Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

DE, we can understand that you  can be maybe vexed that most players don't like t all the artistic direction you gave to Nora, and see her more as an unpleasant inconvenience at best than anything else, for what is a overdone cheklist before anything else (what nightwaves are in fine , like what you find in most MMO actually when you take out all that disrupting wordy and some would say overacted fluff, but Nightwaves as such are not a bad thing nor a bad idea), and yes it's always disapointing to realize that something you thought cool, fresh, innovative, inspiring, whatever you like inside your creative bubble or between your peers ends up being disapproved by a lot of your players but : Nora specific mute button when ?
Beyond some harsh reactions to the last updates you released, your game is still good, players still like it a lot, please allow them to enjoy it in the best conditions they see fit.

On 2020-04-23 at 9:11 AM, (XB1)IamMacha said:

Now, I'm probably misinterpreting the line that says "use your cred before may 3rd" but does that mean it will expire or no longer be used for the new stuff?

No longer be used, I'm pretty sure I still have old nightwave credits

I was wondering when nightwave would finally get some attention. I guess now it's time has come.

I can't wait to see what this new update for it will be about. Intermission II ended quickly for me since I never really payed attention to the quests and just passively got the ranks as I played the game.

Well, i see the bright side about it:

People that joined in late (like some veterans returning) or had other reasons to join in (like beeing new to the game) had a longer chance getting more rewards or finishing nightwave.

So, sure, about time nightwave ends now but i dont see it in a to bad way (except for maybe the cap i read about with level 150 or something)

Only thing i noticed which is strange is: If someone didnt completed War Within, that Tenno still gets the mission of doing a sortie, which the Tenno of course cant complete. Shouldnt that kind of stuff be locked for such Tenno so they dont get frustrated about "What is a Sortie" and "Why cant i complete it" ? Only a suggestion nothing more

Curious about the new Nightwave, just hope you didnt made the search to frustrating for some people out there finding all clues (I dont mind, but know some people that would get frustrated fast if its hidden way to well)

On 2020-04-20 at 5:21 PM, Gabbynaru said:

You don't play nightwave, period.

Yeah, that's if you actively check what the challenges are and specifically do them. I mean I'm rank 31 today and I was rank 16 two days ago, so it's not hard. But, they advertised it as passive rewards while you play, and that's exactly what I did with this intermission, ignored the chore list completely and played the game however I felt like playing. Which just shows how bad the system is and how much DE lied in the advertising for Trashwave.

rank 16 two days ago...even at 9000/10000 in rank 16...

weekly totals: 7000, 7000, 4500, 4500, 4500, 4500, 1000, 1000, 1000 = 35000. Plus another 3000 for another daily so 38000. 10000 per rank...3.8 ranks...with the 9000/10000 means 4.7 ranks?

38000 + 9000 = 47000.

16 + 4 = 20.  Maybe if some recovered show up...say 7000, 7000, 4500, 4500, 4500, 4500 = 35000....

47000 + 35000 = 82000,,,,8.2 ranks.

16 + 8 = 24 rank?

Just confused how you got 15 ranks in two days?

1 hour ago, EzioTheEagle said:

Nightwave ending tomorrow
Wonder if Glassmaker will start from tomorrow or next week

I think it will be at least a couple of weeks (if not more). I believe they said they were launching it on all platforms simultaneously on the last Devstream and on the last Prime Time, Megan said that when consoles got the Railjack Revisited update it would come with Nightwave and console updates are always at least a couple of weeks behind PC (due to certification). 

11 hours ago, Eklectus said:

There's going to be a ~2 week wait. No idea why there needs to be an intermission after the intermission, but now we're going right back to the problem that brought life to the intermissions in the first place.

thats so dumb. Half year of Intermission for another couples of weeks to wait....DE are really upsetting last year. Liches, awful Nightwave, Scarlet spear. Ooof. Just ooof. 

11 hours ago, AnhurShu said:

I think it will be at least a couple of weeks (if not more). I believe they said they were launching it on all platforms simultaneously on the last Devstream and on the last Prime Time, Megan said that when consoles got the Railjack Revisited update it would come with Nightwave and console updates are always at least a couple of weeks behind PC (due to certification). 

why not ending NW on PC at the same time they will deliver new season?? “Oh, PC will need to wait stupid consoles for 2 werks, hmmmm. Lets disable season now.” Logic...

3 hours ago, Talinthis said:

and when glassmaker is about to end imma complain  i didnt have enough time to finish it.

nobody can stop me.

Hide contents

just try.

Stop right there criminal scum, you violated my mother.

While I'm happy that Glassmaker is coming, I still don't see the reason for us to wait THAT much longer. We had 6 months of intermission, and now it's ending and we still aren't getting anything new. So we are basically left with nothing while we wait again. But who knows, maybe we will actually get Glassmaker tomorrow, and that would be amazing. But that just may be me being hopeful, because I am so excited for series 3. 

I love Warframe and I have actually like the recent content, it's just the wait between content can be saddening when there is a wait between waits.

We won't get it tomorrow, at Console it always has to go to CERT.
Not intended for Console CERT. Still means dozens of days

Update released when CERT go through.

Wished once without waiting in the next night wave.
Why, why not possible?

So disappointing

10 hours ago, AnhurShu said:

The "couple of weeks" delay between PC and the other platforms is purely a DE decision to let PC be the beta for new content. As has been shown in the past it is possible to release new content on all platforms on the same day...it just means when the code is "ready" it gets shipped to certification hell and PC plus other platforms wait for that process to complete.

Instead, DE pushes content to PC and reacts to the bugs with hotfixes while other platforms are in certification.

Scarlet Spear: PC - 24 Mar 2020, Switch/PS4/XB1 - 9 Apr 2020

Empyrean: PC - 12 Dec 2019, PS4/XB1 - 18 Dec 2020, Switch - 14 Jan 2020

Nightwave Intermission II: All platforms - 21 Oct 2019

Dog Days: All platforms - 2 Aug 2019

Nightwave Intermission: All platforms - 12 Jun 2019

Operation Hostile Mergers: PC - Mar 22 2019, Switch/PS4/XB1 - 11 Jun 2019

Link to Warframe forums - Announcements

Come on guys, can you stop whining already? It's just two weeks. It's been at least 24 weeks of intermission. This spam of outrage on every tiniest detail is just really getting annoying.

Next up, someone threatens to quit the game over getting another ammo drum drop. Seriously, just wait. The more time you give them to be ready, the less bugs we'll have and if you aren't happy with things are now you probably aren't going to be any happier once it drops, because nothing will satisfy you. Good grief.

I am very happy with the Intermission giving me access to rarer blueprints and Vauban. Also gave me plenty of time to learn the ropes of the game and keep being entertained and rewarded with the daily quests.

2 weeks is a very short time to wait considering the global situation right now, it means DE has cached / pre-developed content in the long term just waiting for the right time to slot it in.

Good to hear that there's something new inbound, and that DE is owning up to mistakes and taking responsibility. Which as an American is something refreshing right now. 

Here's to hoping Glassmaker starts and ends well, and the rest of the year goes well for Warframe. This year has been a trainwreck on the whole, and not just for Warframe. 

On 2020-04-20 at 1:34 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

Finally, with GLASSMAKER, we'll learn about the Corpus chairman who rose to the top of the board by hostile monopolisation of Corpus Ship Window manufacturing rights, and get our long-awaited lore explanation of why their ships are so painfully fragile and prone to decompression breaches!

..Or something less memey, but in my heart, this is who GLASSMAKER will always be.

Glassmaker is the true villain because he cuts corners to save little bits of money on each ship. 

He represents the true enemy, capitalists. 

Archived