Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of the Necromech ?

White_Matter

There really isn’t one atm, it just something else to collect, something to do? I’m waiting for a benefit or some kinda mechanic that needs me to build it. Until then meh, I might get around to building one next year. Or maybe they will sell them for plat like the k-drives or arch-wings at some point. Then just buy one outright from the market place (Shrug) oooor Necromech Prime incoming? 

57 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

You are definitely using it wrong.

I don't know about that...

When it comes down to it, a Mech is just a Warframe with Parkour from 2014 and very limited weapons/abilities. They definitely aren't useless like K-Drive, but they do seem impractical for almost everything.

47 minutes ago, -Alleluia- said:

What utter nonsense. You can pick up the full set to build a Necramech on wf.market right now for 10 plat, 10 plat! A mere 6 days after the update released. If for some reason you absolutely cannot get the parts to drop which I would find suspect since the drop rates are not outlandish and then refuse to spend 10 plat to simply buy the parts and therefore are "locked" out of content then so be it, you've only yourself to blame. 

Uhh, thats what I did tho?, I did use plat to get the parts?, Sorry was I not clear on that?, I swear I posted it.

Necramechs are probably a vehicle for future interesting boss fights where DE can make the boss fight not as cheesable owing to forcing you to use Necramech instead of one of the 40 some odd frames. Just my guess anyway!

hace 1 hora, White_Matter dijo:

Legit question.

After crafting mine yesterday, I took it for a spin and I saw no point of using it, other than using it to do something different for the sake of doing something different.

It is fun to use against weaker infested due to it's gunning and movement mechanics, but it is also Inferior to every other vehicle in terms of mobility, so you can't use it to traverse the open world. You have to resummon it once you get from point A to point B. But then it has a cooldown timer on the summon. It is not a very practical application when you realize you have to leave it behind all the time.

Even if we assume DE smoothes out all the jitters(Xp loss) I don't see this more practical than say a Kdrive unless  you are into mini games. 

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

You seems to just be a noob that want things to be stupidly op for no reason .... The mech its GREAT for doing bounties and vaults , Eidolons , Profit taker .... I am not sure what you expected to do .... teleport to any point of the map with one click and complete objetives alone ?

2 minutes ago, Vevvev said:

Deleting everything.... of course.

I knew somebody would post this. But you can do this faster and better with a whole bunch of top tier frames with good loadouts.

So back to OP's point - if I'm clearing content faster and better with my frame, why would I grind for a Necramech? Other than to just "be OP in a different way".

40 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I don't know about that...

When it comes down to it, a Mech is just a Warframe with Parkour from 2014 and very limited weapons/abilities. They definitely aren't useless like K-Drive, but they do seem impractical for almost everything.

The last practical thing made for WF was exilus, the last practical thing before that were upgrading crap weapons with kuva versions, and the last practical thing before that was in 2017. WF hasn't been about practical since Nekros.

1 hour ago, Cybercobra2 said:

using boost jumping (aka: boost > jump > boost just before you land > repeat) you can go quite fast for considerable lenghts of time, especially if you have slipstream (+60% boost speed), this is due to the fact that you can do a quick boost losing only a fraction of your boost bar and then jump, keeping the momentum and not using any boost untill you are about to hit the ground again, and you just do a microboost and jump again.

not as fast as archwings but certanly K-drive levels.

on the point of them in general, im not sure how you missed that.

its quite tanky and has access to archguns, which are very powerfull when modded correctly, and comes with one of the most powerfull archguns yet.

its first ability is a powerfull AOE slow

its second is iron skin

its third i have not experimented enough with to comment.

its 4th ability is the highest damage thing in the entire game and its rapid fire and AOE and gives damage reduction.

all of this is adding onto the fact that its a second healthbar over your warframe, when the mech dies, you simply are in operator form and go right back to your warframe. there is no great loss outside of temporary loss of access to it, which just means you are back to warframe as usual untill its back, and this can happen instantly as its cooldown starts when you summon the mech, not when it dies. so if it dies chances are you can insta summon it again.

the necramech is a powerhouse of damage dealing and is a great boon to your survivability, made up for by no internal energy generation and more clunky movement.

and most imporantly, you do not need to adjust your loadout at all for it. at most you can add dispensary to your build to fuel its energy consumption which is hardly a great loss as thats a good ability anyway.

a full squad of fully equipped necramechs with a full squad of fully equipped warframes behind it is just about the most bonkers thing you can get.

add onto this it being a full squad of umbra's which can fight alongside your necramech due to his passive and you effectivly got 8 tenno on the field.

Neat write up, but getting around with Void Dash + AW blink is still way faster.

Clearing content with a good frame and build is still way faster.

And that's really that. It's hard to make an argument for Necras with respect to efficiency.

The only good argument is "do it for fun", but if I'm already having fun with my frames (or more fun), then I have no reason to grind for one.

DE simply needs to introduce bosses for which these guys are required.

say that to my squad  doing steel path bounties with them due to their firepower and the fact that they are a second healthbar. they have made it much easyer.

You can do Steel Path much more efficiently with a good frame. So this argument doesn't hold up in any way.

2 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Neat write up, but getting around with Void Dash + AW blink is still way faster.

Clearing content with a good frame and build is still way faster.

And that's really that. It's hard to make an argument for Necras with respect to efficiency.

The only good argument is "do it for fun", but if I'm already having fun with my frames (or more fun), then I have no reason to grind for one.

DE simply needs to introduce bosses for which these guys are required.

ok genuinly, point me to the thing that deals more AOE damage and gives you a second lifepool.

these things shred steel path and shrug off damage and if it dies you just summon a second one.
and they dont shred slowly, whole fields of enemies dead in a second

the stats of the exalted weapon are the best of anything in the game.

From my PoV Necramechs are fun to play with. 
Sure they are not the strongest and defintely not the most eficient way to travel or in terms of dealing damage.

But thats not the point imo. 

Its sth new to play and make the Worlds more enjoyable to play from time to time just by using necramech instead of Warframes or Operator. 
Its a bit pain in the ass to farm all the mods and parts but its fine by me.

Its just a nother way on how to play open worlds, thats it. And its always have been like that. We have the meta the most efficient way to do sth and the others ways. Everyone choose freely on how to deal with enemies, open worlds etc.

For right now, granted, they aren't super useful. But something doesn't have to be end-game useful to be fun, and in my opinion they are. If they aren't for you? Well, either don't get it, or only get it for the inevitable content they're needed for.

For me, it's a Titan with a minor ability to transform (that itself being a plus for me) into a Artillery emplacement. And whilst the obscene, billions of damage on its guard mode is a bug... that's only saying so much when the base damage is 12,000, and can through modding go up to 550,000 damage, over six metres explosion, with no falloff, in full-auto. Albeit, also a very large and stationary target

They're also slated to eventually be usable in regular missions, limited by the geography (mainly doors), which means they'll get a use as what Arch-guns were originally meant for - a power trip moment. Useful as something to have in your back pocket, for example when levelling.

16 minutes ago, Cybercobra2 said:

ok genuinly, point me to the thing that deals more AOE damage and gives you a second lifepool.

So second life pool doesn't matter, because with any good build and a decent frame you're immortal anyways.

The Necra's aoe attack can't be spammed, whereas frames are consistently one-shotting high level enemies.

Going by the responses, yes there's no point in having a necramech if you're expecting it to perform some function that frames don't do already considerably well and there's no point in archwings or kdrives or railjacks or pets either. If you're exclusively looking to delete mob with a press of a button and be as efficient as possible, then you already have the 40 warframes to choose from that don't offer anything different flavor-wise cause they all use the same movement animations.

But if you're like me 4k hours in and looking for some diversity of experience, then necramechs, archwings, kdrives and railjacks do have a point. Will necramechs be more relevant in the future, well going by history it'll be good/required for one bossfight and then become a mainstay. How DE develops the system at what pace and what they introduce to make it more attractive is entirely speculation and upto them. AW was orphaned for a long time until we got jordas golem raid and later downgraded their functionality to just open world traversal system.

How far can the necramechs perform as is ? Well, it can deal with upto lvl 90 mob. I'm 3 forma in and I bring it out every now and then since the verticality it offers is nice when doing  open map bounties. Can it do steel path ? For a newly introduced system, that should not be expected. But from my experience so far, this system has more legs compared to aw, kdrives and railjack since the functionality is more close to what you want for what the game has to offer. Let's see what future holds.

About the drop rates, yes they are bad for what the necramech is worth when compared to frames, drop rates for parts and mods definitely need to be upped and the mods themselves need a buff too, especially the steel fiber one. 760 modded armour is no good with no health management available.

why are you doing that every time? just do it when the objective is very far or up a cliff.

deimos is fairly small, most objectives are only like 500m away. the necramech can clear this distance with ease, you most likely only show up a dosen seconds behind the archwing guys.

and even if you dont decide to do that, you do archwing everywhere becouse those seconds do matter to you or your squad and thats completely fair.

did lose your warframe somewhere along the way? last i checked you still have that, and your weapons, so if it really bothers you, just use the necramech when fitting, the more tricky or long running bounty missions.

and before you say "well why not use my warframe all the time then?" well why not just run the game with the braton and excalibur then? you can beat the game fine with them two.

its a tool for you to use, a powerfull one, just like everything else in the game. i have already found plenty of use for it, especially high level missions where you need to keep a area clear.

The analogy with Braton and Excalibur doesn't work for the sole reason that there are better alternatives to those two. 

Mech is not a better alternative to Archwing blink nor it is a better alternative to a warframe.

It's like driving around with a Lada samara when you have a Porsche 911 carrera lying around.

Hence the question in the OP : What is the point?

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You seems to just be

I can also list the things that you seem to be and the only difference will be that I'll be right and you'll be wrong. But let's not go there 🙂

hace 36 minutos, Ikyr0 dijo:

So second life pool doesn't matter, because with any good build and a decent frame you're immortal anyways.

The Necra's aoe attack can't be spammed, whereas frames are consistently one-shotting high level enemies.

Yes it can ... at least i have been en steel bounties in where the owner of the mech clear the map constantly for almost the entire time of the mision ....

Archived