Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth feeding cost are where they should be

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

Thank you OP ! The voice of reason !

"My Railjack is maxed, I have no reason to play any more of it !"

Well... You do my friend, to grind Helminth. Have you considered that Helminth is also there to give more relevancy to those kinds of systems ?

Also, even for "veterans", it should not be something to dump all our ressources once and be done with it, because that would render all other ressources past this point useless, negating entirely the point of helminth. It should be something you passively work on over months, if not years. The apetite growing over time is a bafflingly clear indicator that we should take it slow.

But well, you know that many are already burning themselves up trying to rush the thing in a week. And you can bet that those same impatient children are gonna come back crying in two months saying " Warframe sucks because it forces you to power farm one thing" and "Warframe sucks there is nothing to do in it". Most likely in the same post.

It was the same for focus tree, it was the same for liches, it was the same for railjack, and it's the same for helminth and Deimos. People never learn.

Meanwhile, I look like a month or two more than those guys to get tot the same point, did not burn myself up, did not miss out on anything, but what do I know right ?

12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

TLDR: I don't have enough resources and so they should change it for me.

That's what I'd say if I were acting like you. Instead I'll just point out that this isn't meant for newer players so you might just have to work away at it for a while in order to be able to enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with long term goals in an MMO, most of them have them.

6 years playing and I am taking this system slow because I know it will be a resource sink.

It should be meant for everyone but only when they can afford it and truly find value in it from having saved and earned the resources. 

probably the best way to balance it would be to have proportional costs based on DE's data of what is played so everyone has the best chance to feed this thing consistently without burnout (I don't even know what it is but I read the 2 pages and it seems to just be a resource sink for something in the new area)

it seems that the RJ resources need to be toned down, however others could be increased to compensate.

when i say proptional based on what is played i mean, to try to center the resources being used to encourage players to do more of the games content, which is less likely to cause burnout than to say - sit in an excavation for 2 hours -

also think that it should not pander to new players whining about a lack of resource. because in that case it just becomes too easy for everyone else, also won't encourage playing the game as much - less resources > less playing required - 

10 minutes ago, FaridRLz said:

I agree with you buddy, the vast majority of resources and amounts needed to feed the helminth are on spot, it's supposed to be a "experienced player feature" but oh well... i guess mr 8 who just ended the tutorial (Considering Second dream/War within the actual end of the tutorial) are experienced enough players.

There are a few resources that are kind of high, like the Rare resources from railjack, the drop is that high in a per-mission basis to actually request that much.

All in all loved to read someone analysed it in depth

the exorbitant cost on the least efficient resources is there to paint this cost efficiency gradation to everybody. when you see 100 fresnels someone might think i'm gonna grind railjack...

but 100 fresnels still takes like 30 gian point speedruns

when you see 1000 fresnels you won't think it anymore, but stop and think "maybe the system is telling me something"

even so, there was a guy who said he had 3k fresnels and spent 1k. hardly a big deal seeing how you don't need them for anything after a point... so it isn't a completely false choice. someone will still benefit from the ability to use this resource, so it can be seen as a net positive

12 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Thank you OP ! The voice of reason !

"My Railjack is maxed, I have no reason to play any more of it !"

Well... You do my friend, to grind Helminth. Have you considered that Helminth is also there to give more relevancy to those kinds of systems ?

Also, even for "veterans", it should not be something to dump all our ressources once and be done with it, because that would render all other ressources past this point useless, negating entirely the point of helminth. It should be something you passively work on over months, if not years. The apetite growing over time is a bafflingly clear indicator that we should take it slow.

But well, you know that many are already burning themselves up trying to rush the thing in a week. And you can bet that those same impatient children are gonna come back crying in two months saying " Warframe sucks because it forces you to power farm one thing" and "Warframe sucks there is nothing to do in it". Most likely in the same post.

It was the same for focus tree, it was the same for liches, it was the same for railjack, and it's the same for helminth and Deimos. People never learn.

Meanwhile, I look like a month or two more than those guys to get tot the same point, did not burn myself up, did not miss out on anything, but what do I know right ?

The problem with that is the railjack costs are so out of whack that no one even considers them a viable path, so just look at every other path. And dont even consider railjack.

Then look at it and the only real viable one is argon and you need boosters to stack em, so they look at Helminth as P2W and I dont think thats really what DE intended.

à l’instant, Kconvey a dit :

The problem with that is the railjack costs are so out of whack that no one even considers them a viable path, so just look at every other path. And dont even consider railjack.

I don't find it bad at all considering, as I said, that helminth should last at least MONTHS. 

I would have bumped the other ressources prices to be more like railjack, there the all system would make even more sense. But that last part is just personnal opinion, and seeing the tantrums some are throwing, it's never gonna happen.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

6 years playing and I am taking this system slow because I know it will be a resource sink.

It should be meant for everyone but only when they can afford it and truly find value in it from having saved and earned the resources. 

Agreed mate I am also in no great hurry to finish it, I'm taking my time and figuring out some interesting options for ability swaps. I can afford to rush it if I want but this feels more like something to savour, not to mention I'd rather wait for the inevitable alterations to available abilities that DE makes(looking at marked for death).

I'm pretty sure I'm in the top .5% of people who've done railjack since I've run it for a month or so straight. I've got 2.5k spare intrinsics (so 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10) and every single part crafted and max valence. I even went back for a few weeks when they updated everything and added a few new mods. When I tell you I'd be able to use aesterite as a resource twice as helminth currently works...something seems awry. 

Because if I put in all those hours and can only use it twice that leads me to believe others wouldn't even have a chance to use it once.

All that considered I can just spam the new resources just fine even when Helminth wants to convince me it's inefficient, which kind of hurts my brain a bit.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Synpai:

I'm pretty sure I'm in the top .5% of people who've done railjack since I've run it for a month or so straight. I've got 2.5k spare intrinsics (so 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10) and every single part crafted and max valence. I even went back for a few weeks when they updated everything and added a few new mods. When I tell you I'd be able to use aesterite as a resource twice as helminth currently works...something seems awry. 

Because if I put in all those hours and can only use it twice that leads me to believe others wouldn't even have a chance to use it once.

But the cost is fine! Don't you understand it's a timesink! /s

Nevermind the fact it was advertised as being able to experiment which we can't if infusions not only aren't free but cost bile more often then not and it's not a small % either... 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)PoKerZ2017 said:

Nevermind the fact it was advertised as being able to experiment which we can't if infusions not only aren't free but cost bile more often then not and it's not a small % either... 

Well we're getting into the modular weapon territory again. The way Bile is now, I've felt punished whenever I tried to do anything too niche or out of the box.

I thought Smite Mag would be fun over some of the more meta options and immediately removed it. It's just going to make me stick to what I'm 99.999% sure will work and other people can use their resources as a vicarious experiment on my behalf. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)PoKerZ2017 said:

No its a money sink, buy resource boosters or else

P2W for the win!

To be honest, it's not that I want all of the resources to be reduced, I just want more things I can give the Helminth so I am not forced farming argon the thermal sludge to get it's bile up.

This is after all Heart of Grindmos.

Legit content so grindy that even I, someone who is notorious for not complaining, is now complaining. It is not the optional nature of the system that should be used to validate the costs. If we are using the system, then we are choosing to use the system and thusly want a nice system to use.

And honestly DE has been doing a lot of content that has been pretty much 99% grind and they really need to know that we want some form to our grind so it is at least fun and interesting.

11 hours ago, LoveNot said:

DE also didn't force player force player to grind hema/sibear,  but the cost of those 2 weapons are very extreme.

Bringing back to topic, Resource Costs can be overlooked and very extreme.

oh goodness, please don't remind me of that... gives me conniptions going through all that nonsense just to get a burst weapon that didn't function nearly like what I thought it would... and worse part is I hate burst weapons so it didn't even fit my play style... I only found that out the hard way After finally getting it to cause that was before I thought about looking up if a weapon is good.

Am 2.9.2020 um 22:10 schrieb (XB1)ShonFr0st:

Oh, me too.

I do agree on some of the Railjack resources; Fresnels, Bracoids, and Asterite are completely absurd, Isos and Titanium could use some slight tuning, and you might argue the same for the 4 common ones, though I believe that if Railjack had any relevancy, people would be swimming in those. Bile is fine. You can cycle between Morphics, Argon, Isos and Sludge quite easily, if, as I said, you take your time and wait for hunger to reset.

Exactly. If the costs were lower Railjack would get relevancy. I'd play it if let's say it was 1000 Titanium instead of 15000 DE asks me to farm for a single feeding. Same with Cryotic. The Helmith system could be used to bring relevancy to dead game modes like Railjack or Excavation by making the costs not outlandish. Imagine it was 500 Cryotic instead of 3000 (30! excavators). Hierachon would be a top spot again.

If I'm asked: "Hey, do you want to farm one maybe two void captures as a cata bomb Limbo or do 30 excavators to click this Helminth button once?" I know my answer and it will always be the same one.

It's simply a missed opportunity to re-vitalize some modes and areas that have been left behind. No matter for what kind of player - having more viable potential options is a good thing.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Deeceem:

Exactly. If the costs were lower Railjack would get relevancy. I'd play it if let's say it was 1000 Titanium instead of 15000 DE asks me to farm for a single feeding. Same with Cryotic. The Helmith system could be used to bring relevancy to dead game modes like Railjack or Ecavation by making the costs not outlandish. Image it was 500 Cryotic instead of 3000 (30! excavators). Hierachon would be a top spot again.

If I'm asked: "Hey, do you want to farm one maybe two void captures as a cata bomb Limbo or do 30 excavators to click this Helminth button once?" I know my answer.

Missed opportunity.

1000% agreed. I would jump back into some railjack if you reduce the RJ ressource amounts by a lot. Same with Excavation. All this does currently is just make me ignore everything RJ ressource related in bile and farm ISO vaults for argon instead. 

Archived