Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Corpus Sabotage and suddenly Warframe felt like a horror game.

Zahnrad

Syndicates wanted me to do a Sabotage on the new tileset. To those of you who are unaware, there are three options to sabotage a ship.

Re-inserting a Fuel Cell and inserting a Coolent cell into the main room are the two most common. But there is a third, where you insert a Fuel Cell back into one of the two Coolant cell rooms. This typically causes Hazardous magnetic activity, kills the ships power and lowers the gravity. I prefer the third method as while it requires you to do a little bit more walking, you don't need to defend anything, the only way it is interupted is if an enemy interacts with the alarms.

For some reason on the new Corpus tileset these magnetic bubbles didn't appear, but it killed the lights. Presumably this is mostly to do with the improved lighting but it made for an eerie time for the rest of the mission. Felt like Dead Space but without the alien necromorphs chasing me down. Here's some pictures below.

Spoiler

qoOEfpg.jpg

pTKp4pO.jpg

u7Q5nYC.jpg

I don't know if anyone at DE will hear this, but please stage an Infested Tactical Alert or something similar in the new tileset with the lights switched off.

Edited by Zahnny
Wrote xenomorphs instead of necromorphs, totally different franchise!
  • Like 17

Oh awesome, it's my favorite method I can just go straight to the last unexplored path in the reactor room and head for extraction point when the its rebooting.

Now I kinda want an operator only quest in that setting with a handful of nigh invincible infested chasing you around.

DE: *remasters old tileset, spends weeks and weeks making it look beautiful, immersive and fun*

player: *turns off lights and wonders around in the dark.

DE: "Am i a Joke to you?"

I'd heard of the magnetic method but never bothered with it, might have to start doing this to spice up my Sabotage runs. but it's funny how the main thing with this update is the tileset and people are enjoying it more when they can't see it 😂

11 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE: *remasters old tileset, spends weeks and weeks making it look beautiful, immersive and fun*

player: *turns off lights and wonders around in the dark.

DE: "Am i a Joke to you?"

I'd heard of the magnetic method but never bothered with it, might have to start doing this to spice up my Sabotage runs. but it's funny how the main thing with this update is the tileset and people are enjoying it more when they can't see it 😂

I wouldn't say it's me disliking the tiles. In fact I really enjoy them. If anything, the detail on the level is why it looks so good in the dark. I'm not sure if linking a Doom video will get me in trouble since Doom is notoriously violent, but there's a video on Youtube of someone who played Doom, and as a result of a really weird hardware glitch, all the textures didn't load properly, making all textures pure black, but the lighting managed to work perfectly which made an unintentional glitch really enhance the look and feel of the game.

Edited by Zahnny

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

I wouldn't say it's me disliking the tiles. In fact I really enjoy them

I know, it's just I had an amusing image in my head of Steve looking all proud at the new tileset and then he sees you in pitch black like "wow this is awesome" and he's like "but.. muh work, you can't see muh work..."

I would love it if they did something like this with an Eris Rework though. that tileset needs love and I think a second pass at it would be great. Chains of Harrow, but as a tileset!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Guessing OP wasn't around for Operation Blackout. Picture similar to that but with Manics attacking and they were scary back then, they had slash procs....

Oh yeah I was, it wasn't a big memory for me though unfortunately. I do however wonder what happened to that tile we fought them in. The Highlight of that for me was hacking the Moa cabinets and it was spawning allied Shockwave moas with insanely high levels in the triple, sometimes quadriple digets.

(I also had a much worse PC back then so that could also be a factor, since I'd have graphics on low.)

Edited by Zahnny

I did the Coolant flooding version of Sabotage and lighting stayed exactly the same for me. I saw cold patches on the floor as usual.

How did you get it to turn dark like that? That looks cool!

EDIT: Oh I see, you put the Fuel Cell in the coolant receptacle! 

Edited by nslay
s/lightning/lighting/

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Syndicates wanted me to do a Sabotage on the new tileset. To those of you who are unaware, there are three options to sabotage a ship.

Re-inserting a Fuel Cell and inserting a Coolent cell into the main room are the two most common. But there is a third, where you insert a Fuel Cell back into one of the two Coolant cell rooms. This typically causes Hazardous magnetic activity, kills the ships power and lowers the gravity. I prefer the third method as while it requires you to do a little bit more walking, you don't need to defend anything, the only way it is interupted is if an enemy interacts with the alarms.

For some reason on the new Corpus tileset these magnetic bubbles didn't appear, but it killed the lights. Presumably this is mostly to do with the improved lighting but it made for an eerie time for the rest of the mission. Felt like Dead Space but without the alien necromorphs chasing me down. Here's some pictures below.

Hide contents

qoOEfpg.jpg

pTKp4pO.jpg

u7Q5nYC.jpg

I don't know if anyone at DE will hear this, but please stage an Infested Tactical Alert or something similar in the new tileset with the lights switched off.

Areas with the Infested in them used to be this dark. Had a very creepy atmosphere and really made Infested feel as horrifying as they should feel. Man do I miss that. 

• Like 1

Yeah, they really should apply that to more of the infested tiles. 

The brightness takes away a lot of the horror feel. 

I might try this and check if an infested sortie with sabotage and these tileset happen to co incide. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

@Ailia_Grimm Yep! Believe it or not you don't have to shove the fuel cell back into the reactor and blow it up each and every time.

In fact, shoving the fuel cell into the coolant tank (magnetic sabotage) is actually faster, because you don't have to unlock the blast door. You can just run straight to the extraction while the "Reactor decay" counts up to 100%. The enemies will try to activate a lockdown, but this doesn't cause mission failure and you can just open the lockdown as normal

Reminds me of the horrors during Chains of Harrow - where you're exploring in the quiet dark or being chased. More spooky sections would be so cool... especially since the Infestation hasn't really had a time in the spotlight in a while. 

Il y a 11 heures, Zahnny a dit :

Re-inserting a Fuel Cell and [...] most common. But there is a third, where you insert a Fuel Cell back into one of the two Coolant cell rooms. This typically causes Hazardous magnetic activity

For some reason on the new Corpus tileset these magnetic bubbles didn't appear

Magnetic bubble and reduced gravity are now on the fuel-cell-reinserted sabotage. Way to troll the habits, DE !