Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

At least bullet jumping would finish a Trashwave challenge every now and then. But apparently playing the game like a normal human being doesn't.

I don't know what to tell you, dude. It sounds like you want Nightwave to reward you for being AFK in a menu.

The things it wants you to do are part of the game, and normal human beings do them.

Can there be some changes to the overall systems of Nightwave? Nightwave as it is now is pretty bad, tbh.

Just reward NW Credits for completing challenges and allow those credits to be able to purchase anything within the store, so then people can just spend them on what they like. Then add in some "Resource Caches" to be buyable for things like Oxium which was something the Alerts handled much better and would work well for newer players.

This would streamline the system and not have it require ranks, standing, and credits, which is basically 3 different "currencies" in a way, and instead have it just rely on the NW Credits earned from completing challenges.

Still need a mute & disable though on Nora's dialogue / popups, too. Opening a menu shouldn't just have some generic line autoplay, same goes for other Syndicate menus.

2 minutes ago, dragonseth07 said:

I don't know what to tell you, dude. It sounds like you want Nightwave to reward you for being AFK in a menu.

The things it wants you to do are part of the game, and normal human beings do them.

So, formaing frames and weapons, farming for mods, farming for endo, playing ESO, playing any mission on the star chart, playing Railjack, playing Scarlet Spear, increasing syndicate ranks, fishing, mining, trading... none of that stuff is what normal human beings do in this game, eh? Well, I'm happy to be the odd one out. At least I'm having fun doing those.

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, formaing frames and weapons, farming for mods, farming for endo, playing ESO, playing any mission on the star chart, playing Railjack, playing Scarlet Spear, increasing syndicate ranks, fishing, mining, trading... none of that stuff is what normal human beings do in this game, eh? Well, I'm happy to be the odd one out. At least I'm having fun doing those.

If you were actually doing those things, you'd be way more than Rank 16, because of the challenges that ask for it.

Just now, dragonseth07 said:

If you were actually doing those things, you'd be way more than Rank 16, because of the challenges that ask for it.

Oh if only those "challenges" were there at all times, I would have no complaints. But no, Trashwave has to be a job where you need to wait for all the planets to align before you can actually forma your frames or play ESO.

Please separate the story from the Nightwave store, it honestly holds it down severely. Adding lore and stuff is fine by me, but tying it to with the Nightwave store delays the new season(s) which is not a good thing. Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

quality of our releases

Hopefully significantly less knockdown or stagger from now on, because it is getting more n more trolling ever since the explosive weapon changes.

Even Kuva Guardian can troll knockdown you when clearly you have hit them with your void blast first but they just refuse to be staggered and drop their melee, instead they will continue to knock you down first, only then will they get staggered by your void blast and drop their melee after knocking you down. lol very troll my friend.

Just had a thought....

From a personal perspective I don't see more lore and adding interactivity to Nora as using dev time wisely considering how far behind they are... it literally feels like adding a new coat of paint on walls that are falling down around you. 

Adding 'interactivity to Nora' and more lore doesn't add any gaming content or improve the actual things we need to do in nightwave... in fact as a high level MR, nightwave missions are nothing more than chores in most cases so I hope nightwave missions are getting some changes as well.

Damn, that was 6 months? Well, next one if you bump the prestige to a straight lvl 100, you can probably keep it going for maybe 4 months amd we wouldn't complain much (or at least *I* wouldn't, not gotta speak for everyone else but I always treated Nightwave as a background thing to do whenever. Since I can always catch up to previous challenges, I can just do it when I feel like it.). Also, any possibility we could have some sort of "Possible Items" list for the cred shop? It's annoying to spend credits and later on the shop rotates to have something unexpectedly cool in stock and you're low on creds.

The long answer is one rooted by setback after setback we have faced as developers due to our own choices - we are entirely responsible for each additional day this Intermission II lasted. We have had issues with timing, creative choices, a bit of a work-from-home interruption, and more. But when each of those issues is scrutinized, they all fall back to one major issue: quality. 

So a six month intermission was delays by timing (releasing other content instead?), creative choices (for Glassmaker or for that other content?), a work from home interruption....

Yes, yes, the month of work from home certainly has been a reason this intermission lasted for six months. The five months before the interruption...please...

Glassmaker wasn't ready five months on...that was too long...adding another month or more becomes a drop in the bucket for the delay length.

A third entry into the Nightwave system is a lower-risk for quality - but what surrounds its development is extremely high risk - Scarlet Spear, Railjack, Warframe Revised, these labour- and creative-intensive updates have all impacted our ability to release Series 3. Each update brought a new set of fresh challenges and problems to solve, which unfortunately pushed the goalpost further back. 

So the delay was (at least in part) because other things were more important. Fine. If only the 'quality' put into Glassmaker had made it into those other priorities to at least justify the delay.

Glad something is coming for Nightwave but honestly the concern now is "was Glassmaker rushed to appease the player community" or is it truly 'ready' at the quality level DE wants for its content.

If Glassmaker is a buggy mess it will be a huge mistake to rush it out...ha.."rush" it out seven months later.

We will be waiting and watching....lets hope it works out for the best.

1 минуту назад, Zoh_Veldae сказал:

Damn, that was 6 months? Well, next one if you bump the prestige to a straight lvl 100, you can probably keep it going for maybe 4 months amd we wouldn't complain much (or at least *I* wouldn't, not gotta speak for everyone else but I always treated Nightwave as a background thing to do whenever. Since I can always catch up to previous challenges, I can just do it when I feel like it.). Also, any possibility we could have some sort of "Possible Items" list for the cred shop? It's annoying to spend credits and later on the shop rotates to have something unexpectedly cool in stock and you're low on creds.

no,we will complain. Nobody needs this tedious 15 credits farm. For months -_-

could we get like, a certain amout of credit per challenge completed? just to avoid being locked for a long time while doing the normal rewards till 30, i know we got 125 credits like on rank 3 but those goes away pretty quick when a damn mr fodder weapon costs 50 credits and a whole vauban set costs exactly 125
but just to avoid making us go thought a bunch of ranks without being able to buy anyrhing

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Tenno,

As you’ll soon see in our marketing channels, Intermission II is ending on May 3 on all platforms. Spend your Intermission II Cred! In the coming weeks, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will start to unfold, with a whole new series of exclusive Rewards and newly added challenges -- many designed and suggested by the community!. 

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

This post is to explain why; 

The short answer to ‘why’ is because of the want to put not only the much emphasized ‘more Lore’ within the series, but also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

The long answer is one rooted by setback after setback we have faced as developers due to our own choices - we are entirely responsible for each additional day this Intermission II lasted. We have had issues with timing, creative choices, a bit of a work-from-home interruption, and more. But when each of those issues is scrutinized, they all fall back to one major issue: quality. 

A third entry into the Nightwave system is a lower-risk for quality - but what surrounds its development is extremely high risk - Scarlet Spear, Railjack, Warframe Revised, these labour- and creative-intensive updates have all impacted our ability to release Series 3. Each update brought a new set of fresh challenges and problems to solve, which unfortunately pushed the goalpost further back. 

We are responsible for the quality of our releases, and when it comes to Series 3, we do not want its functionality to be what you’re focused on. We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level. With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER! 

Simple Solution

A Nightwave rotation should always lasts exactly 3 month, doesn't matter if it's an Intermission or Series.
If there is no new Series restart the Intermission.

Archived