Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, stop killing pets

AreeSoothsayer

I've reached my limit.

Oh look pet down. I rush over. I start rezzing, *poof* it teleported away to a location that the owner is no longer at.

I either make it to the new location in time or watch it teleport away again to another location the owner is no longer at.

Pet dies.

Stop killing pets.

18 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I've reached my limit.

Oh look pet down. I rush over. I start rezzing, *poof* it teleported away to a location that the owner is no longer at.

I either make it to the new location in time or watch it teleport away again to another location the owner is no longer at.

Pet dies.

Stop killing pets.

Happened to me a few times as well. At least by using medi-pet kit i have more time to revive my companions incase they do decide to randomly teleport all over the place.

23 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I've reached my limit.

Pet dies.

Stop killing pets.

That sounds like a latency issue to me. There's an option in the settings somewhere that lets you see your FPS and latency between you and host (won't appear if you're the host, obviously.)

The help alleviate this, there's a couple mods... Loyal Companion (+90% Bleedout link at max) and Medi-Pet Kit (+72% Bleedout timer, +6 HP/s regen). Throw those on your pet and you'll have easily over 2 minutes to revive a downed pet.

For the record, Loyal Companion's Bleedout timer adjustment depends on your own bleedout timer. The longer yours is, the greater its' effect.

30 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

That sounds like the owner doesn’t care if it gets revived. We need it to teleport to the owner when they leave the area. 

• I agree that it shouldn’t teleport if someone is reviving it. But that could be a ping issue rather than a flaw/bug in the system.

Not going to lie, I assumed your thread was going to be about how quickly they die, and how pointless reviving them is.

32 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

That sounds like a latency issue to me. There's an option in the settings somewhere that lets you see your FPS and latency between you and host (won't appear if you're the host, obviously.

Don't think it is in all honesty, I've had what the OP happen to me a few times well and it wasn't latency related.  It started a few updates ago so either a change we're not aware of (I don't always read all the patch notes) or it's a bug. 

What it seems like to me is basically the pet teleporting to be within range of the owner, like it would if it was alive, but because it's dead it doesn't stay with the owner when they continue moving... never used to do this, it used to be in same position until revived, often meaning we had to run back several rooms, and while this wouldn't be such an issue if they didn't teleport in the middle of being revived it isn't coded like that for some reason...

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:
What it seems like to me is basically the pet teleporting to be within range of the owner, like it would if it was alive, but because it's dead it doesn't stay with the owner when they continue moving... never used to do this, it used to be in same position until revived, often meaning we had to run back several rooms, and while this wouldn't be such an issue if they didn't teleport in the middle of being revived it isn't coded like that for some reason...

It says they are working on Pets. Yes, it's unpleasant, but it's a good thing.

1 hour ago, selig_fay said:

It says they are working on Pets. Yes, it's unpleasant, but it's a good thing.

They've been working on pets since LAST tennocon..... Sheldon's pet project iirc.

In general I'm not against them being improved, I just wish DE would think about how things will work in game when doing said changes... yes I know this means they might actually need to play the game outside of their sandbox dev builds but still...

Yes, it's because the owner is moving. Either they don't care or they're moving themselves to a safer place to revive it. This was added a few months ago so a pet owner isn't having to run back several rooms to pick up a pet that got wasted because it decided to take on that 150 heavy gunner all by itself when you left the room while playing solo. It would be nice for it to hold on if you've already started reviving it, but perhaps the are is too dangerous and it will just die again. In any case, better it follows the owner and where they're going than someone else.

Eh at least there seems to be a logic to the pet teleportation. 

Whenever the owner enters a new tile the pet appears at the entrance to that tile. 

That said if the owner doesn't care enough to stop to rez their own pet, you shouldn't worry about them either. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

your pets hp armor and shields are linked to urs, if u have none then thats ur fault, not the pets

My frame has 300 shields and they can withstand a lot of damage in the face. I wonder how I can put an aviator on a pet and make it evade attacks just like me?

There is life outside of Inaros, you know?

There's a bit of "pilot induced oscillation" with pet revival. DE pushed A VERY NECESSARY FIX causing pets to more aggressively teleport to their owners because they were utterly unusable in Railjack (would get left behind and killed). However, this teleportation behaviour takes a second or two to actually happen. I've had many instances of seeing my Bird die, rush over to him and see him teleport away to where I was. In a rush, I hurry back to him... Only for him to teleport where I was when he first teleported. I've had to learn to be patient, stay put for a couple of seconds and wait for Bird to telepor to me.

With that said... I think it's time for pets to either be made invulnerable or else be made infinitely respawnable at no cost - somewhat like how Clem works. Losing a pet through no fault of our own has no inherent gameplay. It's just penalising us for behaviour we can't control.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:
With that said... I think it's time for pets to either be made invulnerable or else be made infinitely respawnable at no cost - somewhat like how Clem works. Losing a pet through no fault of our own has no inherent gameplay. It's just penalising us for behaviour we can't control.

Well, I think all Pets should get what Djinn can do. It's not much, but it won't leave us without a pet.

On 2020-08-03 at 7:39 PM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

That sounds like a latency issue to me

Actually this can Happen if you are playing Solo. 

For whatever reason..The teleporting seems to be delayed...

That being said... if you keep the Rezz button held down then the reviving will continue uninterrupted even if you are no where near your Pet 🙂

On 2020-08-03 at 1:39 PM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

That sounds like a latency issue to me. There's an option in the settings somewhere that lets you see your FPS and latency between you and host (won't appear if you're the host, obviously.)

The help alleviate this, there's a couple mods... Loyal Companion (+90% Bleedout link at max) and Medi-Pet Kit (+72% Bleedout timer, +6 HP/s regen). Throw those on your pet and you'll have easily over 2 minutes to revive a downed pet.

For the record, Loyal Companion's Bleedout timer adjustment depends on your own bleedout timer. The longer yours is, the greater its' effect.

I would normally agree with you... except this happened in my solo game (just me, I'm the host, no other players... set to single player mode). It just randomly teleported somewhere else!

At the time, I was a bit annoyed but I didn't think anything of it. Seeing this post concerns me!

14 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Be far away from Your Beast is his or Your fault?

His. AI pets have trouble following, especially across parkour sections. Their AI also over-focuses on combat, causing them to run off and separate themselves from the player. This was even more pronounced in Railjack when pets used to not teleport with the caster, causing them to be left behind and killed by stragglers.

Moreover, pets die for a variety of reasons beyond "be far away." They get killed by telegraphed AoE which the player can dodge but they can't. Take the new Jackal fight, for instance. The Jackal was killing pets to such an unavoidable extent that DE did exactly what I've been proposing for a while and made pets invulnerable to the Jackal's death beam. The same applies to a whole host of other dangers. Pets will stand in Napalm burn patches, they'll sit out Flame Eximus waves, they'll let Heavy Gunners shoot into their sides, etc. Warframe's AI lacks much in the way of self-preservation. Thus, unless I'm manually babysitting my pet, it's going to get itself killed in some predictable way. And even if I babysit it, there isn't always a lot I can even do.

Right now, the most reliable way to keep your pets from dying is to "be Inaros." That's not a very compelling solution to pet survivability.

On 2020-08-05 at 3:47 PM, Steel_Rook said:

His. AI pets have trouble following, especially across parkour sections. Their AI also over-focuses on combat, causing them to run off and separate themselves from the player. This was even more pronounced in Railjack when pets used to not teleport with the caster, causing them to be left behind and killed by stragglers.

Moreover, pets die for a variety of reasons beyond "be far away." They get killed by telegraphed AoE which the player can dodge but they can't. Take the new Jackal fight, for instance. The Jackal was killing pets to such an unavoidable extent that DE did exactly what I've been proposing for a while and made pets invulnerable to the Jackal's death beam. The same applies to a whole host of other dangers. Pets will stand in Napalm burn patches, they'll sit out Flame Eximus waves, they'll let Heavy Gunners shoot into their sides, etc. Warframe's AI lacks much in the way of self-preservation. Thus, unless I'm manually babysitting my pet, it's going to get itself killed in some predictable way. And even if I babysit it, there isn't always a lot I can even do.

Right now, the most reliable way to keep your pets from dying is to "be Inaros." That's not a very compelling solution to pet survivability.

Really? Because I figured out that more then 90% of Beasts fails is My fault. Jackal doesn’t belong to them: 

Of course, it’s easier to outcry and complain on Forums rather then go and found solution.

Back toTopic. IMO, whole situation around Beasts is turning into some kind of tragicomic theater. Players aren’t willing to  revive ally Beasts and want some kind of Teleport and after DE brought a solution they dislike it. I don’t understand that.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Really? Because I figured out that more then 90% of Beasts fails is My fault. Jackal doesn’t belong to them:

I think you misunderstood. The person said that the invulnerable phase of Jackal oneshoted Pets and we couldn't do anything about it. And so DE made Pets invulnerable to this phase.

What's more, you play as Nezha, which doesn't add any arguments to you, because there are still many frames that can't in the big DR and are invulnerable to Pets. And if you say "don't play these frames" I will hit you.

Archived