Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

He isnt really complaining though. There isnt enough information to judge the relay boosting and he definitely didnt complain about the loadslots. If anything he is complaining about not having enough information on the legendary ranks.

I know hating content creators is the popular thing here on the forums but dear god, with posts like that it's really hard for them to take you seriously.

Honestly, I didn't watch the video. I've seen some of his stuff and it's not for me. Promote broken mechanics that are most likely going to get nerfed and then release a video complaining about the nerfs. It's just a cycle that gets views. It works but kind of pointless. I just don't want to watch videos of people complaining about something that is supposed to be fun. Content creators that thrive on that negativity have a following and those people take that attitude into the game and forums. They then parrot that persons opinions as facts. If that is the environment they are creating with their content then I'm not going to take them seriously and the deserve some of the hate they get. 

There are a few content creators that I do enjoy. Recently I started watching off meta eidolon hunts. I can't play that content at that level because the internet where i live is terrible. My load in times and ping makes a 5x3 difficult. It's kind of cool to see what an organized squad can take frames and weapons that many people consider trash.

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

I know hating content creators is the popular thing here on the forums but dear god, with posts like that it's really hard for them to take you seriously.

Poor little content creators. A few of them absolutely deserve every bit of hate, since the capitalize on made up drama.

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Berzerkules:

Honestly, I didn't watch the video. I've seen some of his stuff and it's not for me. Promote broken mechanics that are most likely going to get nerfed and then release a video complaining about the nerfs. It's just a cycle that gets views. It works but kind of pointless. I just don't want to watch videos of people complaining about something that is supposed to be fun. Content creators that thrive on that negativity have a following and those people take that attitude into the game and forums. They then parrot that persons opinions as facts. If that is the environment they are creating with their content then I'm not going to take them seriously and the deserve some of the hate they get. 

There are a few content creators that I do enjoy. Recently I started watching off meta eidolon hunts. I can't play that content at that level because the internet where i live is terrible. My load in times and ping makes a 5x3 difficult. It's kind of cool to see what an organized squad can take frames and weapons that many people consider trash.

Well that's fine and all but I wouldnt jump onto the complain train just because someone else doesnt like a video without watching it yourself.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Prexades:

Poor little content creators. A few of them absolutely deserve every bit of hate, since the capitalize on made up drama.

I take it you dont even want to be taken seriously then?

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

I take it you dont even want to be taken seriously then?

Some of them absolutely do though. Many do have legitimate points, but Rage gets clicks. Some people are going to make up stuff or twist things to the negative to get clicks. One person, who shall remain nameless, has all their thumbnails be big, oversaturated skull and crossbones, swear words, 'THIS BAD', and has almost every single video title be some 'X developer did bad'.

They don't just do Warframe, but... yeah, clickbait. Lots of engineered Drama. If a platform can give people attention, there exists a few who will fight tooth and nail to get it.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

Some of them absolutely do though. Many do have legitimate points, but Rage gets clicks. Some people are going to make up stuff or twist things to the negative to get clicks. One person, who shall remain nameless, has all their thumbnails be big, oversaturated skull and crossbones, swear words, 'THIS BAD', and has almost every single video title be some 'X developer did bad'.

They don't just do Warframe, but... yeah, clickbait. Lots of engineered Drama. If a platform can give people attention, there exists a few who will fight tooth and nail to get it.

In this thread it started with just brozime's video though. No one will ever get taken seriously if they blame him for what another partner (or whatever they are called now) does.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

In this thread it started with just brozime's video though. No one will ever get taken seriously if they blame him for what another partner (or whatever they are called now) does.

Now, I don't want to speak for them, but: 

56 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Does not specify Brozime, nor blame him for other partner's actions.

It just says that some content creators do stupid S*** for the views. Which is the truth.

To me, the relay blessing thing sounds awesome.

Basically, never buy boosters again.  I'm very surprised at this tbh.  My cynical side makes me think it'll eventually have a huge caveat, like only lasts for an hour or something.  But even that would be enough to never have to buy an affinity booster again.

The other stuff is great too.

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

So, we dont have enough information to judge the relay boosting yet, he says that and explains how it could play out and that is somehow complaining? Did we watch the same video?

He starts the MR30 section by saying it's underwhelming and points out that this is going to be unused and forgotten unless the buffs are really good while lasting enough time as he deems appropriate. 

Just because he didn't say "OMG THIS GAVE ME CANCER DE SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO ME!!!One! doesn't mean he is not complaining as exemplified by him already setting conditions to meet his standards and criteria. People in this thread said I was complaining because I presented the argument of what may or may not be satisfying as a reward, so I get to measure him by the same standard.

The rewards DE showed off have inspired me. 

I am an MR18 who never cared much about mastery, but have played since like just after Gradivus Dilemma and have most of my mastery without attempting particularly to get it. 

As soon as I get my computer fixed (it's been really unreliable and crashy), I am going to start working on a major push. For someone with my resources and time in game, with some serious work I can be there in a few months. 

For once I actually feel inspired to get there. It doesn't feel like a hollow goal where your reward is "a little more incremental boosts to minor conveniences". It really is a real reward, special relay blessings, 3 umbral forma and a bunch of other stuff. Definitely feels worth grinding for now. I am going to start working on dedicating myself to mastery for the first time. 

On 2020-07-07 at 4:19 PM, Drachnyn said:

Giant backlash from like 4 people? Sounds like a storm in a teacup tbh.

Pretty much. 

The idea of giving some rewards or special attention to MR30 is more of a gratitude after all the support given to DE. We may plug in wish lists here, suggestions or rewards. The idea of having something to commemorate the player always is a good idea. It's a gift for all the time spent giving support to their game. I will venture myself writing few things that can be really productive for the game. 

1. A forma simulator where the player can practice their build without making them. This helps the player improve their repertoire. In that simulator the HELMINTH is included too so the player practice the logistics of the game and guide himself towards the resolution he or she wants. 

2. A mission simulator where the player adjusts difficulty, enemy level, number of enemies, toggles friendly fire, toggles invulnerability and so on. Inviting other players would be great too, those who achieved MR 30. In the mission simulator there is a horde mode where players programs the waves and enemy type. 

3. No XP reset every time a pole is introduced in the mod rack. This motivates high MR players re examine their repertoire making them try new things. 

4. Access hidden areas in the relay station and/or those new players who wants to start a new DOJO can use the relay station as a DOJO. 

All of these are features already in the game with the current assets. 

59 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Pretty much. 

The idea of giving some rewards or special attention to MR30 is more of a gratitude after all the support given to DE. We may plug in wish lists here, suggestions or rewards. The idea of having something to commemorate the player always is a good idea. It's a gift for all the time spent giving support to their game. I will venture myself writing few things that can be really productive for the game. 

1. A forma simulator where the player can practice their build without making them. This helps the player improve their repertoire. In that simulator the HELMINTH is included too so the player practice the logistics of the game and guide himself towards the resolution he or she wants. 

2. A mission simulator where the player adjusts difficulty, enemy level, number of enemies, toggles friendly fire, toggles invulnerability and so on. Inviting other players would be great too, those who achieved MR 30. In the mission simulator there is a horde mode where players programs the waves and enemy type. 

3. No XP reset every time a pole is introduced in the mod rack. This motivates high MR players re examine their repertoire making them try new things. 

4. Access hidden areas in the relay station and/or those new players who wants to start a new DOJO can use the relay station as a DOJO. 

All of these are features already in the game with the current assets. 

This was a really cool post.

31 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Twitter thread for the MR30 rewards:

Very negative sentiment and reception, but this is Twitter (Negativity is higher by default).

You are now FORCED to get to MR30, what did you expect?

Now, it wont be as bad as that day years ago where Scott came to my house and sumo wrested me into buying the Classic Color Pallet since he is thinner now.

But we could have Rebecca use Za Warudo to make us unable to get out of the page to buy plat, making us think we are doing it of our own will.

6 hours ago, Prexades said:

I only know one guy who did that and ended up making himself look stupid. He just tried to make up drama, and when the comments called him out for making stuff up, he got all defensive and even his arguments afterwards to said comments only made things worse. I don't see it nowadays, just GHS and his clickbait videos.

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Honestly, I didn't watch the video. I've seen some of his stuff and it's not for me.

this is a major issue within the community itself. Half the time alot of us (because i do it do) dont even watch or fully read the things stated form these massively negative ops or views on a topic and make things way more extra and toxic then needed

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

this is a major issue within the community itself. Half the time alot of us (because i do it do) dont even watch or fully read the things stated form these massively negative ops or views on a topic and make things way more extra and toxic then needed

I've watched his videos before. I didn't like them. I've never liked his content. He fabricates drama for views. It's cheap and unnecessary. 

I don't need to watch a 30 minute rant video about a dev stream that I watched. If someone claims he is complaining about the MR30 rewards in a 30 minute rant I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factual statement. It's kind of what he does. It's not really what I consider quality content and I'd prefer to not watch it. 

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I've watched his videos before. I didn't like them. I've never liked his content. He fabricates drama for views. It's cheap and unnecessary. 

I don't need to watch a 30 minute rant video about a dev stream that I watched. If someone claims he is complaining about the MR30 rewards in a 30 minute rant I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factual statement. It's kind of what he does. It's not really what I consider quality content and I'd prefer to not watch it. 

the issue is coming to this conclusion based off of he said she said allows false infomation and misinformation to be spread. I dont like him at all but im not going to  instatly cast out his op as negative because someone on the fourms who to this date cant come together unless its to crap on someone leaving the game (its funny i do it to) 

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

But we endorse OTHERS and TOLERATE the stench of the likes such as AGGP. 

Sorry if this brings in controversy but if we are going to have a clean restart we need to do justice for all. Playing favoritism is not the wisest card in any situation. I'm not talking about you, Berzerkules but in general. There are great content creators out there that deserves better. There are humble content creators that are serious, that are dedicated but then we endorse representatives that leaves a lot to be desired. 

Excuse me for the abrupt intervention here but I have to speak what is right for ALL the content creators that DESERVES respect for what they have done helping the community. Let us NOT forget that. 

10 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Sorry if this brings in controversy but if we are going to have a clean restart we need to do justice for all. Playing favoritism is not the wisest card in any situation. I'm not talking about you, Berzerkules but in general. There are great content creators out there that deserves better. There are humble content creators that are serious, that are dedicated but then we endorse representatives that leaves a lot to be desired. 

Excuse me for the abrupt intervention here but I have to speak what is right for ALL the content creators that DESERVES respect for what they have done helping the community. Let us NOT forget that. 

nobody here likes aggp lmao outside of his fashion frame i disdain the mans attitude also aggp isnt the topic of whats going on

13 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

the issue is coming to this conclusion based off of he said she said allows false infomation and misinformation to be spread. I dont like him at all but im not going to  instatly cast out his op as negative because someone on the fourms who to this date cant come together unless its to crap on someone leaving the game (its funny i do it to) 

I agree that it's easier to jump to conclusions based off of some he said she said bs, we all do that to some extent. But he kind of created this situation for himself though. He set a precedent of releasing click bait content and complaining about stuff. I formed my opinion long ago and it's going to take a lot of for me to change that opinion. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

There are good content creators that put out informative and entertaining videos and don't rely on clickbait titles or fabricating drama to get views. Those are the ones that deserve respect. 

Then there are the ones that don't deserve respect because it was never earned. When I see content creators that use titles like Best Build and Immortal Tank I pretty much write them off. There is no such thing as a best build, there are good builds that fit peoples play style, but that does not mean it will work for everyone. If any frame is truly immortal then it's because they are abusing a bug or some other broken mechanic in the game. Making a video showcasing any such mechanic will just get other people to abuse it too. When DE eventually fixes it they can then release a rant video condemning DE for nerfs and taking all the fun out of the game. They created a situation that builds people up before the eventual let down and then they tell them exactly what they want to hear. It's a cheap tactic that's easy to spot but people fall for it over and over. It get views and followers but not my respect. 

5 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Then there are the ones that don't deserve respect because it was never earned. When I see content creators that use titles like Best Build and Immortal Tank I pretty much write them off. There is no such thing as a best build, there are good builds that fit peoples play style, but that does not mean it will work for everyone. If any frame is truly immortal then it's because they are abusing a bug or some other broken mechanic in the game. Making a video showcasing any such mechanic will just get other people to abuse it too. When DE eventually fixes it they can then release a rant video condemning DE for nerfs and taking all the fun out of the game. They created a situation that builds people up before the eventual let down and then they tell them exactly what they want to hear. It's a cheap tactic that's easy to spot but people fall for it over and over. It get views and followers but not my respect. 

creating a title of best build etc isnt a bad thing. its how you interpet that. most viewers and players know such thing cant be true but in some cases it very may well be

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Jarriaga quoted a post for MR 30 rewards. I don't know if that is true. There are many ideas for MR 30. I hope DE makes something that celebrate the player's support for the game. I think DE can gain lots of ground delivering a fair surprise. 

I take it you didn't watch this Friday's devstream?

Archived