The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Hello, as the title says I originally played on Xbox one and I went to pc. I had a lot of progress and I'd hate to lose it all (not to mention the money I put into it). I logged in on pc and it put me at the beginning. I don't know if I have to reach a milestone or email someone saying hey I don't have my stuff or something and I'm playing through the tutorial right now cause what else can I do?

Long story short I'm confused and don't know what to do.

Currently DE are looking at the possibility of cross-save, which would be a similar model to FF14 as playing on either PS4, PS5 or PC you lose no progress (you must have a license for each expansion however for complete synchronicity). DE are looking at a larger problem- Exclusives. Obsidian cosmetics are PSN-only, Switch has her exclusive cosmetics and each console has I believe a special custom palette. Further complications include PC being ahead (after all Venom event is not on console nor necramechs in market) and of course Excalibur Prime in their Founder's Pack as those items are nowhere else- how do you decide what of those if any are cross-savable? PC keybinds are possibly not working outside PC and lots of threads are here about controllers on PC not working either: that's a huge amount of work to figure out. So in some ways this is the best option we have now- change platform, start anew. Might not be popular with players but unless our game dev and codemasters stop gaming and send Support suggestions it's likely not to change

So around 2 years ago my laptop gave out on me and I played nothing but Warframe on it, I had gotten a decent amount of prime frames, prime weapons, color palettes, etc. Now I play games on console, but I've played console for a while now, just didn't play Warframe for a while, and I haven't kept up with updates. I got Warframe on my Xbox and I don't really want to go through all of that grinding all over again, not to mention with the amount of money I poured into my PC account (I believe I was MR 16) 

Is it worth going through the grind all over again with 5+ new frames (my PC gave out shortly after Garuda's release), a crazy amount of updates, and so forth or waiting until another account migration whenever that may happen?

"Is it worth..." questions can only be answered by you. I've started console Warframe profiles from scratch multiple times. So that maybe that makes me obsessed? I'm a free user and all my alternate profiles are above MR24. I would only put money into your PC account, even if you can't use your PC for gaming right now. Don't "grind" any game but your PC is my opinion.

Hyzmarca is right. Play what you can now. Enjoy the journey!

8 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

"Is it worth..." questions can only be answered by you. I've started console Warframe profiles from scratch multiple times. So that maybe that makes me obsessed? I'm a free user and all my alternate profiles are above MR24. I would only put money into your PC account, even if you can't use your PC for gaming right now. Don't "grind" any game but your PC is my opinion.

Where'd you find your avatar please? She looks so sweet :)

24 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

My PC is completely unsalvageable, and I'm not going to dip even more money to get a new PC when I have a console that could play the same game. Not only that but I'm already on the hunt for one of the next generation consoles as well. 

I say no, it is not worth it redoing the grind imho.

Considering the nature of the gpu market atm, I'd still recommend investing on a PC just because games are cheaper and run averagely better(some ports are bad, like FF XV was bad and late on PC)

Totally unrelated to warframe, as a long time gamer, if i may advise... 

buying new consoles at launch is rarely a good idea. Let them sort the bugs, optimize their softwares, their production process. 5 of the last 6 main consoles had rough launch and got "upgraded" with better versions. ps4, ps3, nintendo switch, xbox1, xbox360... Only the wiiu didn't got replaced by newer models, with that said, Nintendo needed 2 years since its launch to fix wiiu's UI.

So instead of joining the hype and feel cool for a couple of weeks, but regret it later, why not buy a laptop now with your next-gen money. For the same price, you can get more than decent gaming laptop.

then just enjoy your new laptop while start saving again. By the time ms & sony able to perfect their next gen products, you'll probably have enough money to buy them. Also the inevitable slim versions of console are known to be cheaper, more efficient, and prone to be discounted.

just my two cents.

i transfered from pc to switch some time before the pandemic, it was nice to have warframe on the go. now since im 100% on home office id like to make full use of my pc playing warframe and going at it again 700+ hours on my old pc account is not very attractive, cross save would be very nice indeed.

Im leaving this here and to me is just putting my opinion out there to add to the topic's importance and hopefully helping making it a reallity.

Sadly this days the switch is gathering dust at my table XD

13 minutes ago, Hanealx said:

Why is there still no cross save feature?

Are you happy with "DE doesn't answer this question in detail" or can we interest you in our ill-informed speculation?

On the forums, we specialize in ill-informed speculations. Say if you want to be showered in delirious rants.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)UsernameAxel said:

They've teased it? I assume in Twitter posts or something? 

No, they mention it every second devstream saying "yes we want that, but have nothing to show or to confirm, it's all really complicated".

You might think "once every second devstream is very often!", but the forums see roughly two threads per day on the topic, so... yeah.

Welcome to the forums. May you become best friends with the search bar.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)MiloFish5760 said:

plus I think it might make the game more popular

So says you and another million people who said this before you.

May the millionth repetition of this banality be the one that pierces DE's heart.

It's an incredibly complicated thing, even conceptually.  You'd have problems with plat values (PC can get coupons for cheap plat, other platforms wouldn't, so someone moving over from PC can dominate that plat markets in other platforms).  Prime markets (same problems as plat market not being equal between platforms.)  Duplicate names.  What do do about clans/dojos?  Not to mention the software/infrastructure aspects, like version numbers, back end server stuff, all that.  And then business decisions... is it worth the financial cost of working on it?  The cost of renegotiating licensing agreements between the platforms?  What's the actual payoff anyway, financially?

TL;DR Yeah, it'll probably happen at some point, but do yourself a favor and assume it won't.  The way they talk about it in devstreams makes it sound like the project gets passed around for someone to work on in their spare time as a punishment for some unspecified misdeed.

Archived