Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apparently DE still can't figure out NW after YEARS in game.

Klokwerkaos

56 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Nightwave is a low-effort scam though, looking at the prices.

Low-effort, because they don't even care about it to calculate fastest possible max rank date and use it as a deadline to finish the season.

I don't mind wrapping up Rank 30 ahead of the conclusion of the Nightwave season narrative.  I'm a daily player, but a lot of players aren't.  I can half-ass Rank 30 with daily play and a little attention to Nightwave tasks, but another player with a tighter schedule might legitimately struggle getting to Rank 30.  I like that Nightwave has overall been highly accessible and forgiving in its design.

That said, they've definitely spent a lot of time in Intermissions, which frankly shouldn't even be a thing.  The world is rich enough that they should be able to plan and implement at least 3 Nightwave seasons annually at about 4 months each.  

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

When the "You" comprises the majority, it's automatically going to be the "We". When your "we" is the exception to the norm, then I'm afraid that you'll always find it to be a "some of us". 🤷‍♂️

*Obligatory raise of hand to validate you* I'm AEST, and it's difficult to get up at 5am on weekends to do things. I'm sure alot of other people agree with the sentiment.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

You do know NW isnt even YEARS old, right?

1 year 7 months.  .5 of a value rounds up.  It's close enough and it was egregious that this was a problem after a full year.  It's a problem that is now worse than it has been in the past.  19 months or 24 months, both are unacceptable time frames for this problem to not only still exist, but exist in a worse state.

This isn't a brand new innovation, battle pass systems have long since been pioneered and tuned and retuned long before DE ever considered NW.

You'd think they could at least learn from other people who already did it how to manage this kind of content.

Nit picking specifics doesn't change the point that it's a problem, and it's been a problem for too long. 

it's funny, i post same problème and old player trach me. DE want eat buy platinum for potatos noob, you can wait another saison ect...

why DE cap NW farm? and you can afk farm in game....

weekly objectif, it's so horfull for new play, trio-édolon, orbis, railjack.... and this objectif block your progression because you recup all week impossible objectif

NW shop is to expecive for new player, you want make choise at potatos, aura, nitain, mod, cosmectic and weapon.

On 2020-09-21 at 6:31 PM, Gildarts_bb said:

you are aware nightwave has not been in warframe for "YEARS" right? 

Nw is recent but has become quite irritating and questionable in such a short time since coming to the game .... when something is done poorly the complaints and questions soon appear.

The alerts were unpredictable and did not irritate people and it was the most interesting thing ever created on the warframe ... and it had the surprise factor of the alert ... who would not like to see a catalyst and reactor on the alert?

NW is just consuming unnecessary DE time and money ... and it hasn't added anything to the game itself. Only complaints and irritation in the players.

18 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Nw is recent but has become quite irritating and questionable in such a short time since coming to the game .... when something is done poorly the complaints and questions soon appear.

The alerts were unpredictable and did not irritate people and it was the most interesting thing ever created on the warframe ... and it had the surprise factor of the alert ... who would not like to see a catalyst and reactor on the alert?

NW is just consuming unnecessary DE time and money ... and it hasn't added anything to the game itself. Only complaints and irritation in the players.

In your opinion.

On 2020-09-21 at 5:12 PM, Sahiratu said:

I like NW, I really do. I like the minigame, the story, even Nora! Everything. I just think that it needs better rewards AFTER rank 30.

Maybe it could work like this, after Rank 30 you will get NW currency plus a point or a ticket that could be used on a NW vendor (put in on a relay) to exchange for past NW items, Umbra Forma, Aura Forma, Slots etc

I agree with the first part.  I however can't stand Nora and her grating and ugly voice.

2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

all forum is complaining about nw...cant you see this?

LOL. Clearly, people have disagreed with you so "all" doesn't apply. People who are content don't usually complain about what they don't mind. And the forums are a small minority of the players in the game. 

If you are going to claim 90% of the playerbase agrees, you're going to have to do more than stand there and wave your hand dramatically at an imagined majority. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Luciole77:

all forum is complaining about nw...cant you see this?

Because the old alerts don't exist anymore? Weird argument: "People currently don't complain about something that doesn't exist anymore thus it was better than the existing thing people currently complain about."

[Insert random huge amount I pull out of my ass to make my opinion seem more important] People complained just as much about the rng of alerts and missing out on rare alerts because of work, school, sleep etc.. Mind you I'm leaning into neither direction. Both suck(ed) for a group of people - you can't please everybody.

The difference being that by its core idea (battle pass) Nightwave could be less of a slog and maybe even really engaging if it was planned out and maintained with care in advance instead of being thrown out and then left to rot until it stinks each season (I don't remember a single lore bit from chapter 1 - 4 by now nor do I care for chapter 5's lore at this point as a result of that for example) because John-Ihavenogearandlogononceamonth-Doe wants to reach rank 30 too and DE gladly obliges.

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

the alerts were just as annoying and were complained about on the forums just as much when they were around, "why are the alerts for the good stuff only on at 4am whahahaha" or "how come such and such never pops up on the alerts whawhawha" etc. these were all over the forums back when the alert system was running at least with NW you can choose what you want to spend your creds (aka tokens) which is what the community has been asking for for a long time and what is even better is it comes with some cool story and a side game, granted not everyone they do will be everyone's cup of tea but you can't please everyone i mean i finding the current one to be a little slow IMO but they can't all be to my taste. there will always be someone to complain and they are usually the loudest it comes with the territory.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

[Insert random huge amount I pull out of my ass to make my opinion seem more important] People complained just as much about the rng of alerts and missing out on rare alerts because of work, school, sleep etc.. Mind you I'm leaning into neither direction. Both suck(ed) for a group of people - you can't please everybody.

I remember when I was a newb and I ran into a player hunting prosecutors, he was on voice chat so I tossed in my mic and we were talking. He was giving me a bunch of tips and helping me out. All of a sudden he said "we gotta finish this mission quick, there's an alert we need to do" and I went along. He told me how he'd been waiting for close to a month to catch that one vauban part as a reward, I'll never forget how deflated he sounded after I told him "oh, yeah I already have all of those built. I got it last week".

It was an inherently horrible system, and didn't reward based on merit, effort, or need. In that regard, NW is far and away better than alerts ever were.

12 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

1 year 7 months.  .5 of a value rounds up.  It's close enough and it was egregious that this was a problem after a full year.  It's a problem that is now worse than it has been in the past.  19 months or 24 months, both are unacceptable time frames for this problem to not only still exist, but exist in a worse state.

This isn't a brand new innovation, battle pass systems have long since been pioneered and tuned and retuned long before DE ever considered NW.

You'd think they could at least learn from other people who already did it how to manage this kind of content.

Nit picking specifics doesn't change the point that it's a problem, and it's been a problem for too long. 

But you are fundamentally wrong. If the basis of your argument is flawed then so is your argument. Also the system is fine. It allows casual players a chance to get to 30. 

19 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

But you are fundamentally wrong. If the basis of your argument is flawed then so is your argument. Also the system is fine. It allows casual players a chance to get to 30. 

A being False does not make B false, that's False correlation.  Additionally it's not false, it's just not as accurate as you are demanding, and I also don't care what your demand is, if you want argue about semantics you will need to find someone else.

Also what I am proposing has nothing to do with casual players getting a chance to get to 30, in no way would that be affected, additionally players already have more than enough opportunity to do that, as evidenced by many casual players already reporting they have made it to 30 in this very thread, which only emphasizes how bad the problem I am complaining about is (they Finished the core as casuals long before the 5th chapter is even in the game).  If your argument is rather that every person that logs on once a month should be able to finish it, then no thank you.  At no point would would casual players be affected adversely by extending the prestige rewards. 

I don't like NW, not more than alerts anyway, alerts doesn't purposefully lock out new alternative helmets from us for a few months (I still don't have Grendel's and Protea's alternate helmet because NW just doesn't have them, Xaku's won't be available in at least half year I suppose). You also have to do specific tasks for NW instead of just completing a whatever mission it is and get the reward immediately. 

DE is also awful slow in updating the NW, it takes so much time for them to make a new episode while there are obviously better things for them to do. On the other hand alerts are fully automated and require little resource to maintain. NW story has little impact to the main story line, and intermissions actually last even longer than the actual episodes. They kind of shoot themselves in the foot by replacing alerts with NW IMO and I wonder how long it will take for them to completely lose interest in new NW episode. 

25 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I don't like NW, not more than alerts anyway, alerts doesn't purposefully lock out new alternative helmets from us for a few months (I still don't have Grendel's alternate helmet because NW just doesn't have it, Xaku's won't be available in at least half year I suppose). You also have to do specific tasks for NW instead of just completing a whatever mission it is and get the reward immediately. 

Uhhh they can't really offer stuff that hasn't been created and released yet.... can they? 

And when alerts were a thing, you weren't guaranteed to be on any of the times that one mission was being offered, kinda sucked when you realize that meant that some people went weeks and weeks hoping to get a specific item, that absolutely was in the game, but just couldn't get it. 

Archived