Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scintillant ... :(

UserO1

22 minutes ago, mind_phaser said:

Or you won't. Because Scintillant in a bounty reward pool is an utter lie and when you farm vaults, the mechs can just fall through the floor so you may not get the thing even if it drops.

The only thing that has been documented as falling through the floor is the mech parts. That was suppose to have been fixed, but of course it could still be happening. The mission rewards don't drop through the floor. Plus you get them from doing bounties as well. 

Are people looking specifically for it dropping out of the Mech, bounty reward, or spawning in the room with the mechs?

Cause either I've been oddly lucky or people aren't looking around enough; in my maybe ten or so vault runs (only two for two vaults and one for three vaults) I've already found five. But all of mine has been floating around the room nowhere near where I fought the mech.

Scintillant & the Necramech mods should just be thrown on the Necroloid offers. Maybe even the damaged parts.

Scillitant - 10-30k
Necramech Mods - 15-25k 
Damaged parts - 35-50k 

This way theres a guaranteed method at least of getting these that still encourages doing the vaults and gives a use to the matrices.

My rates so far. run counts are approximate

30 Bounty 2 : 6 Scintillant
5 Bounty 1: 0 Scintillant
25 T1 Isolation vault: 0 Scintillant just did another and managed to get one after vault completed, My first public vault run - but my team was terrible so I left squad after opening but before leaving the vault room, then one spawned after the host migration.  of course the bounty was hopeless broken at that point 🤣
10 T2 Isolation vault: 0 Scintillant
2 T3 Isolation vault: 0 Scintillant.

I would add that the number of times the isolation vaults just decide to bug out and not let you go from T1->t2->t3 is frustrating AF.  And scouring the stupid vaults for some hard-to-see floaty thing is not enjoyable at all. Especially when you have excessive eye strain from farming other resources in a world where the designer apparently threw out all the colors in their palette except orange and grey and then layered a ton of glarirsh mist over the top of everything.

Platform xbox

Something I hate that Warframe relies way to much on is 'chance'. A chance to get it from Tier 1 bounty, A chance to get it from Tier 2 bounty, A chance to get in Isolation vault, A chance to drop from Necramechs.

Tier 1 bounty rare drop: I saw someone do the math in a previous post that Scintillant has a 8.6% chance to drop after 5-10min bounty depending on the type you do.

Tier 2 bounty common drop: Tier 2 has 5 common rewards meaning Scintillant is supposed to have a 20% chance to drop. After taking note of the drops I got after 50 bounties I only got 2 which is 4% drop rate. The next day it took 20 bounties to get the remaining 3 for Xaku which is 15% drop rate. It seem like the chances behind the scenes is different than 20% because the drop is very inconstant.

Isolation vaults: IMO Tier 3 vaults should have a 100% chance to have a Scintillant floating in one of the hidden areas. The only time I got Scintillant to drop from vaults was with a Nekros after 4-5 vaults with a double resource booster.

Scintillant is one of those resources that after you crafted every thing that needs it there is no reason to keep grinding for it. Having a place to constantly find it with a bit of work and searching around will negate the grind.

2 hours ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

It isn’t. Although it rare to get it isn’t that hard if you just sit down and do some vault runs while seriously looking for it now. If you want to complain about thaumatica that’s totally fair

I’ve been doing vault runs all week. Guess how much scintillant I have. I’ll give you a hint. It’s less than 1.

Dude just do full vault runs. They drop off of necramechs now.

I've gotten more than I need now and I don't even vault that much.

Its worth noting that NONE of my scintillant came from actually finding one floating in a vault or from the bounty reward pool. ALL of it has come from downed necramechs.

Do not waste your time anywhere else. Only kill necramechs.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’ve been doing vault runs all week. Guess how much scintillant I have. I’ll give you a hint. It’s less than 1.

I understand the frustration but you will get some. Also sometimes you have to really look bc despise the small glow and sound they tend to spawn and look very abscure so they can be easily over looked. The drops for them aren’t as good but it isn’t impossible. Thaumatica on the other hand...

Il y a 1 heure, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Big tip, don't mine it, just use the pillars. I have about 600 Thaumica without mining.

You farm them purposely? I think I got few rares ores there but I don't think it is faster than mining.

Il y a 1 heure, (XB1)CI shadow2397 a dit :

I understand the frustration but you will get some. Also sometimes you have to really look bc despise the small glow and sound they tend to spawn and look very abscure so they can be easily over looked. The drops for them aren’t as good but it isn’t impossible. Thaumatica on the other hand...

I recommend you checking caves, I found 2 caves that had some, caves are not equal you want ones with ruins in it, if you see closed paths it won't drop. Mining is not wasted early on, as it feeds Otak wich feed grandmother in return. Maybe I'm wrong and it's fass/vome dependant xd. As long as you have less than 2K of the small ores, you're good to go for mining xd.

1 hour ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

I have infinitely more thaumica than I have scintillant.

18 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

I've decided I'm fine with it. Sure it's rare (about 1 a day in casual play) but they need to make money somehow so if people are encouraged to buy the frame and weapon instead it's all good. I'll have them in a couple of weeks easy.

But it’s NOT meant to be rare. It’s listed as a freaking COMMON loot drop for bounties, and I have seen exactly zero despite spamming them and completing even bonus objectives.

Considering we need 5x for the Warframe component, let alone however many for the new Necromech stuff, this is an extremely poorly thought out resource.

We did many Isolation Vaults and found just 1 Scintillant floating in the first one... nothing after that.

Most of the runs were only me and my friend, so not a full squad. 

No necromech ever dropped one. The droprate must be single digit or less.

I have to note that the run, where we got the Scintillant had a tilemap we never encountered afterwards --- so maybe there are tiles where they spawn at easy to get places and others where one can't find them.

Of all the Runs we did, we had about 4 different tiles. One came almost every single time, one a bit less often and two where one-ofs , one of them had the floating Scintillant in it.

One video on YouTube instructs one to not completely kill the Necromech before looking for Scintillant... does any one know if this is important?

21 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

I've decided I'm fine with it. Sure it's rare (about 1 a day in casual play) but they need to make money somehow so if people are encouraged to buy the frame and weapon instead it's all good. I'll have them in a couple of weeks easy.

This is genuinely the most defeatist and worst take I have ever read on this website. Good Job.

I found it's not too hard to get with the T2 bounty that has Scintillant as a common drop. even if you don't it the first time, they are pretty quick to do, and I suppose you could keep repeating just the first stage (where it's the most likely to drop) and just keep going in and out of necralisk to reset it. but it's all down to RNG either way.

2 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

But it’s NOT meant to be rare. It’s listed as a freaking COMMON loot drop for bounties, and I have seen exactly zero despite spamming them and completing even bonus objectives.

Considering we need 5x for the Warframe component, let alone however many for the new Necromech stuff, this is an extremely poorly thought out resource.

As far as i understand that is misunderstood. Bounties are divided in common, uncommon and rare rewards. And these rewards are also divided in common, uncommon and rare. Scintillant is a rare common, if you understand what i'm saying.

17 hours ago, uberfu said:

NO They should not.  Seeing as how NIghtwave is temporary and then the Frame would be unobtainalbe for the time periods between any new Nightwave series.  IF they discontue Nightwave then noboday can acquire the Frame until they migrate it to something else.

The ONLY tiem this tends to happen is witth PRIME FRAMES and equipment.  That is expected.  But to treat a baseline game acquisition as if it were a Prime component is asinine.  So when tehy goto release the Xaku Priem ina  few years how f*cking rare do you want them to make those parts?

The hell you talking about? Nightwave is here to stay, and you can still earn and spend Nightwave creds even during Intermissions between each Nightwave series

Archived