The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

While I appreciate the steel path having stance forma, is there any chance we could see a return of Umbral forma outside of the one from nightwave?  We're averaging around three umbral forma a year as it is, I don't think putting it in the steel path shop (with a ludicrous price point) would hurt anything.

Excited to try out the tweaked Eidolons and the 6th tier Bounty 😄

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Xoris Interaction Changes:
Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

You guys didnt get it do you? Havent you read the countless comments or watched the videos on it that this is just a wrong understanding of the situation?

Jump to 7:30 then you will see that this „change“ changes absolutely nothing! We can still do millions of damage ez. (Better than with Xoris because AGAIN Xoris passive was just a convenient QoL and had nothing to do with the Dmg output god damn... 😞)

How @HowWesWasOne already mentioned. This line is just a lie as a whole

1st: It hasnt affect the Damage Outpunt of certain Warframe Abilities. Since we are just speaking about Combo DURATION
2nd: It was not restricitve in terms of player choice. THIS „Change“ is making it restricitve! (again)
3rd: You guys just changed the line from „Xoris or you doing it wrong“ to „Stat-Stick (With Riven ofc) or you doing it wrong“ as it was like always. Because in terms of Damage the following is and always have been the rule: Stat-Stick > Xoris

Open your mind and realize that this change was not thought through well...
If you really wanna change something about that „Pseudo-Exalted Weapons“ Issue you need to make a change of the basic fundament. e.g. make these Abilities separately modable. Similar to Garudas Talons. By deequipping our Melee we would have access to mod our „Psuedo exalted weapon“. 
You just get rid off symptoms instead of fixing the core issue we have with these „Pseudo exalted weapons“!!!

hace 11 minutos, [DE]Megan dijo:

Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Gara Shattered Lash
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

The full breakdown can be read here.

More than 47 pages of healthy and constructive discussion (there are some exceptions) for this.

Sadness is the only word that comes to my mind to describe you.....

Steel path was a good add-on tbh. People are just hella pissed about Xoris nerf. When do ya'll go around nerfing the wierdest S#&$ man, i swear. Besides, its not even the STRONGEST statstick, there are other weapons that ware WAYYY stronger. All xoris did it give people a good QOL improvement. I want to be able to go take a piss without having to worry about my combo reset-ing after I get back. There are so many other S#&$ that need to be fixed, so many bugs. Fix those first god dammit. 

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You guys clearly never bothered to actually check how the very same abilities interact with other weapons, Naramon stance and the rivens.

Otherwise you wouldn't call damage output from Xoris "overwhelming". And now it's just a meh weapon instead of a nice starter status stick with a nice gimmick which is nowhere near actually OP.

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • To help prevent accidental Kuva Lich generation from quick tapping the Mercy action, you must now ‘Hold X’ to perform a Mercy on a Kuva Larvling.

Thanks, stepped on this landmine twice already.

Xoris nerf isn't the end of the world.  Losing a 12x combo multiplier on every exalted ability interaction is just a step back to the way things were before the xoris, it's been less than a month, you don't base your entire identity on the ability to xoris / blood rush / weeping wounds / gladiator set bonus with your character.  You can get along without it, just like you did before.

Guessing Khora doesn't have a Leverian (I know she got that ghoul lore bit) and nothing on Garuda Leverian since she didn't get that with her Deluxe skin.

I was hoping we would get to learn more about both of the frames doing things.

Was doing an Arbitration when this hit, went to extract in case of bugs, little did I know I would be #*!%ed over anyway. Am stuck in extraction, can't move, no longer see squad mates, no enemies and my ping is 0. I can't even see the rewards I got so I can take a screenshot, to *@##$ at your support team when I have to alt f4. Thanks a lot DE oh and

THE XORIS NERF IS A MISTAKE. You were wrong before and your still wrong. Have a nice day

Time to only ever use Naramon with all my exalted frames to get exactly the same effect as the Xoris.

Really though, this nerf is ill-informed, and should be reverted. The xoris is not the most powerful stat stick, only the most convenient. Really, it would probably be better to drop the stat stick mechanic entirely and let all exalted effects be moddable in some way if interactions like this are not wanted by DE. There will always be a best option, and a large part of the community will flock to it. Xoris was simply another great option on top of already existing ones, and did not detract from their usefulness and potential.

Thank you so much for the Steel Path DE! I've been waiting for it to drop for over a month now, and it's finally here! I also hope more modes get integrated into the SP, like Syndicate Missions, Kuva Liches, Invasions etc...

Keep up the good work and thanks again!

Archived