Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

I'm kind of with you on this. If there's nothing to it I think it will do something, a shock to the system so to speak. It would make a lot of people look at what they're doing with this game and move on. I don't believe they have promised anything but it'll be another example of them not thinking this through and "what is this all for?" kind of vibe. Realistically there can't be anything to it but it will put things in perspective if handled poorly. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Merlin7331 said:

MR30 being a goal is something the players set for themselves, not something DE set. I've played plenty of games where the level cap had 0 fanfare, nor did I expect it to. 

The difference is likely those other games were legitimately fun and that's what drove your playing. Many seemingly play WF just to collect everything to increase MR as the actual game play has atrophied.

MR30 should be the end but I doubt it will be, DE will do something odd to push those collectors to keep collecting.

* Recently hit the MR999 level cap in Iceborne because I really enjoy playing, I think a couple words/phrases like "thank-you" were added to use on my guild card. Was I satisfied with this, yup. Do I still play, yup, off to do Teo event now.

:)

There is a special prize at MR30.

It will say MR30 in your profile and you will have the true master badge, which only MR30 people have. What else do you need?

Maybe they can give you a glyph of it so you can set it as your profile glyph so everyone knows to give you a standing ovation when you join a party.

Honestly? I don't care what comes after MR30, as long as I can get new fun toys to play with in game thats all that matters. If the game continues on even if theres no benefit of ranking stuff up as long as the weapons are fun to use or the new frames or any other new gear that comes. I'm down for there being nothing at all. I don't even want anything for reaching MR30. I just want more fun stuff to play with, basically. The benefits I get already from being MR29 is good enough for me.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb kamisama85:

It will say MR30 in your profile and you will have the true master badge, which only MR30 people have. What else do you need?

Show me what happened. How did I start? What have I experienced? What am I now? My adventure started 7 years ago on merkur and I still don't know who or what I am.

serious mode off -

A mission which answers this questions. Maybe they can even add some hidden lore or something. Until now we don't know who was turned in a Warframe. It could be that we were one of this experiment and on a flight trough the void our body was destroyed/ reformed and we turned into a child/ tenno? It would at least explain why the Zariman-10-0 didn't had childs in it at the start.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Merlin7331:

MR30 being a goal is something the players set for themselves, not something DE set. 

But what is if Mr. 30 was actually a set goal from DE? As long as nobody ask them nobody will know,.^^

You know what? I'm very likely unworthy but I will try it. @[DE]Meganare there any plans for Mr. 30?

MR is the least important thing in the game.
What is important?
Having fun.

Can I do BILLIONS of damage and instakill enemies? Check.
Are my frames immortal? Check.
Can I outwit enemies? Check.
Can I have fun with my wife, my brother and friends? Check.

I'm a founder who plays since October 2012 - despite my forum account being created in February 2013 - and I'm only MR 19.

I will never play weapons I dont like just for the sake of leveling MR.
I will never play frames I dont like to level MR.
Most weapons and frames are boring, fire arms are mostly boring, operator is boring, eidolon is boring, necramechs are boring.
I will never play content I dont like unless I am forced to.

And you can make any build past MR16, even using all umbra mods on non-umbra frames.

You are trying to make MR sound important when it has very small benefits when its so easy to forma items to make up for the lack of MR.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Imniscor:

You are trying to make MR sound important when it has very small benefits when its so easy to forma items to make up for the lack of MR.

You are right. I did try to explain why Masteryrank is important. And it could also be that I'm blowing it up a bit like @acevezwing already mentioned. But what you very likely overread (or simply ignorred) is that I was talking about myself. For me is Mr. important, for you not.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Imniscor:

MR is the least important thing in the game.
What is important?
Having fun.

And just like you I had also my fun.

We both have just different prefferences. You like it to do millions of damage. I like it to test new weapons (Btw. I enjoyed the most of them. The only weapons I really didn't like to use was the stug, kraken, seer, Hydroid. But for that I simply used SO and "enjoyed" 30min exp. farming.) You like it to be immortal. I like it to dodge bullets and kill my enemies on different ways. You like to outwit your enemies. I too. You like to have fun in warframe with your wife, brother and friends. I like to enjoy warframe in complete darkness without a humansoul in my near.

Who of us both is now wrong? And why?

10 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

Show me what happened. How did I start? What have I experienced? What am I now? My adventure started 7 years ago on merkur and I still don't know who or what I am.

Ask DE to write a biography about you, or maybe get your head checked for amnesia.

On 2020-07-08 at 6:17 AM, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

MR30 will come with the greatest reward imaginable...freedom from being obsessed with MR.

I doubt it, if you've walked to the end of the corridor on a relay to practice the MR 30 test, (which is not correct btw), it's just a bulk head door which will be opened to allow it go further in MR ranks.

if it doesn't go past 30 how is DE going to justify releasing any new content along with Warframes weapons, the whole system is based around an MR system, if it ceased to exist at 30 that just doesn't make sense. I can smell the stale air on the other side of that bulkhead. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Tarnish:

I feel like the earlier discussed “no longer must level items you forma” would be fair and appropriate, barring the scaling weapons like kuva lich/paracesis. 

i want GIF

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Slayer-.:

I doubt it, if you've walked to the end of the corridor on a relay to practice the MR 30 test, (which is not correct btw), it's just a bulk head door which will be opened to allow it go further in MR ranks.

if it doesn't go past 30 how is DE going to justify releasing any new content along with Warframes weapons, the whole system is based around an MR system, if it ceased to exist at 30 that just doesn't make sense. I can smell the stale air on the other side of that bulkhead. 

Mastery rank 2.0. Now with the double amount of exp needed to increase the rank.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb kamisama85:

Ask DE to write a biography about you, or maybe get your head checked for amnesia.

Just imagine the size of the biography if they insert a kill-list in it.^^

I'd go more on the side of, mechanical/gameplay rewards.

I do understand that it will annoy people who want it, but aren't anywhere near it, but at the same time, the fact that there is no sane way, without a lot of whaling, to farm up to that point in less than months and that, arguable, players already have all the 'power' they could ever want, should alleviate disgruntlement.

I don't think such an elusive and difficult to obtain reward should be expect be something even half of Warframe's player's expect to ever access.

And that can be ok.

If the warframe market has touch u anything, it's that supply has a lot to do with value to players.

On 2020-09-19 at 2:07 AM, (XB1)Merlin7331 said:

What happens if I killed every single enemy on the plains, and I don't get a reward?

It might take me hours and hours to kill them all!

MR30 being a goal is something the players set for themselves, not something DE set. I've played plenty of games where the level cap had 0 fanfare, nor did I expect it to. 

MR30 is nothing like killing every single enemies in the plain. Getting MR30 is actually alot more works.

Someone else said MR30 is like max level. It actually is not. If you want to compare the time/resource to get to MR30 to another MMO(using WoW example), its like finishing ALL quests in multiple MAX characters.

I am not suggesting MR30 should get some incredible reward. It's a player choice I agree. But please don't down play MR30 effort, its pretty hard to get...

2 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

mr 30 isnt "hard to get" it just takes time and the #*!%s to give about having a specific number next to your name. Stop acting like its some sort of grand display of skill and fortitude of character to rank up a bunch of gear.

Noone said anything about skill but it does take time, resources, and effort to achieve it. Even you acknowledge the process takes time.

Since you are implying MR30 is easy to get, how long do you think an average player will take from MR0 to MR30 in normal play? (no boosting, no buying everything)

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Or it's just another MR rank like all the others. Which is 99.9% likely.

This really has alot a rent space in your head. 

MR30 isn't just any number, it has some meaning behind it:

1) MR30 achievement under the profile used to call "The Grandmaster", I don't know when, but they changed it to "True Master" now. The word grandmaster has been meaningful in WF since the founder pack.

2) The simulacrum area the MR slots only goes up to 30. For the longest time, people were speculating what's going to happen when we reach MR30. People has been asking that for YEARS, but it was unreachable back then. Took us almost 7 years and we are finally getting close.

3) Regular weapons are max at rank 30.

So if you are asking me, I do think MR30 is special in some way. It doesn't make sense to give MR21 anything, but it does for MR30. Also, I am pretty sure the Dev already hint that they have plan for MR30. Go watch the last devstream.

What I don't understand is why so many people against giving "something" for MR30. I understand its your choice for not chasing MR, but why stop others from getting the reward? It's like you are trying to sabotage your own community.

PS. I am not suggesting gameplay advantage reward. I am only talking about cosmetic items. 

DE owes me nothing, but I have 2 wishes I would like to see fulfilled in the near future:

When I reach MR 30 give me 5 of all the relics ever released to satisfy nostalgia and secondly unlock a fully completed Codex to alleviate all the rage that came with it . FULL STOP

Wouldnt mind a 3-D glyph either.  

This post reminds me strongly of the Y2K frenzy in the year 1999, people were aghast at the idea that computers could change the date to January 1, 2000.  Instead many believed all computers would simply roll back to 0/0/0000 or whatever and the world would burn.  They feared planes falling from the sky, banks erasing everyone's finances and other moronic crap that made no sense.  

Yeah this is that for sure.  MR 30 won't be the end my friend, unless they plan on never ever making a single new weapon or frame after MR 30 is possible because eventually even the whiny casual players who fear being forced to do this or that will have ranked the dozens of new weapons that we get each year.  It may take them longer but they will get there too.

Do. Not. Panic!

28 minutes ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

When I reach MR 30 give me 5 of all the relics ever released to satisfy nostalgia and secondly unlock a fully completed Codex to alleviate all the rage that came with it . FULL STOP

You will unlock the SUPER SECRET OROKIN PATH which will require you to recomplete the entire Codex, manually, no Helios scans allowed :P

Archived