Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

"No one is forcing you to play on PC" 

What kind of response is that? If someone who spent a lot of time playing on PC/console wants to start playing on other platform there should be an option to at least keep some of their progress if that person wants it.

The problem is Sony, which no doubt is against it, but if other games such as Fortnite or Destiny can have cross-play and cross-save, DE also can.

I'm sure there's a million posts on this topic, and I'm sure this is a beaten ass horse. But I'm going to PC and I wish I could play warframe on there, but nope. I just want DE to even say they're working on it. Gosh. I know that the line up of the updates poses an issue, but there should be some way to do this. Just sayin. 

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

tell it to Microsoft. they're the ones that have to allow it.

From what's been said by DE, it seems it has little to do with being not allowed to at this point. Especially considering things have been changing, Microsoft for example has been encouraging playing games [with 1 purchase/account] across your Xbox, PC and mobile devices through their cloud services.

Sony has generally been the bigger anti-consumer one for a while, but even that's been changing.

Last year they said it was a challenge for them, and some of them don't think cross-save was a good use of resources [return on investment] compared to doing something else.

8 hours ago, vanaukas said:

According to DE staff, the plat sales and other stuff you (console tenno) buys have a cut for each paltform so they can host Warframe free, that money cover the expenses of mantaining it on their servers. Destiny most likely has other deal with them, since you pay real money for each expansion. Maybe under Tencent they could pull another deal with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to pay for the server usage, since other Tencent games also have crossplatform.

I find it really strange then that you still need to pay for xbox live or psn to play warframe, thank you for clearing this up for me

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

I find it really strange then that you still need to pay for xbox live or psn to play warframe, thank you for clearing this up for me

you don't, unless you are paying for the premium version of their service. AFAIK, you can play free games for free, xbox tried to cash on it recently and the backlash was so bad that they kept it free.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

You've never needed xbox live to play warframe (can't speak for PS), the only thing live has done was allowed you to see other people in warframe.

I think DE should take a page from Fortnite when it comes to Cross saves.

Platinum purchases remain locked to the platform - but cross saves are possible.

But the problem here is content disparity, which would be harder issue to solve.

This could be solved by having Content Place Holders pushed across all platforms which "locks out" content with placeholder for other platforms.

for example a weapon on PC that hasn't been released on Xbox - will instead have a lock symbol until it gets released for console. 

Well, I'd like if once every year or whenever, they had a period when you can get your account transferred between platforms that allow it (Eg: Xbox to PC / PC to Xbox). It's in DE's interest to keep us long-term customers and in microsoft's as well since I don't have to pay for Xbox live god to play free-to-play games anymore. The question just becomes one of how many people does it take to screw in the light bulb? Hopefully not many. 

Going to lock this, as there's not really a whole lot we can do about it.

Here are the bullet-point summaries:

• DE has expressed interest in crossplay/cross-save
  • DE cannot implement crossplay/cross-save on consoles unless all console manufacturers agree, in the interest of fairness
  • Other games like Destiny may have gotten it, but Warframe isn't Destiny and contains gameplay elements that other crossplay/cross-save games do not
    • The ability to trade the premium currency is probably the biggest obstacle to getting unanimous approval from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, if I had to guess
  • A large number of platform-exclusive gear exists in the game, and not all players on all platforms had opportunities to get these items
    • Founders gear, limited PC event weapons, Limited time skins and cosmetics could cause issues, and were a point of contention for the limited-time PC-to-Console account migrations; these items were removed during the migration process and could not be used on the console version(s) of Warframe.

16 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

You forgot that each platform have different platinum economies. So it can get messy if it’s not pretty well handled. Can you imagine a group of “Rich” PC players can do to the console market?

It's not impossible, but it's not like they can rapidly go back and forth. Not to mention the migration would probably be more console to PC anyway. 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

It's not impossible, but it's not like they can rapidly go back and forth. Not to mention the migration would probably be more console to PC anyway. 

If the current transfer system is what we'd be using then I would never opt in for swapping.

I transfered my account to Switch when it released and I lost probably 50K worth of rivens, arcanes and other PC-exclusive stuff. Not to mention the hundreds of dollars worth of tennogen... Yeah... If they do transferring or cross save or something it needs to not screw people over.

Archived