Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of the Necromech ?

White_Matter

To keep you busy and nothing more.

I would have been very intrigued if they polished up the mech combat, completely got rid of requiring the operator to ride it because that whole system is convoluted. Jump out of your frame then use your operator to jump into the mech? Yeah.. no. Cut out the middle man please. Anyway, make it so that you're constantly under a poison proc that is manageable during one of the cycles but when it gets light or dark it's time to suit up to avoid it and press on with the mission so at least you understand the need to have one but warframes are warframes and can do more than anything they ever provide us so there's no point in really any of this other stuff. 

At this point it's just another thing that doesn't flow with what they've already set up. Warframes/archwing are faster and you're left in the dust a lot of the time if you try sticking to the mech.

It's just new ways to play that's all. If I were you I would ask..

1. What's the point of amps?
2. What's the point of 43 frames? We can already clear content with just 3 frames.

3. What's the point of atmospheric archguns?

4. What's the point of K-Drives?

5. What's the point of all other companions except Smeeta and Helios?

and the list goes on....

On 2020-08-31 at 10:19 AM, White_Matter said:

Legit question.

After crafting mine yesterday, I took it for a spin and I saw no point of using it, other than using it to do something different for the sake of doing something different.

It is fun to use against weaker infested due to it's gunning and movement mechanics, but it is also Inferior to every other vehicle in terms of mobility, so you can't use it to traverse the open world. You have to resummon it once you get from point A to point B. But then it has a cooldown timer on the summon. It is not a very practical application when you realize you have to leave it behind all the time.

Even if we assume DE smoothes out all the jitters(Xp loss) I don't see this more practical than say a Kdrive unless  you are into mini games. 

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

Its a mecha of sorts, its suppossed to feel heavy while doing insane damage, I see it pretty mobile and fun, I see use to it when you need lots of firepower that some frames lack, not everyone wish to go mesa/Saryn.  I don't see it shining in regular tile-sets but for open worlds and railjack I do see it fun to use.

I have no idea, as it's the dumbest grind DE has ever implemented, and as long as they don't reduce it by a good 95%, the number of players even experiencing this new island will be low af (not enough to justify the time DE has spent developing it).

I mean, there are 20 billion different parts, all requiring 25 billion different materials, all this ... for what exactly ? No idea, Deimos is an Infested world, the weakest and the least interesting of the factions.

On my side I will just wait for DE to put the whole Necramech failure in the market for a few :platinum:  so that we can use it and have fun for 5 minutes then dump it in the same trash bin as the Operator forever

Necramech will probably be mandatory for another "boss" that will be another "oh hey Hold X to do something extra kewwwwlllll, we don't care about your weapons/mods, just watch our AWESOME cinematic", looting a lame Warframe that we'll buy for plat to bypass the 1% drop rate. Warframe's history is doomed to repeat forever

On 2020-08-31 at 10:42 AM, -Alleluia- said:

What utter nonsense. You can pick up the full set to build a Necramech on wf.market right now for 10 plat, 10 plat! A mere 6 days after the update released. If for some reason you absolutely cannot get the parts to drop which I would find suspect since the drop rates are not outlandish and then refuse to spend 10 plat to simply buy the parts and therefore are "locked" out of content then so be it, you've only yourself to blame. 

Iv given some parts away for free to some people that needed them i go farming all the time in iso vaults and have killed well over 400 of the things to just get mass amounts of resourses and help most of my freands get there necramechs so iv amased a big stock pile of necramech sets the sets and necramech mods could be a little easyer to get though since were geting two other necramechs it took me 3 days of farming just to get one gold mod luckaly it was the one i qas looking for intensify 

I don't know about the rest of you, but fighting side by side with Excalibur Umbra in a reverse-Titanfall situation is the most cool -clem-ing thing to me.

If there were a way to automate the Necramech too I'd slap that on and do insane tag-team moves.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

No idea, Deimos is an Infested world, the weakest and the least interesting of the factions.

While on paper that is true, there are some infested that can dish out range aoe attacks that pretty much destroy a Mech near instantly(especially in the last vault or SP bounty) unless you move out of it's way.  

I've yet to try and use Mechs on High end Fortuna and POE to make a fair comparison. But given their squishy nature, I'd expect Corpus and Grineer to annihilate it fairly easily as well.  

PS : My Necromech isn't fully modded, I still lack streamline and flow so energy is a massive problem for me.

On 2020-08-31 at 11:27 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

If they DO do this, then they will have to reduce the grind for it by alteast a 50% and refund the players who already spent it, locking out players to a mission type or boss type, behind a stupid grind is very unacceptable.

I hope they don't do this until they meet that requirement, I spent so long getting the Ores and Gems to get the Mech, it was painfully dumb, I lucked out a few times and sold a bunch of relics/prime stuff to grab the actual mech parts tho for Plat, cuz of the grind. (I still regret buying stuff in the past with real money to this day, lucky for me I spent worse on IRL things). 

You mean like how they locked out players to the profit taker orb?

22 hours ago, White_Matter said:

While on paper that is true, there are some infested that can dish out range aoe attacks that pretty much destroy a Mech near instantly(especially in the last vault or SP bounty) unless you move out of it's way.  

I've yet to try and use Mechs on High end Fortuna and POE to make a fair comparison. But given their squishy nature, I'd expect Corpus and Grineer to annihilate it fairly easily as well.  

PS : My Necromech isn't fully modded, I still lack streamline and flow so energy is a massive problem for me.

Yeah I know some Infested are now nightmarish, but  that's not because they're powerful, that's just they're poorly designed. I expect Jugulus' Gas procs to be nerfed to oblivion in a few weeks and they'll become what they are outside of SP : annoying enemies which hitbox is 98% head

• 1 month later...
On 2020-09-01 at 6:18 AM, DeMonkey said:

Warframe's were not initially developed with Operators in mind. It was an accident that they discovered the link, see the Rhino Prime codex.

It wasn't exactly an accident, though. Spoilers for The Silver Grove and The Sacrifice....

Spoiler

The Warframes were originally intended to be autonomous -- "free of the Infested madness". Apparently that objective was not entirely met, since Ballas speaks of a Warframe with a memory being "a miracle".

Thus, by the time they were deployed into battle, they were "bio-drones", indicating remote-control was already being employed, via Transference -- since electromagnetic communications could be intercepted and comandeered by the Sentients, a Void-link would be the only secure method of connection. The Warframes had Operators then, but the Operators were not Tenno.

The Tenno had previously been in Transference therapy, which Margulis recruited Sylvana to help her with. Sylvana uses Transference herself, and mentions that only the Tenno can stand it for any length of time.

Ergo, when Davis (wait, the Orokin were Welsh?!) led Rhino Prime into the Tennos' cryostasis vault, it wasn't a complete shot in the dark; he knew that Warframes were fitted with Transference bolts, and he knew the Tenno were capable of it (either innately, or via an implated device).

So really the only question was whether a bunch of civilian teenagers would be more succesful in controlling Warframes than the Operators used in their first deployment.

You can see why the Orokin military might not have considered trying it, but unless Davis was the lab tea-boy, he could have had access to enough information to think it worth a go.

On 2020-08-31 at 6:19 PM, White_Matter said:

Legit question.

After crafting mine yesterday, I took it for a spin and I saw no point of using it, other than using it to do something different for the sake of doing something different.

It is fun to use against weaker infested due to it's gunning and movement mechanics, but it is also Inferior to every other vehicle in terms of mobility, so you can't use it to traverse the open world. You have to resummon it once you get from point A to point B. But then it has a cooldown timer on the summon. It is not a very practical application when you realize you have to leave it behind all the time.

Even if we assume DE smoothes out all the jitters(Xp loss) I don't see this more practical than say a Kdrive unless  you are into mini games. 

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

MR fodder that doesn't have content to support its leveling process , so when they up the level of mechs to 40 it'll be a painfull mindless grind which will open the afk / macro gates of hell once again but who cares - let's make out steam charts look better for a week .

Not sure about them. The Voidrig has an interesting power mode but it is way lived to make the Necramechs really stand out. Necramech mod farming is just an excercise in masochism. They are also fragile despite their high health and armor values. Warframes have multiple ways of armor mitigation and health and energy regeneration by now, which the Necramech doesn't. Being able to use Arch Guns is nice, but most are not exactly better than primary weapons and the few which are interesting have such a terrible riven disposition that attempting to riven farm them feels pointless.

Part of the issue is that Archwing was neglected for such a long time with barely any weapons and no new primes that weapon variation sucks, which in turn hurts the disposition of all Archguns.

I think is the gear we need for operator only missions. It's funny how the operator and the necramech are literally 2 sides of the same coin, one fragile and "weak" but with superior mobility and infinite energy, the other sturdy and powerful but with a rough movement system and finite energy wich needs to be refilled constantly. They both offer the same resistances to eximus and nullfier stuff. I find that honestly quite interesting considering the duviri trailer and HoD quest.

• 2 months later...

Archived