Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Knows SHields are Still Rubbish... and so they Buffed them again....

Lutesque

From The Wiki:

Treasurers have a unique shield that possesses 99% innate Damage Reduction, as well as being not bypassable (for example by Toxin damage's effect),

So... the verdict on shields is they are stupid good now... The Tenno simply are not allowed to have them.... Thanks DE.

I guess these are the only enemies in the whole game where it may actually be worth bringing magnetic. Unfortunately they are only a single enemy in a mission where toxin is usually a far better option against everything else.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is one single mob in the whole game that is also fully optional to bother with.

What exactly is the problem?

I think what they are getting at is how DE made enemy mobs easier to kill then went and made one that is hard to kill while not giving the Warframes the same type of shielding. 

At least that's how I'm looking at it. 

6 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I think what they are getting at is how DE made enemy mobs easier to kill then went and made one that is hard to kill while not giving the Warframes the same type of shielding. 

At least that's how I'm looking at it. 

Do people seriously think DE would give us a 99% toxin immune shield? Might aswell give us all godmode at that point 

Just now, akrid45 said:

Do people seriously think DE would give us a 99% toxin immune shield? Might aswell give us all godmode at that point 

Look at the original post, then look at these forums. If you have to ask me that, I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this mornin.

Yes, shields are stupid good now... on a single enemy. Whose sole purpose to not directly engage in combat and run away from you.

I don't see anything that says that it applies to any other enemy, so I don't see your point.

57 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:
59 minutes ago, akrid45 said:

Look at the original post, then look at these forums. If you have to ask me that, I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this mornin.

I think Lutesque was just making a wry observation, rather than suggesting player shields actually should make us unkillable.

But I -haven't- gotten out of bed this morning, so what do I know about anything, really.

53 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is one single mob in the whole game that is also fully optional to bother with.

This is a statement from someone who just bought protea for plat, its not optional for people trying to get her you know via farming her

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

From The Wiki:

So... the verdict on shields is they are stupid good now... The Tenno simply are not allowed to have them.... Thanks DE.

Tbh, thank goodness our shields don't have 99% dr.

Combine that with adaptation and you might as well just remove enemy damage completely.   In fact, why have enemies at all at that point?  Let's just remove them and we can bullet jump through the missions and just get rewards. 

7 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

This is a statement from someone who just bought protea for plat, its not optional for people trying to get her you know via farming her

And they could be farming weapon parts? Or something else for that matter. People being traders is an entirely legit way of playing and can use what they have earned any way they please. There are a few Frames out there that ironically are easier to get by buying them and the game gives you plenty of avenues to make Plat. So I can not see how this is an issue other than one's feelings on the matter.

I am confusion. Are people actually having problems killing that thing? Takes about as long to stop and pick up the Granum Crown as it does to kill the Treasurer. 

33 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Assume much?

1 minute ago, minininja77 said:

Nope if a person says killing the treasurer is optional the only other method to get her is via plat

You don't have to farm Protea. Everything in game is optional. 

Are the Treasures really that difficult though? It literally takes <2 seconds to melee the thing. We're talking The Sergeant level difficulty here. A little more than a speed bump.

Of all the things to complain about farming Protea and the new weapons the difficulty of the Treasures is at the bottom of the list imo. 

1 hour ago, minininja77 said:

This is one of the dumbest posts i've ever read. You know that the game is multiplayer right? You don't have to even move from spawn, you can explore the level after the other players are done, get the coin near the corpse, and finish the mission without having fired a single shot.

1 hour ago, minininja77 said:

It is still optional cos you can ignore getting Protea and the weapons if this one single mob is such a horror to kill. I havent spent money on Protea or any of the weapons, I obtained it all yesterday. The Treasurer was the least of the problem because even with a 99% damage reduction shield they still die in seconds. If someone wants to do it at the most efficient rate, bring a damn magnetic weapon with you, you have 3 slots to chose from.

It is a mob that is designed only to survive, much like a treasure gob in diablo.

The Treasurers are rubbish themselves. On the secondary only Jackal Sortie my Tombfinger could take down one of the jackal's legs in 4 or 5 solid hits. Yet it couldn't put a nick in the Treasurer's shield. I'd call that a wee bit unbalanced.

Well about that shield gap... i still can't get it... it's not like 1 enemy is shooting at us, they are hordes, aiming and shooting whenever they can! So this 1 hit saving mostly is not working! Why not make the shields to scale with armor? In that way even magnetic dmg will become really important vs corpus. Well im not saying my idea is the best but hey... shield gap idea is not neither!

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

LoL... You think Im coplaining about Treasure Boy being Tanky ? 

No buddy.... The real issue here is DE placing higher emphasis on the Survivability of the emeies Significantly higher than our own... 

Let me Grab Another Text from the Wiki to Show you:

Spoiler

As a Sentient, the Battalyst has the ability to adapt up to 4 damage type from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, with the percentage listed below:

First gate: 25% Health lost

Second gate: 45% Health lost

Third gate: 65% Health lost

Fourth gate: 80% Health lost

Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.

The damage gating also prevents Battalysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:

25% at full health

20% between 75% & 55% max HP

20% between 55% & 35% of max HP

15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Battalyst will take damage normally at every instance

For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.

Using the Operator's Void Beam,  Excalibur Umbra's  Radial Howl, a rank 40  Paracesis, or  Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.

The Part I like the Most is the The Health Gating... Sentients have theier Health Gated a whopping 4 Times...  4 Times in addtion to Their innate 50% Damage Reduction, 95% Damage Adaptaion... and Immunity To All Status Effects and most War Frame Abilities.... and what do we Non- Infinite Scaling Tenno get ? 25% Damage Reduction and a Sinlge Gating Mechanic that... lets be honest... Shield hasnt changed anything in most Situations. You may not be getting One shotted anymore but if Your shields go down... they wont be coming back unless you hide where you cannot get hit/

Inifact... because They nerfed Arcane Aegis, Shields are Actually worse now

Archived