normally do, I only ended up at rank 16. So, will that be fixed or should I keep on trashing Trashwave as I always do until you deliver on your promises?

Well it seems like it has done just that. You said you hit rank 16 from playing passively. The whole point of nightwave is to give you stuff to do/work towards. Yeah there will be some passive rewards but if you want to complete the series then you have to actually try, which I think is a good thing.

After Glassmaker, has the team thought about a systematic Nightwave system that removes lore from the picture and just has back to back seasons for rewards with set start and end times like Prime Access? I ask because this Intermission II is exactly the trap Sorties "seasons" slipped into as well as The Sacrifice.

3 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:
3 hours ago, dragonseth07 said:

16 Ranks in 6 months of play?

What have you been doing for the last 6 months? Bullet jumping around in your Orbiter, listening to Ordis?

At least bullet jumping would finish a Trashwave challenge every now and then. But apparently playing the game like a normal human being doesn't

Nightwave is part of the game lol. If you play nightwave like everyone else then you would have no issues.

Sooo... I have to ask. How does DE plan to avoid this in the future? And can we get a solid commitment from DE that something different will be done instead of just endlessly extending the next intermission? 

Can you just be up front with the intermissions? Have them go to the 60 or 90 levels and then start over? Umbral forma being limited by content drought it silly. Tbh at this point it should be in the market. Like all the other forma. 

Or we should have some other way to acquire it besides the current method. Which is us praying to RNGesus that nightwave intermission will end. It is fine to admit mistakes. We won't be upset. All we want is a little consideration. 6 months of intermission is longer than all the current nightwave seasons combined. can we get some hard limits? Like a promise on a devstream that if intermission ever goes this long again you will just reset it. That way we can get our special rewards. Its not great but its better than just ignoring us.  

8 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

PLAY! Not READ a list of CHORES.

They've gotten so dumbed down, you can finish weeklies in about an hour. How do you play the normal game in a fashion that doesn't permit an easy 30 levels in 6 months? You can skip Nightwave right up until 2 weeks left and do catch up to hit max rank by the way. You don't even need to be active anymore.

2 hours ago, Vanthenos said:

Simple Solution

A Nightwave rotation should always lasts exactly 3 month, doesn't matter if it's an Intermission or Series.
If there is no new Series restart the Intermission.

This is the perfect summary. Bumping this. @[DE]Rebecca 

PS Rebecca, you are amazing. ty for putting up with all our "stuff". 😉 gotta avoid that filter and all. 

Just now, Malaki_7 said:

You dont play nightwave by reading.

You don't play nightwave, period.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

They've gotten so dumbed down, you can finish weeklies in about an hour. How do you play the normal game in a fashion that doesn't permit an easy 30 levels in 6 months? You can skip Nightwave right up until 2 weeks left and do catch up to hit max rank by the way. You don't even need to be active anymore.

Yeah, that's if you actively check what the challenges are and specifically do them. I mean I'm rank 31 today and I was rank 16 two days ago, so it's not hard. But, they advertised it as passive rewards while you play, and that's exactly what I did with this intermission, ignored the chore list completely and played the game however I felt like playing. Which just shows how bad the system is and how much DE lied in the advertising for Trashwave.

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

You don't play nightwave, period.

Yeah, that's if you actively check what the challenges are and specifically do them. I mean I'm rank 31 today and I was rank 16 two days ago, so it's not hard. But, they advertised it as passive rewards while you play, and that's exactly what I did with this intermission, ignored the chore list completely and played the game however I felt like playing. Which just shows how bad the system is and how much DE lied in the advertising for Trashwave.

How often are your expectations met on releases of updates? When I saw Nightwave, the first thing I saw was "Seasons". This led me to remember Sorties "Seasons". I see Intermission II last 6 months and I didn't even blink.

There is no such thing in Warframe as "passive rewards while you play". When you play the game, there's some sort of resource you are farming with the cost of time. Intrinsics, Affinity, Focus, Nano Spores, Arbitrations for Endo/Kuva, Kuva, Platinum, Prime stuff, Polymer Bundle, Credits, Condition Overload, Ducats. You name it, it's farmed. Nightwave is no different, and I would say it is the most mild grind for some very good rewards.

Now look, you can be disappointed in Nightwave. I am too. However, I don't think Nightwave will ever be able to just let you hit rank 30 without doing specific challenges unless:

1) You play all content here and there on a regular basis.

2) The challenges are reduced further to becoming login rewards or completely trivial things like "bullet jump" and nothing else.

4 hours ago, (PS4)manicmartz61 said:

Is it so hard to just say thanks guys, we know it's been tough but lets play it 1st and see what it's all about.

Saying thanks is only reserved for when one has made a major improvement on something, instead of it being to correct an issue that said one had caused themselves, especially for consecutively fixing things they kept causing. With not only having a chain of fiascos on the `rushed updates` between kuva liches, railjack and scarlet spear, but also on all the hotfixes that clearly should of been part of the releases to begin with. Throw in the fact they poorly designed the nightwave intermission 2, by even going so far to put DUPES of items literally in the reward track, with similar fiascos i believe with intermission 1 if i recall right.

There is a reason why many would agree that instead of throwing the 2nd season of nightwave`s rewards directly into the reward track, it should of been buyable in the exchange shop and a huge load of nightwave credits would of been in its place, that could be used to buy said items for those who MISSED them OR they could use that load of nightwave creds for other useful things like potatoes & kuva.

So though we can be THANKFUL, that stuff is finally coming soon, It does not really excuse the fact we had to suffer several extra months of a nightwave intermission, with a large sum of rewards just being dupes of items that basically came out just last year, Where apologies if this sounds a bit elite`ist, It kind of makes people feel rather jerk chained to get some fancy fashion items to only have them re`appear multiple times, as if you had no real reason to suffer thru the badly designed challenges when they first came out, when you could of just waited for the intermission to get them likely with much less hassle, If one has no FOMO for umbra forma.

Now if D.E. wants to really make an impression, i would like to believe they need to RIP out alot of the nightwave challenges, make them more generalized and just let people clear them by playing the game without having to go do silver groves, go do a 30+ min kuva survival, go do all 3 eidolons, go do profit taker, Just KEEP it simple, so regardless if your MR 0 or MR 28, you can clear all objectives within a week, n JUST get rid of dailies and just add those points to the weeklys. Keep the FOMO, especially DAILY FOMO out time-limited content or preferably out of the game in general, which needs to tone down on the FOMO grind for many reasons.

Cause i would certainly like to believe if alot of content that works on a daily system right now were to be changed to a weekly system, such as being able to do Sortie 7 times a week, any day of the week, would be a much better improvement for many players.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

How often are your expectations met on releases of updates? When I saw Nightwave, the first thing I saw was "Seasons". This led me to remember Sorties "Seasons". I see Intermission II last 6 months and I didn't even blink.

Well, frankly, when I saw it, flashbacks of my short, unrewarding time in Fortnite came back to me. It's a season pass to me, it always was, Steve even said that's what it is, and I frankly expect it to work as such.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There is no such thing in Warframe as "passive rewards while you play. When you play the game, there's some sort of resource you are farming with the cost of time. Intrinsics, Affinity, Focus, Nano Spores, Arbitrations for Endo/Kuva, Kuva, Platinum, Prime stuff, Polymer Bundle, Credits, Condition Overload, Ducats. You name it, it's farmed. Nightwave is no different, and I would say it is the most mild grind for some very good rewards.

See above.

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Now look, you can be disappointed in Nightwave. I am too. However, I don't think Nightwave will ever be able to just let you hit rank 30 without doing specific challenges unless:

1) You play all content here and there on a regular basis.

2) The challenges are reduced to becoming login rewards or completely trivial things like "bullet jump" and nothing else.

No, Nightwave can become that while still providing the people with these "challenges" (none of which are challenging, mind). Have them all active at the same time, and just keep ranking them up.

For example, you do the challenge "Finish 3 spy missions". You finish the spy missions, get the standing, the challange ranks up to "Finish 6 spy missions." You do those 6 spy mission, get 150% of the standing, challange ranks up to "Finish 9 spy missions". You finish those 9 more spy missions, get 200% standing, challenge ranks up to "Finish 15 spy missions".

And so on. It doesn't restrict players into wasting their time doing just that one thing that Nightwave asks of them, and it instead allows them to play however they feel like. If someone feels like only doing spy missions for 6 months, so be it, Nightwave still rewards them passively as promised while providing an ever increasing challenge and deterrent from repetitive gameplay.

Cause, as it is, Nightwave is a good repellent for all types of gameplay. You maybe want to forma a weapon, but you don't cause who knows if next week the forma challenge appears in Nightwave. Or you wanna do a quick profit taker with the gang but, ah, screw it, the challenge is completed for this week so what's the point, especially when there's a tridolon challenge still to complete? The fact that if you actually engage with Nightwave makes you stop playing the game in a way you enjoy is what makes this system a complete failure, and why I will never let them down until the fix it. Because if there's something that I hate more than bad, it's wasted potential, which nightwave has plenty of.

25 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

No one is forcing you to play nightwave first of all. But literally what is the point of a system if it doesn't give you anything different to do in the game. You can already play like normal and get passive rewards from nightwave, but if you actually want the rewards it is not hard to do it.

Just now, Malaki_7 said:

No one is forcing you to play nightwave first of all. But literally what is the point of a system if it doesn't m give you anything different to do in the game. You can already play like normal and get passive rewards from nightwave, but if you actually want the rewards it is not hard to do it.

If only it were different. But it's not, it's the same boring stuff that I've been playing for the past almost 4000 hours. After that amount of time, you already know what's boring and what's nit, and you'd rather not do the boring stuff. So, what you call different is what I call making me play boring stuff, and no reward in the world is worth that pain.

I agree that in the future with these intermissions there either needs to be an option to prestige after level 30 or, my preference, add the rewards (Umbra Forma, slots, etc.) to the Nightwave store. Anyway, looking forward to the Devstream this week, as I said in another topic, I really do think this may be the most crucial Devstream in the game's history.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

If only it were different. But it's not, it's the same boring stuff that I've been playing for the past almost 4000 hours. After that amount of time, you already know what's boring and what's nit, and you'd rather not do the boring stuff. So, what you call different is what I call making me play boring stuff, and no reward in the world is worth that pain.

So you are saying that you dont want to play the missions to do the reward because they are boring and not worth it but instead you want to do the also same boring missions and get the rewards passively which would hardly be different than doing the nightwave. I admit that there are definitely challenges in nightwave that are nothing new, but atleast it puts a little emphasis on exploring some abandoned content.

1 minute ago, Malaki_7 said:

So you are saying that you dont want to play the missions to do the reward because they are boring and not worth it but instead you want to do the also same boring missions and get the rewards passively which would hardly be different than doing the nightwave. I admit that there are definitely challenges in nightwave that are nothing new, but atleast it puts a little emphasis on exploring some abandoned content.

There's a reason that content's abandoned, and I'd rather not return to the ruins, thank you very much!

44 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I hope RJ is not forgotten. We are still waiting for the command intrinsics.

we are still waiting for phase 3,,   "we plain on releasing Railjack in three phase,  the dry dock, take flight and  find answers "...why do I get the feeling only the third orb mother knows the answer....

Archived