Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Fishing — A Horrible, Buggy, Mess

Sanzio

Honestly, I don't know where to start here. Everything from the Fish AI to the spear mechanics is just broken to such a point that I would think it was some kind of cruel joke DE was playing on me & fellow Ivara players for having so much fun in the previous two open worlds.

Oh, I know. Let's start with the Ebisu Spear, who's description reads "Strike silent, strike deep with this noiseless spear, its unique infested properties allow it to pass through exocrine surfaces. Infested and hybrid infested/Orokin fish will never hear you coming!". A supposed substantial upgrade over the usual noisy default spear for the region.
Too bad it isn't actually silent. Throw it once and enemies will home onto your location with their supernatural detection powers! You can't even get detected that fast with standard ammunition!

Don't worry if the silent spear is actually louder than your explosive Kunai though, you can still sedate the fish with that sweet sweet Pharoma!

Oh yeah... it does that....

Well don't worry if you can't subdue the fish with the gear designed to subdue them, or that if every time you throw your silent spear the fish instantly scatter to the four corners of the world. It's not like just moving will cause anything like that.
Definitely. 
Definitely.

Well.... f***. Turns out if you have any Sentinel equipped (notably the Oxylus, the one specifically designed for fishing) the fish will not only run away like usual when you do... well anything, they will additionally strap turbo engines to themselves and launch themselves into next week.

But I mean, fishing has always been optional, it's not like you need 40 Tubercular Gill Systems to craft Mutagenic components as part of the faction rank up or anything. Ahahahahaa ahaha ha.....

DE, please for the love of the Lotus fix this soon.

Yeah, I've personally found the fishing to be very broken and not surprised with how Fortuna fishing or Plains of Eidolon fishing launched. 

The nice thing is that atleast the "play this small thing and be dumped on with resources" (Thumpers/Exploiter/Deimos Pillars/Vaults) mode was added on launch instead of months later.

There is a small cave to the east of the nechralisk , it is just a U shaped pond - fishing there is relatively painless and can net you the gills in 10 minutes.

Peaceful , no enemies spawn , small enough that fish cant run too far thats what i use if i am too tired of ISO vaults.

Granted i got most of my main stuff from ISO vaults, but i also got my companions revivified using this method.

Daughter tokens is what i was always skeptical on using, but now that i have gotten most of the stuff built gonna trade in more fish parts.

I'm sure there are bugs, but I haven't experienced your frustrations with fishing in Cambion Drift. It's even a bit easier because we can walk on the surface of the water!

I will say that some of the baited fish in Cambion Drift spawn far less frequently than some of the rarest fish in Plains or Orb Vallis! Even if you're in a hot spot, there may be no fish around and even the common ones spawn slowly in such situations. The spawn mechanics of fish are definitely different. Otherwise I'm perfectly fine with fishing in Cambion Drift as it is.

I've had the worst time fishing in Cambion. Poe and fortuna fishing works perfectly fine but in cambion hotspots don't act like hotspots. You see fish hover around some place and you get what you can catch, but if you use bait on the hotspot fish spawn goes down to 1 every 10 seconds or something. This isn't 100% of the time but atleast 70% of the time fishing is just move from one spot to another as soon as the initial non-bait spawn dries out. This wasn't the case on launch for me. Started after hotfix 5/6

Can't say I can relate to any of your issues at all. The only issues I've had with fishing is finding an already spawned group only for every one of them to despawn by the time you spear one and their spawnrates seeming low.

Regarding the fish getting spooked either by myself or the spears isn't an issue I've noticed aside from not realizing how close a fish was to me (the dye kills all depth perception on the fish with my graphics settings). Which isn't caused by anything other than the long existing mechanics of fish getting scared if you get too close. And the spears in my experience have been silent with the upgraded one not spooking fish ever after several misses.

Edit: Also fishing is optional. Go run vaults or work the requiem pillars for parts if you're having issues fishing.

Fish swim in to the ground and disappear or become untargetable, you occasionally get fish under the 'water' that are untargetable, fish pre-spawned all disappear if you try to catch them, the spears are objectively not silent and most importantly the spawn rates are absolute garbage.

It is also annoying AF to mine or fish with infested jumping on you every five seconds.

Just lol, another "it's soooo buggy" thread while I'm having none of those issues.

Silent spear works, maybe not as infinitly much as you'd hope, but if does. If ennemies get aggroed, it's not because of the spear, just their regular aggro mechanic.

The only bug I've seen is a couple fish going underground, that you can still "push" back out more often than not by throwing spear near them.

And you can get all fish components by just playing standard gameplay and openning crates.

Also, been fishing a lot with sentinel and kavat, and your point is just 100% false fabrication.

Man, I love this community.  Look at these responses.  "I see that you literally have video proof of what you're talking about, but I haven't had that problem so it doesn't exist."

Amazing.  

On topic though:  I would swear to you that throwing out Fass/Vome as bait (yes I've checked which is for which fish and what cycle and blah blah blah.) actually makes fish stop spawning.  I throw bait into a hot spot and catch the 2 or 3 basic fish that were there to start with and then nothing.  There's absolutely nothing for long stretches, and if a fish spawns it's a common fish again.  Every now and then I'll get a fish that I'm actually looking for, but it's not like the other open worlds at all where you throw bait and the fish you're looking for actually show up.  Fishing actually works on the Vallis.  I don't know whose idea it was to fix what wasn't broken, but they certainly know how to ruin things, because fishing on the Drift feels awful.  

Thankfully, it can be skipped.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Man, I love this community.  Look at these responses.  "I see that you literally have video proof of what you're talking about, but I haven't had that problem so it doesn't exist."

Amazing.  

On topic though:  I would swear to you that throwing out Fass/Vome as bait (yes I've checked which is for which fish and what cycle and blah blah blah.) actually makes fish stop spawning.  I throw bait into a hot spot and catch the 2 or 3 basic fish that were there to start with and then nothing.  There's absolutely nothing for long stretches, and if a fish spawns it's a common fish again.  Every now and then I'll get a fish that I'm actually looking for, but it's not like the other open worlds at all where you throw bait and the fish you're looking for actually show up.  Fishing actually works on the Vallis.  I don't know whose idea it was to fix what wasn't broken, but they certainly know how to ruin things, because fishing on the Drift feels awful.  

Thankfully, it can be skipped.

- have you ever tried like, killing the enemies? 

- pheramona is literally not needed, use fass or vome residue instead

- luminous dye does what oxylus does only better so why bring it if you're fishing and want to catch more? Bring a Smeeta

There does that answer the videos better for you? Simply put, he's doing it wrong.

16 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

have you ever tried like, killing the enemies? 

It's almost like they never stop respawning unless you're near a pylon or a bounty stage that requires a specific kill count.

pheramona is literally not needed, use fass or vome residue instead

Pharoma isn't bait.  You don't even know what you're talking about if you think they should be using bait instead of Pharoma.  Who's doing it wrong?  JFC an item specifically designed to help with fishing falls straight through the ground and instead of acknowledging that there's a very obvious bug you want to defend the devs and act like he's the incompetent one?  You're only proving the point I was making.

luminous dye does what oxylus does only better so why bring it if you're fishing and want to catch more? Bring a Smeeta

Except it doesn't do anything better because Oxylus doesn't stop highlighting fish after a couple of minutes and require that you break stealth (which auto-alerts the entire planet.) to throw another one out.  It's a constant dye in a wide area for free and you somehow think the consumable is better?  Laughable.  He's doing it the way that should work, but doesn't because of obvious bugs, but you're blaming him for it yet again proving my point.  

Oh, and screw Smeeta.  My RNG pretty much never gives me a proc unless I can't use it for anything important.  I might as well bring my Adarza or Carrier.  

There does that answer the videos better for you?

No, but it does completely justify the comment I made about the situation, so thanks for that I guess.

56 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

We could have avoided these responses if OP worked on their language and posted in the correct section.

4 hours ago, Sanzio said:

Well.... f***. Turns out if you have any Sentinel equipped (notably the Oxylus, the one specifically designed for fishing) the fish will not only run away like usual when you do... well anything, they will additionally strap turbo engines to themselves and launch themselves into next week.

But I mean, fishing has always been optional, it's not like you need 40 Tubercular Gill Systems to craft Mutagenic components as part of the faction rank up or anything. Ahahahahaa ahaha ha.....

DE, please for the love of the Lotus fix this soon.

I've had no issues with fishing... Except that in some caves the lures and luminous dies tend to fall through the floor...
About the sentinel thing, do you have attack precepts equipped? That might be your issue.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's almost like they never stop respawning unless you're near a pylon or a bounty stage that requires a specific kill count.

Pharoma isn't bait.  You don't even know what you're talking about if you think they should be using bait instead of Pharoma.  Who's doing it wrong?  JFC an item specifically designed to help with fishing falls straight through the ground and instead of acknowledging that there's a very obvious bug you want to defend the devs and act like he's the incompetent one?  You're only proving the point I was making.

Except it doesn't do anything better because Oxylus doesn't stop highlighting fish after a couple of minutes and require that you break stealth (which auto-alerts the entire planet.) to throw another one out.  It's a constant dye in a wide area for free and you somehow think the consumable is better?  Laughable.  He's doing it the way that should work, but doesn't because of obvious bugs, but you're blaming him for it yet again proving my point.  

Oh, and screw Smeeta.  My RNG pretty much never gives me a proc unless I can't use it for anything important.  I might as well bring my Adarza or Carrier.  

No, but it does completely justify the comment I made about the situation, so thanks for that I guess.

If you stay in prowl and kill them with melee(not guns) they do not respawn and if they do it's very rarely. I stand by what I say you do not require pheramona, I have found the most effective method is to just keep moving on a river, throw residue in hot spots or do laps in small caves. Fine you don't want to use smeeta then sure, bring a useless adarza to increase your crit dmg? Yeh that makes sense. And yes, luminous dye works far better, I've already tested it quite thoroughly, it also seems to have a better range than on the other open worlds.

business as usual for Fishing, it's not like there's ever been any shortage of Bugs with Fishing before Deimos released.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

an item specifically designed to help with fishing falls straight through the ground

that's in particular locations that are not actually Fishable in the first place, mind. the 'normal' Water on Deimos isn't Exocrine and so Fishing can't be done there. gotta stick with the rivers and lakes of snot.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fine you don't want to use smeeta then sure, bring a useless adarza to increase your crit dmg? Yeh that makes sense.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

My RNG pretty much never gives me a proc unless I can't use it for anything important.  I might as well bring my Adarza or Carrier.

You just don't know how to read, huh?  "I might as well..."  Implies that the Adarza would be about as useful to me as the Smeeta because of the aforementioned lack of procs due to RNG on the procs.  They would do the same thing because the Smeeta wouldn't proc.  Of course I wouldn't bring a #*!%ing Adarza to help with fishing.  I would bring Oxylus becuase it 100% does work better than dye, and unlike OP you have absolutely nothing to back up what you're talking about.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

business as usual for Fishing, it's not like there's ever been any shortage of Bugs with Fishing before Deimos released.

that's in particular locations that are not actually Fishable in the first place, mind. the 'normal' Water on Deimos isn't Exocrine and so Fishing can't be done there. gotta stick with the rivers and lakes of snot.

OP literally has video of them throwing Pharoma into a snot river and having it fall through the world.  There is a fish and a hotspot visible in the riven they throw it into, so it is 100% being thrown into a fishable area and still falling through the map.  You can clearly see the dye land, but not the pharoma.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You just don't know how to read, huh?  "I might as well..."  Implies that the Adarza would be about as useful to me as the Smeeta because of the aforementioned lack of procs due to RNG on the procs.  They would do the same thing because the Smeeta wouldn't proc.  Of course I wouldn't bring a #*!%ing Adarza to help with fishing.  I would bring Oxylus becuase it 100% does work better than dye, and unlike OP you have absolutely nothing to back up what you're talking about.

Oh I knew full well you were being sarcastic but my point still stands because you may as well increase your odds rather than bring something completely useless. Even a 1% chance increase is better than zero after all. So you think that Oxylus which scans each fish individually works better than something that simply highlights the lot, yeh ok, guess you haven't tried it huh. Whereas I have.

6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I've had zero issues with fishing just sitting in Prowl with Ivara and literally standing next to the fish, spearing several in a row without them spooking. The only time I've had them bolt is when I walk next to one. And they don't often bolt very far.

That's cool, but I've had issues with Deimos fishing up and down. Fish aren't bolting from me, but they spawn in terrain that you can't spear through, bait seems to spawn things so absurdly slow that I may as well turn the game off and take a nap, and I've had hotspots despawn after one fish spawned from them. Saying "Idk man I got no issues" when OP has video evidence of BS happening really doesn't help the game be less messy.

I like that there is an alternative to fishing and mining in all open world zones, but when the alternative is just straight up better and less buggy, why do they even bother releasing fishing and mining at all.

I had no idea there were so many issues with fishing. I haven't encountered them, but clearly they exist.

pretty much my method of fishing is going unga-bunga with Spari Spear on anything that floats above the Exocrine, occasionally throwing bait and luminous dye when I see a hotspot, then waiting and throwing at anything that appears. but given the amount of bugs I've already seen with Iso-Vaults, mining and Conservation, I'm not surprised that people are having issues with Fishing as well.

at least Void Pillars and Iso-Vaults mean you don't have to fish, so you have an alternative until this gets fixed.

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

That's cool, but I've had issues with Deimos fishing up and down. Fish aren't bolting from me, but they spawn in terrain that you can't spear through, bait seems to spawn things so absurdly slow that I may as well turn the game off and take a nap, and I've had hotspots despawn after one fish spawned from them. Saying "Idk man I got no issues" when OP has video evidence of BS happening really doesn't help the game be less messy.

I like that there is an alternative to fishing and mining in all open world zones, but when the alternative is just straight up better and less buggy, why do they even bother releasing fishing and mining at all.

See I can appreciate the terrain spawns, which also happens on PoE don't forget but saying luminous dye doesn't work etc is just straight up not true. Bait I find is less about increasing the spawn rates and more about spawning particular types of fish so I can understand it's a little confusing. I've certainly never had them bolt except if I walk into one and I will say that despite the slow spawns, you also get more out of each fish in terms of resources so that kind've makes up for it. I just tend to fish a small area and go back and forth as the spawns pop up with the entire area lit up with dye.  But to the guy telling me that luminous dye doesn't work and smeeta isn't worth bringing well... he's full of it. As this picture with a cat buff and dye working proves.
Z6qttCc.jpg

Unfortunately the entire Deimos update is a buggy mess. To get it fixed however the bugs need to be reported. Hopefully the OP filed a proper report with the proof. 

That being said I've found that I've had a lot more fun due to expecting the game to be broken beyond belief. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Amazing.  

aka, the new norm.  and yes its amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan a dit :

1st video : it only shows that OP wrongly assumed that the spear was supposed to be silent to the ennemies and based part of his thread on a wrong assumption. It was obviously supposed to be silent toward the fish. Simple experimentation would have shown that it just doesn't work how he wanted it. That doesn't make this a glitch. You can disagree with how it works, but taking a huge shortcut and flagging it as a bug is plain wrong. Also as someone said, he could have simply killed the couple mobs and be done with it.

2nd video : yeah that's a glitch, got nothing against that. Never used it, never needed, it's so useless it might as well be the game trying to give you à hint. But yeah you can have this one no problem.

3rd video : the dude is litteraly jumping over the fish... Yes of course ! It must be the sentinel ! What else could possibly make the fish bolt away ? Need I say more ?

So yeah, except from one very rare and old bug (underground fish) that must be pretty hard to fix by the devs seeing its longevity, but is very easy to fix by the players, and a bug that must have been reported next to never (pharoma) due to the fact that any decent player would know that it's not even worth the time to equip it, yeah... Such a buggy mess right ? Not at all players seeing whatever they want to see out of spite for one of the only occasions the game asks us to vary our 7 years old gameplay.

Archived