Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do multi-abilities feel clunky to anyone else?

Zectico

7 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Yeah, maybe something like f1 to 4 would be already better, if they make this an option

That would work, but... consoles sadly. Same reason why we have a tactical menu that is clunky instead of having hotkey shortcuts for those skills.

Even a seperate toggle button would work wonders so the skil hotkey is only used for casting. The sad part is, even WoW removed massive parts of their system that was clunky, like seperately casted totems for shamans, instead you could cluster cast them later on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That would work, but... consoles sadly. Same reason why we have a tactical menu that is clunky instead of having hotkey shortcuts for those skills.

Doesn't controllers have one button that brings up all abilities? That's already better than having to swap between all of them on keyboard

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

Even a seperate toggle button would work wonders so the skil hotkey is only used for casting. The sad part is, even WoW removed massive parts of their system that was clunky, like seperately casted totems for shamans, instead you could cluster cast them later on.

Honestly, why i hate todays gaming generation, consoles can ruin great games due clunky gameplay, anyone remember exclusive games or old games that were made with the console in mind? Now due everything having online features, not just online games, everything has to fit onto everything, it ruins the gaming industry in my eyes and limits games only in what they could do.

• Like 2

Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

Doesn't controllers have one button that brings up all abilities? That's already better than having to swap between all of them on keyboard

No idea, not sure how it works on controllers, I just know they were nearly starved on space on the conrtoller when the tactical menu button got added in RJ.

Just now, Marine027 said:

Honestly, why i hate todays gaming generation, consoles can ruin great games due clunky gameplay, anyone remember exclusive games or old games that were made with the console in mind? Now due everything having online features, not just online games, everything has to fit onto everything, it ruins the gaming industry in my eyes and limits games only in what they could do.

Same. I wish DE would atleast give PC players more keybind options. We never play together with consolers so no need to limit us like them.

#pcmasterracequalityoflifematterstoo

12 hours ago, Zectico said:

Anyone else bothered by multi-abilities?

I feel like it takes forever to cast anything.

not only that, but the icons are also counter-intuitive. They should absolutely redesign all symbols into a streamlined experience (for example, putting all effects under the same category -i.e. attack/protection) with the same icon. I don't know why they felt the need to differentiate, but that's truly reinventing the wheel over and over again

• Like 1

13 hours ago, krc473 said:

Do you mean like Ivara's arrows? I don't find it to be that much of a problem. The main issue is that DE gives us totally useless options on them. Having to scroll through half as many options would improve it. But I don't think there is an issue - maybe it is easier on Controllers than KB?

I play with controller and KB, switching between them as I do different missions or play different warframes and for me personally controller is easier on these abilities. I use Wisp a lot and the only annoying part is the slow casting animation when you want to place all 3 onions as you progress through the maps, but actually placing them with controller is not an issue at all. I tried with KB and I don't know if it's mine, but the sensitivity is kinda off. When I tap 1 to rotate the onions, sometimes it rotates twice, and it never happens with my controller. And with KB sometimes when I try to tap it to rotate, it casts it instead.

12 hours ago, Marine027 said:

For Ivara it could work target wise.

- Enemy hit, sleep arrow

- Friend hit, cloak arrow

- Hit envoirment or walls, dashwire arrow

- Hit floor, noise arrow

Vauban somewhat simliar aswell, allys for buff, floor for pad, enemy for damage ball, wall for the pull traps.

Nope, I've used cloak arrows on enemies, moving defenses, allies, but also to give me a spot to Regen my energy safely. I've used dashwire on floors from higher up, don't always have 2 walls. Sleep arrow to the ground gets multiple enemies vs just the one.

• Like 1

FWIW, my thoughts on / ideas for Booben and Wisp:

Alternatively / in addition, it'd be neat if we could simply choose the starting state for stuff in general, like,
which Mote Wisp starts on, Chroma's element / Equinox' starting form without it being tied to Fashionframe,
the firing mode on weapons that can cycle through them (also which firing mode is on Primary vs Secondary Fire for direct alt fire ones), etc.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 2

To add on to what I said earlier:

I think Ivara is the only frame that pulls off the multi-ability thing well IMO considering you don't really need to use those abilities on cooldown unlike Wisp's Reservoirs and Titania's Tribute.

The only thing I'd change about Ivara's Quiver would be to outright remove or replace the Noise arrow. Honestly, I feel like that sort of thing should be available to all frames and could really benefit stealth gameplay a bit.

3 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

What about something similar for keyboard?

Maybe hitting a multi-ability once to let you pick which version of the ability to cast with the number keys - so Ivara Sleep Arrow would be cast with '1' for Quiver then '4' to fire Sleep Arrow

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zectico said:

What about something similar for keyboard?

Maybe hitting a multi-ability once to let you pick which version of the ability to cast with the number keys - so Ivara Sleep Arrow would be cast with '1' for Quiver then '4' to fire Sleep Arrow

This ^

Pretty simple solution, really. Although they should make it so you hold to enter selection and need only to press  for successive casts.

The alternative is adopting a gear wheel-like system with the mouse flick, but it would interfere with aiming in many situations.

Even simpler, let pc players bind cycle abilities to F1-F4 keys.

All valid solutions, now we just need enough people to complain for DE to even notice the issue.

Edited by Watsof
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, xHeretic said:

would cause the same clunkyness. Try ti use gear wheel fast while moving.

Gear wheels are cycled with the mouse, so you can totally keep moving for a half-second. For consoles I assume that's the right thumbstick -- did DE do something stupid and bind it to the left thumbstick, thus locking console players in place as they try to scroll items?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Gear wheels are cycled with the mouse, so you can totally keep moving for a half-second. For consoles I assume that's the right thumbstick -- did DE do something stupid and bind it to the left thumbstick, thus locking console players in place as they try to scroll items?

Dunno, I'm not a console player. If you feel comfortable going trhough wheel while gliding/moving, good, at least for me it's awful and I always use it when I have time to scroll on it, in one place.

Part of it would be knowing how much is client vs server side for the skill selection, as I have noticed that lag contributes to instances where I will cycle on Wisp and sometimes it moves twice. I've basically over time learned to compensate so that it doesn't happen much anymore however it slows down my pace vs abilities. 

I could see them doing something like hold 1(or whatever key the ability is on) then hit 1-3(4) or however many abilities to select and single button press activates. As long as you can mange to get the ability you want in minimum of two button presses then it should keep the flow going and not feel janky. 

MHW has a pretty nifty setup where you can set the order the tools on-use bar shows items and either hide stuff you know you won't use to reduce the scroll or set it to the back.

I'd rather see something like that employed as opposed to power re-balancing or, imo, cringy additions to the tap/hold mechanic as I never liked it to begin with.

4 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

MHW has a pretty nifty setup where you can set the order the tools on-use bar shows items and either hide stuff you know you won't use to reduce the scroll or set it to the back.

I'd rather see something like that employed as opposed to power re-balancing or, imo, cringy additions to the tap/hold mechanic as I never liked it to begin with.

Do you mean like letting players pick what they can toggle through?

I wish multi-abilities were normalized. I have it set so that tap and hold abilities are reversed, by default, Ivara's Quiver is tap the select, hold to cast, which is dumb, but Khora's Venari settings is hold to select, tap to cast. I have to compromise one or multiple Warframes regardless of whether I have it reversed or not.

Edited by Zandermanith222
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-31 at 4:21 AM, xHeretic said:

You aren't the only one with this issue, but honestly dunno how they can improve this

It should be changed to a 'drop-down' style interface. Taking Vauban as an example: Activating Minelayer replaces all of your abilities for one second. Tesla Nervos becomes Tether, Minelayer becomes Flechette, Photon Blast becomes Vector, and Bastille becomes Overcharger. 

The moment any of these abilities are activated, or after one second has passed, everything reverts to normal. 

This would allow for faster, more precise access that better supports the use of multiple options.

7 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

It should be changed to a 'drop-down' style interface. Taking Vauban as an example: Activating Minelayer replaces all of your abilities for one second. Tesla Nervos becomes Tether, Minelayer becomes Flechette, Photon Blast becomes Vector, and Bastille becomes Overcharger. 

The moment any of these abilities are activated, or after one second has passed, everything reverts to normal. 

This would allow for faster, more precise access that better supports the use of multiple options.

Indeed, sounds better tahn the gear wheel idea and what we have right now