The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

So having played through Lua, I would think the Sentient needs a bit of tweaking in the maps they appear. 

Not saying that they are difficult per se, but more like they take 20 years to defeat due to their massively increased stats.. You have to kill 3-4 of them in Lua's Mobile defense missions. Again, not hard, but just take forever even if you abuse their weakness. 

They do insta gib you most of the time if you are caught, but easy to avoid. 

Kind of a crazy idea, but some things I'd like and I think would be appropriate items to spend Steel Essence on would be the following:
1) Orokin Reactor & Catalyst Distillers
2) Forma Distillers (works on ANY Forma type)
3) Exilus Distillers (works on both Exilus types)
4) Lens Distillers

To be balanced they'd need to require expensive crafting ingredients and probably be single-use blueprints, but they'd allow you to remove one of those items from a Weapon/Frame/Archwing/Companion.  Yes, it'd reduce sales of Plat for people like me who wait for a discount and buy a Reactor/Catalyst whenever they get a weapon they intend to keep, but it would also take away a lot of grind and frustration.  Have a weapon/frame you used a Catalyst/Reactor on that just got a Prime?  Slap an Orokin Catalyst/Reactor Distiller on it, then sell it and reuse it on the Prime version when you get it!  Want to be able to switch out a Focus Lens without losing the one you had on?  Lens Distiller, baby!

8 часов назад, Tradebanned сказал:

Trying firsts maps, compared to the beta, that literally change nothing, this is a hard mode but enemies just show 100lvl higher. they still get 1shot.

Nice update but bad update, you could improve but this will be a dead gamemode in 2days after unlocking the armors.

The armors are not even that good. The preview shows that the Sigils are incompatable with them, and it doesn't show, whether they can or can not be colored.

They didn't reconsider the nerf. They've ignored all the feedback. They didn't compensate for player investments turning into nothing with this nerf. But best of all, they haven't even bothered to change the wording.

"Our actions will speak louder than words", huh?

8 minutes ago, KelkSwiftlan said:

You went ahead and nerfed the interaction with Xoris and exalted weapons. Players have been telling you NOT to do it and you went ahead anyway. Are you all ignorant and stupid?

They are Corpus in real life deep inside their heart. They care about nothing but profit. 
And we players are Solaris which are only slaves to them that should give them profit. What a joke.

Ty for steel path, enemies feel stronger. No more cheese frames like sayrn, mesa, equinox blitzing through content and leaving the other 3 players nothing to do.

never needed xoris for khora, baruuk or atlas. I have dedicated statsticks with rivens for each, not hard at all to keep combo at max with naramon. This nerf affects me 0 

khora deluxe while detailed is not to my taste 

the amount of salt here is surprising, warframe players have to be the most whining, entitled little babies in any community.

never get attached to anything, everything is subject to change, it's a life lesson. Whining like snot nosed children gets you nowhere in life

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Steel Path Honors & Steel Essence
In addition to those Rewards, Teshin now has The Steel Path Honors: a store only accessible when The Steel Path is unlocked. Similar to the Arbitration Honors store, The Steel Path Honors takes Steel Essence as currency. Steel Essence can be found as a Resource drop from Eximus enemies within The Steel Path. 

By accessing the Steel Path Honors, you can exchange your Steel Essence for the following rewards:

• THE BISHAMO ARMOR SET: Uphold the elite warrior tradition of Teshin and the Dax in the Bishamo Armor Set. This Orokin-designed collection includes a Helmet, Cuirass, Pauldrons, Greaves, and apparel. Earn the Blueprints by trading Steel Essence from The Steel Path Honors.
  • Kuva x 10,000
  • Random Relic Pack (3 Random Relics) 
  • Stance Forma Blueprint - this Forma type was introduced in Operation: Scarlet Spear. In the interest of having it more widely available, we are adding it to the Steel Path! This Forma allows for an added touch of flexibility in Melee weapons for those who seek it out! 

I think Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, Forma (Regular), Focus Lenses, and Rivens should be added to Steel Path honors.

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

RIP Baruuk

Still hits like a truck.

I wasn't using the Xoris at all, even on my Baruuk, but I think the nerf is kinda undeserved. Especially when they somehow left stat-sticks for Atlas or Khora, which is "Riven or you're doing it wrong", what's the difference here with Xoris' situation exactly ?

The only thing this change does is that Xoris will be forgotten, as most of the weapons with unique mechanics, which are either lame or quickly nerfed into oblivion.

11 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

the amount of salt here is surprising, warframe players have to be the most whining, entitled little babies in any community.

never get attached to anything, everything is subject to change, it's a life lesson. Whining like snot nosed children gets you nowhere in life

Guess you don't understand a problem here. It's not because Xoris was great status stick. Heck my Skana Prisma with riven easily outmatched it. It about how Xoris infinite combo changed quality of life with it's interaction.

47oa97.jpg

5 hours ago, Phredd_Pewter said:

Once again, more absurd community outcry. Clearly the Xoris interacting with exalted weapons and weapon mod skills wasn't intentional and it wasn't going to stay that way.
If something is released and has an odd interaction that is obviously bonkers tier broken you can be fairly sure it will be fixed in some way. Have your fun while it lasts then move on.

It wasn't "bonkers tier broken" though. That's the point.  It was merely a nice QOL item that actually dealt LESS damage overall than the go-to stat-sticks.  What made it nice is that you trade some damage for convenience, which seems a fair trade. For DE to claim they're nerfing it based on damage is disingenuous at best.  If DE doesn't want this type of interaction with stat-sticks, then they should rework or remove stat-stick/exalted weapon interaction altogether.  This weirdly veiled nonsense about it being "an unintended interaction" is a major reason why people are upset.  How could they not realize how it would interact with stat-stick Warframes?  Do they even play their own game?

I don't agree with the Xoris changes in general, but the fact that we got no refund in forma and catalysts for putting them into the thing is frankly insulting.
What DE did was take a weapon that was only good as a stat-stick, and nerfed it so hard it is now the worst stat-stick in the game.

Those of us who have forma'd it have almost certainly forma'd it to be a good stat-stick, and now that forma  and those catalysts are completely wasted.

28 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Ty for steel path, enemies feel stronger. No more cheese frames like sayrn, mesa, equinox blitzing through content and leaving the other 3 players nothing to do.

never needed xoris for khora, baruuk or atlas. I have dedicated statsticks with rivens for each, not hard at all to keep combo at max with naramon. This nerf affects me 0 

khora deluxe while detailed is not to my taste 

So because it doesn't effect your experience its not a problem? You are the worst kind of player. Also, if DE aren't cowards your rivens won't work on stat sticks soon enough, and i can't wait for the tears to flow because rivens are just objectively bad for the game. Also, the amount of 'whining' is justified, DE nerfed something that isn't overpowered, not even close, yet left something that is broken in place. You're not *@##$ing because it doesn't effect you, when your rivens are hopefully useless in a few months, lets see how you react. As for 'cheese frames' we don't have any of those. If you have a problem with another player clearing a map, the solo option is right there. 

8 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

So because it doesn't effect your experience its not a problem? You are the worst kind of player. Also, if DE aren't cowards your rivens won't work on stat sticks soon enough, and i can't wait for the tears to flow because rivens are just objectively bad for the game. Also, the amount of 'whining' is justified, DE nerfed something that isn't overpowered, not even close, yet left something that is broken in place. You're not *@##$ing because it doesn't effect you, when your rivens are hopefully useless in a few months, lets see how you react. As for 'cheese frames' we don't have any of those. If you have a problem with another player clearing a map, the solo option is right there. 

Alright buddy calm down a lil' a lot of us is mad about it but that doesn't give us any right to attack anyone who "doesn't care".

It's nice to be nice ya know.

Is the khora skin missing a metallic map or something? It's all the exact same semi-gloss blinn looking material on every colour channel. Looks completely different from the promo image in this OP.

54 minutes ago, KelkSwiftlan said:

Players have been telling you NOT to do it and you went ahead anyway. Are you all ignorant and stupid?

Are you? Since when are DE obligated to do what a tiny minority of the player base say? Why would your opinion of how the game should be balanced ever be relevant? 

2 minutes ago, Kaziroh said:

Alright buddy calm down a lil' a lot of us is mad about it but that doesn't give us any right to attack anyone who "doesn't care".

It's nice to be nice ya know.

That was calm. I'm getting really sick of people defending and downplaying DE's garbage choices. The fact we have people that are defending changes like this is ridiculous. Just because something doesn't effect you, doesn't make it any less of a problem. Its a general people problem, they can only think about themselves. 

13 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

That was calm. I'm getting really sick of people defending and downplaying DE's garbage choices. The fact we have people that are defending changes like this is ridiculous. Just because something doesn't effect you, doesn't make it any less of a problem. Its a general people problem, they can only think about themselves. 

I know what you mean. But that kind of person will exist and we can't do anything about it

18 minutes ago, _Connor said:

Is the khora skin missing a metallic map or something? It's all the exact same semi-gloss blinn looking material on every colour channel. Looks completely different from the promo image in this OP.

Are you? Since when are DE obligated to do what a tiny minority of the player base say? Why would your opinion of how the game should be balanced ever be relevant? 

yeah "tiny minority" it was only 40+ pages of feedback ignored

Archived